Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a smok tfv4 mini tank and I'm wondering which mod would be best to use this with? Honestly I'm not looking for something too expensive as I'm just getting back into vaping. Thanks in advance :)

You can use any mod that will put out the power you want to vape at. I don't have one, but from what I've read online the tfv4 will run at under 20 watts and also go quite high, depending on the head you use.

Give us more info on what you want from the mod and we can help you chose one that at least has those features.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I have a couple TFV4 mini tanks and run them with the CLP2 and Q4 coils around 78 watts. Battery life is a bit short on a single 18650 mod, so run them on dual 18650 mods. The single is fine if I want something smaller when outside, but close to home, but if heading out for the day, I use a dual battery mod that will last for the trip. You could carry a spare battery (in protective case, of course) for a single battery mod, but some of the dual 18650 mods are close enough in size for me, it's easier to "carry the extra battery" in the bigger mod. Pretty much personal preference.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that on the single 18650 mods, that 78 watts I like are at or above the limits of the mod.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I originally had a joytech evil vt, I didn't like the temperature control too much. I then switched to a subox mini from kanger tech and absolutely loved it. So really looking for something similar to that one, I usually vape between 45-60 watts. I will use eitherthe Clapton could or kanthal. Price range maybe under $70.

For a single battery mod with 45 to 60W use, a Pico can handle the tank, is small, and inexpensive, but you will need to change out batteries if you're a moderate to heavy user at some point in the day. If you're looking for something with longer run time, a Smok Alien with 2 batteries would be a nice choice for it.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
So any mod would work with the tfv4 mini as long as it will fit without too much overhang? I don't need a specific watt mod?

Right - you just have to have a mod that can handle the range in which you vape. Most mods should easily handle the size of that tank - of the ones mentioned previously, the Pico has the battery cap on top, so you can't go much over 23mm tank diameter. I have a couple Picos, and I like them - I have a couple of tanks with airflow control rings that are just a bit too wide, so even though they look like they'd fit, they don't.

I have VTC Mini and VTwo - I do like both those mods. Just helped a friend get a couple of devices (iStick 80 and Cuboid Mini) as he's trying to get off the smokes. The biggest question these days is more "internal batteries" or "replaceable batteries". I prefer Replaceable because if the battery dies, I don't lose the mod.

Welcome back!

Reactions: Eskie

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I have a TFV8 and I like to use it on my mechanical 26650 Stingray. It works great and it's simple. I also bought my son a Smok Alien setup for his birthday last month. And I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it. For a dual battery device, it's tiny and the batteries last him more than a day. I'm even thinking of getting one for myself. I think the price was right around 50 bucks. So not very expensive either.

Reactions: Eskie

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
For a single battery mod with 45 to 60W use, a Pico can handle the tank, is small, and inexpensive, but you will need to change out batteries if you're a moderate to heavy user at some point in the day. If you're looking for something with longer run time, a Smok Alien with 2 batteries would be a nice choice for it.
And bonus points, you can get the alien with a baby beast tank for a reasonable price.

Tapatyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread