Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Good for you! I have a very simple small unit but it works for my purposes. After I mixed my juices the other day, I popped in some jewelry.
Cleaning attys with it sounds great, and all you :censored: got me re-intrigued with flavors so I ordered a few. I'll likely always be a UFNB ADV-kinda guy, but sometimes I do think flavors are nice and it's been a while. So I'll try the UC for mixing some flavors too. Heck, it could possibly even be used to clean mods? Bottle tubing? Seems like a cool gadget.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Cleaning attys with it sounds great, and all you :censored: got me re-intrigued with flavors so I ordered a few. I'll likely always be a UFNB ADV-kinda guy, but sometimes I do think flavors are nice and it's been a while. So I'll try the UC for mixing some flavors too. Heck, it could possibly even be used to clean mods? Bottle tubing? Seems like a cool gadget.
Hahahaha!! Shiny objects sometimes come in the form of liquid . Actually, I'm giving some thought to trying some DIY (on a small scale). I need to keep it simple (AS IF that's in my dna).

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hahahaha!! Shiny objects sometimes come in the form of liquid . Actually, I'm giving some thought to trying some DIY (on a small scale). I need to keep it simple (AS IF that's in my DNA).
I was never that good, but now that I've gotten away from flavors I'm thinking some one or two flavor mixes at low percentages will taste very refreshing. But it's easy to do, and there's a huge DIY section here with lots of flavor reviews and recipes.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Cleaning metal mods, atty's, bottles, feed tubes... no problem.

DIY: Vaping a Spicy Nog in one of my older Woodvil's/2013 Cyclones I made up this morning... from star to finish/mixing to vaping and fully enjoying it about an hour without resting or breathing it. IOW, a mix that doesn't take much aging to be very good. And most of that was UC time while I was doing other things. Having the right tools, knowing my extracts/supplies thoroughly to mix from to my tastes makes it that easy.

Thinking about doing a Scotch Milk Sweets sometime later today too for another older Woodvil/2013 Cyclone that has not been getting used.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Great! I'm so excited it can be used to clean attys, bottles and feed tubes - incredible. If it can rid of lingering smells, even better. I foresee loving this device...thanks for the heads up, @Spydro.

I got some Patchouli Vanilla premixed with my last NN order of nic. Smells incredible, actually - stunning. Tasted too "flowery" for me, but I didn't let the alcohol evaporate (if it needs to premixed), or steep. I'll hit it with the UC when it comes in. If it ever tastes like it smells I may have a heart attack...

Reactions: Robinowitz

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I am entering a different field of DIY - home extracted tobaccos. I have a 'test' 10ml of Black Cherry that I mixed at 20% extract back in mid-January that I loaded up in a 2015 Woodvil / RM4 running dual 1.2 coils ( maybe 25 Watts). The cherry is popping !
Spydro, I am looking forward to your UC experience with these kind of DIY flavors. Will probably decide if I go UC or not....

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Last night, I experimented with replicating one of our regular dinner party favourites - a lychee martini (which I call 'The Tokyo') - as a juice.

As a drink, it's got a surprisingly large number of constituents. I was able to get its juice doppelganger down to a few less, and it's wonderfully close to the original.

Thanks to the UC, experimentation turnaround was quick and I was able to dial it in within the evening. From concept to a month's supply in about 4 hours.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Wow, it really makes that big of a difference?
I just ordered a bunch of flavors this week, and was thinking I better get a kitchen scale (seems way less messy than syringes) and now I guess I better get a UC. So much for saving $$!
(I'm not actually buying anything else until I mix a few batches just to make sure it'll stick this time...)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yep - a UC does make DIY much easier for turnaround.

If you're going to go with the weight (not volume) method of mixing, here's couple of things to consider...

* Get a scale that reads accurately in small increments. When you're making small batches, the amount of flavouring you use can be minuscule, so a scale that can't read to within a few drops doesn't help.

* Make sure you know your specific gravities of the various liquids. This will determine how much weight (mass) equals how much volume.

I find the volume method to be fine. I just have large volume syringes for the unflavoured base/carrier and I dedicate one small syringe to each flavour concentrate. They're cheap and I don't care if they develop flavour ghosting (although I do wash them thoroughly).

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yeah, it's not a big deal. It's just that to use the weight process you have to know how much weight gets you how much volume to get your ratios right and the specific gravity tells you that.

It's not like you need to memorize a whole table of them or anything - most of the various flavourings have the same SG. Also, a good mixing calculator app will do pretty much all of the work for you.

To make it even easier, maybe consider using big syringes for the base/carrier (easy enough to wash) and weight for the flavour. That way, you'd only really need to know one SG.

Reactions: Henry Etta

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Only thing I use blunt tip syringes for now days for mixing up a "small batch" is the flavor extracts/adds themselves to get closest to the percentages wanted. I clean them right after with some vodka or PGA in a 250ml beaker sitting right on my mix bench, and even my battery acid flavors do not taint the syringes. I use several sizes of Borosilicate graduated cylinders and Pyrex chemistry beakers to actually mix the batches in. GC's can be found that measure in .10 ml increments. My CB's are in 10ml grads, but when adding base in between is not that hard to eyeball in quarters. Other than the in your face flavors or additives where I drop is good and 2 is bad, the flavor being off the exact recipe a 1/10 or two isn't the end of the world to me.

GC/CB Hint: Put the flavors/adds in first, the base last. IE, for a 10ml batch with say 7% total flavor, after the .7 ml of flavs/adds is in the cylinder/beaker just add base up to the 10ml graduation. Like I do I think you'll find that is close enough.

Last edited:

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, it's not a big deal. It's just that to use the weight process you have to know how much weight gets you how much volume to get your ratios right and the specific gravity tells you that.

It's not like you need to memorize a whole table of them or anything - most of the various flavourings have the same SG. Also, a good mixing calculator app will do pretty much all of the work for you.

To make it even easier, maybe consider using big syringes for the base/carrier (easy enough to wash) and weight for the flavour. That way, you'd only really need to know one SG.
This is what I'm counting on... I found a real good one.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Consider Sloth back in the flavor game, to some extent, for sure...got in some flavorings today...can't wait for the UC to come in. 4 drops of INW Frost in 10ml of 4mg 96%VG nic and I find myself enjoying it very much. Such a change of pace...I foresee a lot of fun in the 'kitchen' once again. I am excited to incorporate some flavor back into my rotation :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Consider Sloth back in the flavor game, to some extent, for sure...got in some flavorings today...can't wait for the UC to come in. 4 drops of INW Frost in 10ml of 4mg 96%VG nic and I find myself enjoying it very much. Such a change of pace...I foresee a lot of fun in the 'kitchen' once again. I am excited to incorporate some flavor back into my rotation :)
Hey if Sloth is back in the flavor game, who is next?? Now, I'm getting even more interested.

Thanks Sloth for the reminder about the DIY forum. I visited there a while back and remember feeling overwhelmed then. Perhaps now that I'm more clear on what flavors I really like and what I don't care for it might be more understandable.

I know I could ask there but I kind of feel more at home here, where can one find good Nic juice. I don't mean cheap. I mean clean, trustworthy, well made etc. The same with flavorings? (if we are going outside of the parameters of this forum, please disregard).

(This will give me something to chew on while I await the P-38 sale event). Hahaha

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey if Sloth is back in the flavor game, who is next?? Now, I'm getting even more interested.

Thanks Sloth for the reminder about the DIY forum. I visited there a while back and remember feeling overwhelmed then. Perhaps now that I'm more clear on what flavors I really like and what I don't care for it might be more understandable.

I know I could ask there but I kind of feel more at home here, where can one find good Nic juice. I don't mean cheap. I mean clean, trustworthy, well made etc. The same with flavorings? (if we are going outside of the parameters of this forum, please disregard).

(This will give me something to chew on while I await the P-38 sale event). Hahaha
Oh, opinions on that will vary as strongly as they do about flavored juice vendors. The general consensus is that Nude Nicotine and Vaperstek are two of the cleanest nicotines, with the least amount of taste. All I can say is in my experience, those two are virtually tasteless, so flavors will shine and/or your unflavored vape tastes just that--unflavored, maybe a light sweetness from the 100% VG I use. The other vendors nics I have tried have all tasted AWFUL - peppery. Myfreedomsmokes nic was the worst vape I ever had, I almost threw up. Tasted exactly like a cig. NOT my thing.

So IMO the nic is extremely important. The quality of nic will determine how well your flavors come through. I highly recommend nude nic, but if you're comfortable mixing from 100mg down, you can't beat VapersTek for quality nic. (but NN will premix to low levels if you wish...overall...this is my preference these days)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
NN sells nic base from 3mg/mL to 100mg/mL in 100% VG or PG, 50/50, 70/30, and 30/70 as well as a couple of extended life versions with all the same choices at attractive prices... some in up to 500mL/some in up to 1 liter bottles listed, but if you contact Jake direct the skies probably the only limit. As for their fairly short line of flavor's, they are all concentrates extracted in house with VG and ethyl alcohol (PG free) that you mix in VG, PG or nic base at whatever percentage you want, can build your custom recipes from using any other additives you chose same as with the flavors from any other source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread