What do you find to be the best ratio pg/vg ego-c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atty

Jan 16, 2011
Kingman, Az.
Reading your post, I'm now realizing how much I have evolved from the day I laid down the analogs. (About two years ago). I guess back then TH was everything, or at least a major part of the transition. Now, as long as the nic level is high enough, that "analog kick" is not as important. I have lost many, many smokers who have not been able to make that crossover to vaping, probably because of the lack of TH. Telling people that there is no substitute for that tobacco hit and getting them into the idea of a substitute just doesn't always work. I now realize that I have very little TH compared to an analog, but it doesn't even register anymore. Since I mix my own, I'd say I'm running around 60/40 VG to PG. I guess, to me, it doesn't really matter that much......with the exception of fighting an occasional Ego-T leak.

Thanks for the insight.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
In my experience, the eGo C does NOT like VG. Too thick to work down to the wick.

If you want a higher VG, add 5-10% water to thin the liquid. Otherwise, burnt taste.
That would be correct :)

Far too many folks blame the device when in fact it is the fuel they put in the tank that is the culprit. You don't put diesel in a gas engine, so why would you use the wrong liquids in your devices.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There's a general misconception out there that the VG used by vendors isn't already diluted. There may be some that add pure VG to their mix but I doubt it.

VG properly diluted for vaping at an 80:20 VG to H2O blend is about the same thickness of PG. People see pure VG and it is quite thick but almost no one uses it in that form for blending. A "100%" VG ejuice doesn't exist. It is part nicotine, part H2O for the blend and part flavoring and flavoring base which is usually not VG (although it can be some VG, again, usually diluted with H2O for people alergic to PG), so that an ejuice made even with a nic base in VG and a VG blend is still only about 65-70% VG and done properly it is not thick at all.

The ejuice I've used in eGo-t's and eGo-c's has been DIY using Decadent Vapours AG (Aqueous Glycerin - VG with distilled water) with a VG nic based Platinum Ice and DV's flavoring some of which is a PG base but also some flavors are better set in a combination of PG, VG, H2O or PGA depending on what brings out the flavor better. I have had very few leaking problems with the t and none with the c except for one bad atty holder. I've seen more 'leaking reports' from people using higher PG ratios vs the "no PG" blend that I use. It isn't "100% VG" because that only exists with pure VG and no one should be vaping that :) And there are some PG ejuices out there that are thinner that others. When you apply heat, viscosity goes down and there is a greater probability of leaks when that happens.

That said - while vendors will dilute their VG before using it in a mix, some DIY users don't, and adding pure VG into a mix without first diluting it with either H2O or PGA is a good way to clog up attys.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
@Kent

This is true. I get Dekang juices from my current supplier. Each flavour has a different viscosity.

Chocolate and Caramel require additional water. Mints, menthols and tobaccos dont

Yes. Flavorings can have different 'volatilities' (from discussions I've read from people who know it better than I do - Nick O'Teen at DV, kina, Kurt, Drew at nhaler and others) or "dissolvabilities" although that isn't exactly the correct term - some produce better flavor in PGA, some in PG, some in H2O, some in VG or PEG - so the trick is finding the right medium for the essence of flavoring one wants. And ...the medium has different viscosities - so if you have a thin medium to extract flavor sometimes you have to add VG to make it thicker or visa versa with PG or the other media.... However - That... should be done at the vendor level for premixed ejuices :) imo.... When extracts aren't dissolved then you have particulants that tend to adhere to the coil, clog up fillers, etc. It's why the lighter the ejuice in color, usually the better on atomizers/coils in cartos.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Looking to buy Copper Creek House blend for my ego-c. Just not sure what ratio? I like flavor, vapor and least amount of wicking issues. I just want to vape, and keep the tinkering down.

Thanks

Why are you asking? (Performance, flavor, vapor, TH, etc.)

I don't get along with PG so I only use 100% PG free without a problem. As has been noted the VG content doesn't dictate the final viscosity.
What hasn't been noted is my eGo-C gets along much better with the thicker juices. Thinner juices flood too easy for me.

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
There's a general misconception out there that the VG used by vendors isn't already diluted. There may be some that add pure VG to their mix but I doubt it.

VG properly diluted for vaping at an 80:20 VG to H2O blend is about the same thickness of PG. People see pure VG and it is quite thick but almost no one uses it in that form for blending. A "100%" VG ejuice doesn't exist. It is part nicotine, part H2O for the blend and part flavoring and flavoring base which is usually not VG (although it can be some VG, again, usually diluted with H2O for people alergic to PG), so that an ejuice made even with a nic base in VG and a VG blend is still only about 65-70% VG and done properly it is not thick at all.

The ejuice I've used in eGo-t's and eGo-c's has been DIY using Decadent Vapours AG (Aqueous Glycerin - VG with distilled water) with a VG nic based Platinum Ice and DV's flavoring some of which is a PG base but also some flavors are better set in a combination of PG, VG, H2O or PGA depending on what brings out the flavor better. I have had very few leaking problems with the t and none with the c except for one bad atty holder. I've seen more 'leaking reports' from people using higher PG ratios vs the "no PG" blend that I use. It isn't "100% VG" because that only exists with pure VG and no one should be vaping that :) And there are some PG ejuices out there that are thinner that others. When you apply heat, viscosity goes down and there is a greater probability of leaks when that happens.

That said - while vendors will dilute their VG before using it in a mix, some DIY users don't, and adding pure VG into a mix without first diluting it with either H2O or PGA is a good way to clog up attys.

I'm aware this is an old thread, but I'm doing research for my wife's eGo-T and my soon-to-arrive eGo-C.

I'm new to mixing my own juice, so the above quote begs me to ask about the 80:20 VG. Most calculators allow an amount of PG, VG and water to be input for calculations. If I were to thin my 100% VG to 80:20 with water, should the 80:20 VG be input as pure VG or should the VG mix be input as 80% of the total and H2O be 20% of the total? In the end result, I think the nic levels would be the same, so that shouldn't be affected.

Sort of thread thievery, and sorry for that, but this is where that information is listed.

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread