Not open for further replies.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
You know... I used to have this problem that my doctor said was basically a partial lung collapse. He said, in simple terms, small portions of my lung would get stuck together (hurt like hell to breathe in) and sooner or later it could trigger a full collapse. He attributed it to asthma (thicker mucus is a side effect) and this was long before I started smoking. It continued while I smoked, but I can't remember the last time I had the problem (year and a half of vaping)...

stadiumlove

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Canada
You know... I used to have this problem that my doctor said was basically a partial lung collapse. He said, in simple terms, small portions of my lung would get stuck together (hurt like hell to breathe in) and sooner or later it could trigger a full collapse. He attributed it to asthma (thicker mucus is a side effect) and this was long before I started smoking. It continued while I smoked, but I can't remember the last time I had the problem (year and a half of vaping)...

The same happened with me...only ~10% of my lung would collapse but they were still very painful and annoying.

Dom C

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Plantation, Florida
CASAA (The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association), has made this handout to bring to your doctor to educate them about the benefits of vaping. I haven't had the opportunity to go to a Dr. since I started vaping as I have been without health insurance for a while now but luckily have had no issues (knock on wood). I would print this out and bring it along since a lot of Dr.'s aren't yet educated on vaping.

http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA Medical infograph(5).pdf

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
My doctor was surprisingly educated about it when I told her I was off the analogs and vaping over a year ago. She asked me how it works and how I feel while I'm doing it. She said she keeps up on it fairly regularly and so far has seen nothing but good results both as a smoking cessation and replacement for chewing tobacco.

I recently had an ER doctor ask me if I smoke and I said "No, but I use an electronic cigarette" and he said "Well that's not the same thing it wouldn't cause any problems." In case you were wondering I was in for chest pains probably due to long term use of pain killers for an injury i've been dealing with, not e-cig related.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I went to my doctor for a regular checkup a couple of weeks ago. The nurse who checked my BP asked if I was still smoking and when I told her I switched to vaping she was really happy about it! Same thing when the doctor asked me about the smoking. They seemed to know exactly what ecigs are and were very glad I had switched to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread