What do you consider to be a good juice testing dripper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This is probably not up most people cup o' tea, and I did open up the afc a bit, but its my favorite. Easy to set up, used to be 80.00 up until a couple months ago, but now they are 10.00

They have 2 styles and I love em !!! I have 3 of each style.

The Fatty V1 and V2 by Chris Creations, and yes these are genuine and I know there were BF kits years ago.

fatty trio-002.jpg

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
@gofishtx Reconsidered my testing diy strategy. Ended up ordering 30+ flavors. Ordered an Apocalypse Gen 2 clone and a Gorge rda. Figure if flavor is a bit too strong to drip, should be about right for Nano. Figure I'll mix 3mg for the ones that aren't snv and test in rdas, test rest in rtas at 8/9mg. Sound like a good plan to you?
That will probably work but why are you mixing different percentages for RDA and RTA's? Are you planning on building lower ohm coils and vaping higher wattages on the RDAs than on your Nano? If not than mix your normal mg in the recipes. The maximum recommended flavor percentage is 22%. I find this is fine if a bit flavorful for .5 and up but where I build my coils the flavor can be too strong especially on single flavors so I usually start those around 8% and 0 mg. It's always easier to add more if needed. Do small 4 ml batches at 1st until you get your recipe down and then redo on the calculator with your nic. Hope that helps.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That will probably work but why are you mixing different percentages for RDA and RTA's? Are you planning on building lower ohm coils and vaping higher wattages on the RDAs than on your Nano? If not than mix your normal mg in the recipes. The maximum recommended flavor percentage is 22%. I find this is fine if a bit flavorful for .5 and up but where I build my coils the flavor can be too strong especially on single flavors so I usually start those around 8% and 0 mg. It's always easier to add more if needed. Do small 4 ml batches at 1st until you get your recipe down and then redo on the calculator with your nic. Hope that helps.
Have tried dripping 9mg. Just too much even with single coil. Testers that need longer steeps will be only 5ml. The creams and such I will only use in mixes, just looking for flavor notes with testers. Omg sounds like a good plan for the longer steep lot.
Thanks for answering. :)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I'm not sure why anyone would test new juice in anything but their favorite atty. If that is a dripper, so much the better. My adv dripper is a Royal Hunter Mini and they can be found relatively inexpensively.
While I agree that you should taste in your regular set-up, I don't want to have to go thru the trouble of cleaning or vaping a sub par recipe out of my tanks. I recently tried a new recipe out 1st on my Tsunami with .15 ohm dual fused stapled Clapton coils at 60 watts and then in my favorite Combo RDTA with the same coil build at the same watts and the taste was very close. On my Captain RTA with the same coil build the taste was still close. In the OBS Engine Nano single coil fused stapled Clapton built to .17 at 60 watts, the taste was slightly muted. I believe this could be due to the top airflow. A lot of things can affect the taste between an RTA, RDA and RDTA such as airflow, coil build, wicking, and top cap, but I feel if you are using the same coil and wick set-up with the approximate same airflow, then you should get close to the same results.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
A lot of things can affect the taste between an RTA, RDA and RDTA such as airflow, coil build, wicking, and top cap, but I feel if you are using the same coil and wick set-up with the approximate same airflow, then you should get close to the same results.
That suggests any old RDA will do, as long as it accommodates your usual coil build. Would you agree with that?

• Agree
Reactions: anavidfan

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
That suggests any old RDA will do, as long as it accommodates your usual coil build. Would you agree with that?
No, you would also want similar airflow and top cap as well as drip tip in addition to coil build wire and wick, not just any RDA. I find my Tsunami is similar enough in top cap, airflow and chuff cap design as my RDTA Combo that the taste is almost the same. The OBS Nano has top airflow, not airflow beneath the coils, so I notice the flavor is somewhat muted by comparison. In other words if you find an RDA that has similar airflow and drip tip that can accept your same coil set-up, you may get almost the same taste as in your usual set-up

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
No, you would also want similar airflow and top cap as well as drip tip in addition to coil build wire and wick, not just any RDA. I find my Tsunami is similar enough in top cap, airflow and chuff cap design as my RDTA Combo that the taste is almost the same. The OBS Nano has top airflow, not airflow beneath the coils, so I notice the flavor is somewhat muted by comparison. In other words if you find an RDA that has similar airflow and drip tip that can accept your same coil set-up, you may get almost the same taste as in your usual set-up
I was just tacitly suggesting that it might take quite a bit of trial and error (read: expense) to find that equivalence. You apparently did, but I never have. Nor did I spend $500+ trying to get there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread