Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Been meaning to ask - I recall reading how some are concerned with their PG nic base turning brown. Mine is, is this truly a concern?

The discolouration is the nic oxidizing, which is not great as it renders it inert for our purposes.

Couple of things.....

* You should prolly make sure you store your nic in a cold, dark place - emphasis on the "dark".

* You can get a nic testing kit to check the actual concentration of your base, which you might want to do to see if it's been altered.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
In case you're interested, here is a Pluid-like recipe that'll knock your socks off.

LorAnn Anise: 1%
Flavour Art Orange: 2%
TFA Apple: 4%
TFA Kiwi Double: 2%
TFA Key Lime: 4%
Capella's Golden Pineapple: 4%

Thanks, FACE. Good to see you in here again.

Laniere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Prato - Italy
Only twisted flavours, i mix them with 50/50 base at 9 mg at 7.5%.

Love Orange soft cake, Hazelnuss yogurt, TeenSide, and Vanilla custard. Out of all flavours i've tried the twisted flavours are the best for me. All the flavours are sweet and complex with a lot of ingredients

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Like Spydro (in fact, disturbingly like Spydro), I'm into spicey, jolting flavours (now of my own concoction). Absinthe with heavy citrus, chai, a spearmint that'll rip you a new one (says so on the label I made for it), and a tangerine lemonade that sounds sedate... but isn't (no, gentle reader, it is not).

I DIY a stand alone TFA Mexican Liqueur 6% and 12mg Nude Nic in almost 100% VG and a few other concoctions like lemon/tea and also an absinthe blend. I'm also disturbingly (lol) like Spydo in that I vape around 12mls of juice a day in long slow lung hits. I'd go broke buying juice from venders.

Disturbingly? Hmmm. At least you can't blame the error of your ways on me. :)

Papa knows that I also make joose that most folks probably wouldn't vape. Some will put hair on your chest, some will burn it off (handy for the ladies), some will jump start a long dead mule, some may send them to an early grave. But I also have others that many might vape if they don't only vape fruits, bakery/cookie/cake, deserts, candy or soggy old rags (unflavored) that I do not vape. ;)

Same draw style Scout... but I vape 30+ mls a day/night.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Vapour Mountain Tropical Ice (Strong Menthol with Coconut) made in Cape Town South Africa! My ADV for the last 2 years!
TropicalIce 009 (2).JPG
Tropical-Ice3.jpg

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Mix of flavors in mine 6mg anywhere from 50/50 to 77vg/30pg. Fruits, desserts, amaretto, absinthe, Wakonda (your former stash has been vaporized sloth :) ) Most are DIY, there's a couple from the local shop I haven't replicated yet, and the Wakonda.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Mix of flavors in mine 6mg anywhere from 50/50 to 77vg/30pg. Fruits, desserts, amaretto, absinthe, Wakonda (your former stash has been vaporized sloth :) ) Most are DIY, there's a couple from the local shop I haven't replicated yet, and the Wakonda.

... and she has the perfect combo setup to suit each flavour. It's an art form.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Vapour Mountain Tropical Ice (Strong Menthol with Coconut) made in Cape Town South Africa! My ADV for the last 2 years!

You inspired me Rob. I've been thinking it's about time to add another palate cleanser. I don't do menthol, but do like coconut and have some strong extract. So I whipped up a batch with coconut, Koolada for cool, EM 10% for body. A couple of hours in the UC to age it about 95% and wallah, my new Coconut Ice PC. Great with the first vape, but it will be even better after a 24 hour rest to finish the aging. Thanks for the idea, I hadn't even thought of using coconut in a palate cleanser. My Spearmint Lime Ice PC and Mint Blast PC will clear your sinuses and then some, but I made this one a little bit tamer to savor the drupe.

While I was at it I also made up a couple batches from old favored recipes that I hadn't done for a couple of years.

Store bought premade... meh! I'm having fun with DIY again (and it gives me something else to do in the wee hours of the night). :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Store bought premade... meh! I'm having fun with DIY again (and it gives me something else to do in the wee hours of the night). :)

Then you're having better results than I've had. I've had one mix that I have actually enjoyed, and maybe two near misses.
Maybe I will try again this spring, but for now it's all about the tobacco extractions that should really be ready in a month or so.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Then you're having better results than I've had. I've had one mix that I have actually enjoyed, and maybe two near misses.
Maybe I will try again this spring, but for now it's all about the tobacco extractions that should really be ready in a month or so.

Oh it wasn't fun when I first started doing DIY spring 2013, it was a hell of a lot of work for several weeks. I spent endless hours figuring out recipes to try from the 50 flavors I started with, then was making dozens of small test batches, aging them the old way as I didn't have a UC yet. Lots of failures, but it was also very educational. I soon learned that I didn't like to vape fruits, bakery, cookie, candy, deserts, etc. The wins were tobacco and drinks mostly. Now I know what I like and how to get it even with new things tried.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Waaaay back in the day, I was a bartender and always experimented with drink recipes (I once knew exactly how to apply the egg white in a ramos fizz and I could do gin rickey's in my sleep). I also loved to concoct my own creations and think that was good practice for DIY juice - experimentation process, annotation, imagining different flavours in different combinations, etc.

If you have a methodology and specific goals, it really helps. Like jazz, you practice the scales and chords until you're really good and then you can improvise.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I started DIY sometime in mid-summer 2011. I only had purchased pre made juice from 2 companies, prior to starting to experiment with making my own. I haven't bought a bottle of pre made juice since. I've sampled lots of it at vape meets, won some in raffles, picked up some door prizes, and given most of it away. It took a while, before I finally made something remotely vapeable. Lots of 'sweaty gym socks' and 'burnt tires' along the way. I've also found that as my vaping style and hardware choices evolved, so have my recipes. I've had to modify most of them, at some point. There's no way I'd be able to vape anything that may have been fine when I was using 2.5 ohm CE2s, in a dual coil, .4 ohm, bottom feed atty, on a Reo. The nic level had to come way down, as well as the flavor percentages, even though the flavor profiles remained the same.
But I've also just gotten lazy. A standard Reo bottle, filled with about 5 1/2 ml of unflavored 75vg/25pg, and a drop or two of flavor, tastes great to me.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I diy most of my juices. My main mix is peanutbutter cookie. One reo is dedicated to this flavor... actually 2 reos are sporting this particular juice right now.

I am in love with Dark City Vapor's banana pudding (I can even taste the nilla wafers!) That lives in my olive drab/black reo.

I like Good Life Vapor's Cake boss.. I mix it in with my pb cookie to make a chocolately vape that stays in my woodvil.

My daughter gave me a bottle of Artifact "sycamore" for christmas, it's an apple fritter flavor and I just ordered 3 bottles of it! (it's been making it's home in a subtank though)

Most of my diy flavoring comes from one stop diy shop, they have premixed flavor profiles that make diy so easy. My favorites from them are lucky shot and baked cinnamon bun.
I also use kayfuns and subtanks on regulated devices.

Reactions: PapawBrett
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread