What do you have left in your home that still stinks of smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
We moved out of our home last Sept, and had quit smoking (after 10 years of smoking in the house) earlier that year.

When we first got to our new home of course most things still stunk like stale cigarettes, clothing, furniture etc, so we got to work washing down what furniture we could and washing all clothing etc.

I thought our new home was finally smoke stink free until 2 nights ago.

I was making dinner and I needed to pound some chicken so I grabbed some freezer paper out of the kitchen drawer (that we've had for at least 7 years) and it was right at the end of the roll and got a major wiff of stale cigarette stink. Strange I hadn't noticed it when the roll was still full but that last 2 feet or so stunk so so bad.

There may be other stuff in the new house that I'll find in the future but so far after washing everything down 10 or so months ago the freezer paper has been the only thing so far that surprised me with it's stink.

What about you, are you still finding things around your home that smell of stale cigarettes in places that you would least expect it?

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
Ugh, that smell !! I bet it woke you up, eh ? Nothing in my house smells any longer but I can guarantee there is still tar on many surfaces, like painted walls, mini blinds, etc. no smell tho. I rearranged my garage a few months ago and found a lot of ashes and even a few butts, from many moons ago. I used to smoke in my garage, til my son flew the nest, then I said "screw it, it's MY house" lol !! Smoked in it for a few years before finding vaping.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I also didn't smoke in the house but I did in my car for a few years. I don't think it smells anymore after 3+ years of vaping but I did smoke for 37 years and my sense of smell might not be all that great now.

OTOH, I sure know it when the dog farts. Silent, but oh so deadly :eek:

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
Haha that's too funny. Me and my gf both quit, but she smokes a cig every few weeks. I haven't touched one since i started vaping in Jan. I smoked in my apt for a few years, but most of my furniture is leather and I clean and condition it every 6 months or so and luckily there hasn't been a lingering smell. My car was horrible after i quit and my sense of smell came back, but I got another car from a non smoker and its much better. I miss the audi but I'm happy with my clean smelling volvo.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Another one, this kinda makes me feel lucky because I got my wife off the stinky's and now we both vape, it's a thing we share together, we make our own juice, I really enjoy it and ....I think I'm verging on a gush fest so I'll stop there..
There is a downside though, where have all my coils gone, ahhh, somebody has moved them to their vaping corner or they are sitting in someones tanks, "sighs", there is always a negative to everything ;)

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
You haven't managed to turn him to the vape side yet..?

Nope - and it's not from lack of trying. I even bought him his own kit when I first bought mine but it just didn't take off with him. My hubby is a creature of habit - it is practically impossible to make him change his ways in just about everything.

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Nope - and it's not from lack of trying. I even bought him his own kit when I first bought mine but it just didn't take off with. My hubby is a creature of habit - it is practically impossible to make him change his ways in just about everything.
That is a shame, he doesn't know what he is missing. We are all different and I never judge people, I just hope one day he might try vaping again..

Reactions: Papillon61

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
I never smoked in my house, but one of the first things I did when I quit the analogs was to diy detail my car. . . my theory was, if my car smelled great and was clean, I'd be less likely to have a smoke in it. It was DISGUSTING to realize the yellow film on the windows was from smoking.

I love the fact that when I get in my car now, there is never ash anywhere and instead of smelling like smoke it usually has a faint smell of strawberry kiwi from me vaping. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread