• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do you do when your SO won't quit analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
Oh no...I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I have almost the opposite problem - my husband won't stop buying vaping supplies - and he didn't even smoke! I do credit him for getting me to try this and off the stinkies, but where do you draw the line? He's into buying mods now - spent $50 on one yesterday. We can (kinda) afford it, but it still peeves me that he's spending more than me, and I'm the ex-smoker...

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Oh no...I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I have almost the opposite problem - my husband won't stop buying vaping supplies - and he didn't even smoke! I do credit him for getting me to try this and off the stinkies, but where do you draw the line? He's into buying mods now - spent $50 on one yesterday. We can (kinda) afford it, but it still peeves me that he's spending more than me, and I'm the ex-smoker...

Thank you! I used to smoke a long time ago, myself, but quit. Then one day, I had the urge to pick up a cigarette. Discovered e-cigs and decided they were better than the real thing. I get the same way, too. I hate when hubby spends more than me, no matter what it is. Today I bought myself a Grumpy Cat t-shirt. Figured he got his tobacco and tubes to make his own analogs, so I wanted to splurge on myself, too! :facepalm:

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
First thing he said when get jome from work this morning was that he was out of cigarettes and must have them! Guess I can't trust his word!

You know, this is an addictive habit, not just a casual habit. I don't think you necessarily can't trust his word as much as you are dealing with an addiction and addict who is displaying addict behaviors. And from the posts I am reading, you seem to be playing the enabler to some degree. I don't knock you for that or judge you for that, but I think it's important to recognize. You appear to be standing strong toward the end of this thread, which is awesome - good for you! But, his habit did not form overnight and it will not break overnight. And he has to want to do it - he can't do it for anyone else but himself. If he's not there yet, he's just not there yet.

Emotionally, it's very taxing to deal with this, I can only imagine. I'm a people-pleasure by nature too, so I get that. I wish you luck!

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Now I want a Grumpy Cat tee shirt! :laugh:

Grumpy cat is like the new Garfield to me! :lol:

You know, this is an addictive habit, not just a casual habit. I don't think you necessarily can't trust his word as much as you are dealing with an addiction and addict who is displaying addict behaviors. And from the posts I am reading, you seem to be playing the enabler to some degree. I don't knock you for that or judge you for that, but I think it's important to recognize. You appear to be standing strong toward the end of this thread, which is awesome - good for you! But, his habit did not form overnight and it will not break overnight. And he has to want to do it - he can't do it for anyone else but himself. If he's not there yet, he's just not there yet.

Emotionally, it's very taxing to deal with this, I can only imagine. I'm a people-pleasure by nature too, so I get that. I wish you luck!

Thank you, Flowerpots! I am trying to understand that he's been smoking for over 15 years. It's hard for me to give up my Diet Pepsi, so I should understand. I am trying not to pressure him, anymore. Just saying we need to hold off on buying this or that until we have more money. We got some from my brother, as he lives with us and pays rent, today and did a bit of shopping.

Digital Man

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Debary, Florida
Unfortunately, he borrowed $5 from my brother. :facepalm: Guess I'll just have to accept the fact that he's not ready to quit.
Same thing happened with my wife. We started vaping together, then she quickly reverted back to analogs I am still vaping. I was recently diagnosed with leukoplakia in my mouth, most likely from 30 years of smoking & she still won't quit. It is the most powerful drug on earth & it is a miracle any of us has overcome it. Be strong & keep up the good fight.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Same thing happened with my wife. We started vaping together, then she quickly reverted back to analogs I am still vaping. I was recently diagnosed with leukoplakia in my mouth, most likely from 30 years of smoking & she still won't quit. It is the most powerful drug on earth & it is a miracle any of us has overcome it. Be strong & keep up the good fight.

Thank you! I'm sorry about the leukoplakia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread