What do you consider to be a good juice testing dripper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I use a Tsunami rda. Great airflow and easy dual coil build on a velocity style deck. On your DIY, start off with just a few ingredients and make small batches at 1st. Find 2 or 3 simple recipes using 5 flavors or less and only order what you need for those recipes. I typically use a flavor % of 10-12% on my juices for subohm below .5 ohms and 15-20% for over .5 ohms. Good Luck and Good vapes

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I need a lot of flavor. I would add flavor before diluting. Main reason I need to diy. I have full dentures and a salt abused tongue. Not a lot of taste buds to rejuvenate when I quit smoking. Problem is juices I've found that taste strong enough have way too much sweetener added.
So what flavors are you vaping now and at what ohms on what kind of set-up.

Reactions: Letitia

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I use a Tsunami RDA. Great airflow and easy dual coil build on a velocity style deck. On your DIY, start off with just a few ingredients and make small batches at 1st. Find 2 or 3 simple recipes using 5 flavors or less and only order what you need for those recipes. I typically use a flavor % of 10-12% on my juices for subohm below .5 ohms and 15-20% for over .5 ohms. Good Luck and Good vapes
I use to mess with alot of flavors and recipes. Now I just buy single flavors I like from Flavor West. There are some exceptions like my Key Lime Pie.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So what flavors are you vaping now and at what ohms on what kind of set-up.
There is always MTV mandarin pineapple 3 shots, 80vg, 9mg in a Nano, current coil is AVS 3 core fused clapton; 316l 30gx3/38g 3mm 7 wraps, .444Ω 23.7w. This is fast becoming my favorite coil, fantastic ramp time. Another Nano has some V3 geek grape which has been steeping 3 weeks and I find quite weak in flavor department. It will go back in cabinet for at least another month. Same coil as above with af half closed .42Ω 24.3w. Cobra has Tmaxx dragon cranapple 6mg, .5Ω ni80 36w af closed down 25%. SMM has a .45Ω simple clapton on deck waiting for wick and juice.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
There is always MTV mandarin pineapple 3 shots, 80vg, 9mg in a Nano, current coil is AVS 3 core fused clapton; 316l 30gx3/38g 3mm 7 wraps, .444Ω 23.7w. This is fast becoming my favorite coil, fantastic ramp time. Another Nano has some V3 geek grape which has been steeping 3 weeks and I find quite weak in flavor department. It will go back in cabinet for at least another month. Same coil as above with af half closed .42Ω 24.3w. Cobra has Tmaxx dragon cranapple 6mg, .5Ω ni80 36w af closed down 25%. SMM has a .45Ω simple clapton on deck waiting for wick and juice.
Those should be easy to replicate. The Flavor Apprentice has a Pineapple Extra that is really good. I am thinking more pineapple than mandarin as orange can overpower other flavors. Use Ethyl Maltol (cotton candy) as your sweetener @ 1% and it also adds just a touch of dryness. I would start off low at 12% with 8% pineapple Extra and 4% mandarin, just make 4 ml to start and then adjust your flavors in different test batches. Since you are not used to RDAs, I would vape in in your normal set-up to get a true taste test.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you. I have primarily orange driven preferences with pineapple 2nd on list. I will start with single flavors for both. I have found a couple of orange/pineapple recipes, one is very similar to your recommendation. I do like rdas, just do not want to use for testing. Single coil rta girl here.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thank you. I have primarily orange driven preferences with pineapple 2nd on list. I will start with single flavors for both. I have found a couple of orange/pineapple recipes, one is very similar to your recommendation. I do like rdas, just do not want to use for testing. Single coil rta girl here.
Cool, I would still start low with the orange as it is so overpowering. Easier to add more as you cant take too much out.;) Good Luck

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I'm getting ready to start collecting diy supplies & decided to get 2ml single coil rta for testing.
I am usually not a fan of single coil, but I picked up the OBS Engine Nano and the flavor is amazing. Not to mention its so easy to coil and wick. This will be my new Flavor testing tank.I have a single Clapton .15 ohm coil and my usual vape is on dual claptons .15 ohm, I am not seeing much difference in taste

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
That is why single flavor so I can find the oranges, mandarins, and tangerines I like first. My first multi mixes will probably be within the oranges to get exactly what I'm looking for. Same with pineapples. Then apples, grapes and on and on! Down the rabbit hole I'll go. :shock:
Orange Cream with vanilla bean ice cream and 1% ethyl maltol (cotton candy) It's a Dreamsicle:drool:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I am usually not a fan of single coil, but I picked up the OBS Engine Nano and the flavor is amazing. Not to mention its so easy to coil and wick. This will be my new Flavor testing tank.I have a single Clapton .15 ohm coil and my usual vape is on dual claptons .15 ohm, I am not seeing much difference in taste
I only have 4 Nanos. Seriously thinking about getting 4 more just for flavor testing. Citrus juices need so long to steep and I'll want to test at 2,4,6,8 weeks. That way I can just rinse and wick, will know exactly what the juices will taste like in my daily drivers. Just need to find a good sale! :D

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I only have 4 Nanos. Seriously thinking about getting 4 more just for flavor testing. Citrus juices need so long to steep and I'll want to test at 2,4,6,8 weeks. That way I can just rinse and wick, will know exactly what the juices will taste like in my daily drivers. Just need to find a good sale! :D
Why not keep 2 as your daily drivers and use 2 for testing? I only ever use 1 for testing like my velocity. Easy to rewick or vape empty as needed and let steep in the bottles. I have a dual coil engine coming as well as Crius.

andrew172

Sep 27, 2017
Personally my go to tank is my goon 1.5, it has the best flavor out of all my rdas so far. Beats my wotof troll v2, pharoah, and my geekvape tsunami. I usually test out new flavors with this tank and if I dont like it on this tank, then it wont do very well on other tanks either. If it tastes good on the goon, then your set to use it on any other setup because the flavor never lies on the goon.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Personally my go to tank is my goon 1.5, it has the best flavor out of all my rdas so far. Beats my wotof troll v2, pharoah, and my geekvape tsunami. I usually test out new flavors with this tank and if I dont like it on this tank, then it wont do very well on other tanks either. If it tastes good on the goon, then your set to use it on any other setup because the flavor never lies on the goon.
That would be great if rdas is your go to. Seems to me you test juices in tanks similar to your daily drivers. I have a Goon clone and it's great, but I don't use it daily.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@gofishtx Reconsidered my testing diy strategy. Ended up ordering 30+ flavors. Ordered an Apocalypse Gen 2 clone and a Gorge rda. Figure if flavor is a bit too strong to drip, should be about right for Nano. Figure I'll mix 3mg for the ones that aren't snv and test in rdas, test rest in rtas at 8/9mg. Sound like a good plan to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread