What do you say to people who see you vaping in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I haven't had anyone say anything to me for vaping in public oddly enough, I have had people ask questions about how it works and whatnot.

If it happened I would simply ask them if I could help them, if they had something to say afterwards I would tell them to mind their own business. If they were courteous and asked me to move since it was disturbing them I would put it away.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't had anyone say anything to me for vaping in public oddly enough, I have had people ask questions about how it works and whatnot.

If it happened I would simply ask them if I could help them, if they had something to say afterwards I would tell them to mind their own business. If they were courteous and asked me to move since it was disturbing them I would put it away.
Thanks you FF.......I appreciate your input and thank you for responding to my thread...........;)

Reactions: f1vefour

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am going to try again for some of my friends to see if they will play.....
@cooladdict . @Marina2 , @wvducklady , @jpbavaro
Just reply in this thread for me please.........

The question is............
This has recently been on my mind and I would like to know how you handle it when people stare at you like you are using drugs in public?

Reactions: Marina2

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I've always thought they were staring because they thought I was smoking. I even think that maybe it's just in my mind that they're staring. At any rate, I don't say anything. I'm a very non confrontational person so it takes a lot to get me to respond to nonsense. If I do then you know you've messed up pretty bad, lol.

I don't vape a lot in public places unless it's somewhere people are smoking cigarettes freely/openly. That's because I was always kind of embarrassed/self conscious about smoking cigarettes and it kind of transfers over to vaping because all people see is the vapor and they think I'm smoking. I guess it's really up to us to vape more in public so people can become aware of the difference and then it will be somewhat normalized/accepted.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've always thought they were staring because they thought I was smoking. I even think that maybe it's just in my mind that they're staring. At any rate, I don't say anything. I'm a very non confrontational person so it takes a lot to get me to respond to nonsense. If I do then you know you've messed up pretty bad, lol.

I don't vape a lot in public places unless it's somewhere people are smoking cigarettes freely/openly. That's because I was always kind of embarrassed/self conscious about smoking cigarettes and it kind of transfers over to vaping because all people see is the vapor and they think I'm smoking. I guess it's really up to us to vape more in public so people can become aware of the difference and then it will be somewhat normalized/accepted.
Thank you Marina..............I appreciate the insight.........that's a really good though about making it more common to be accepted........

Reactions: Marina2

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
This has recently been on my mind and I would like to know how you handle it when people stare at you like you are using drugs in public?
I don't understand these kinds of questions.

As an adult, I have always figured that if I want to do something, then I have made a decision to do it. And accept whatever consequences (if there are any).

That means that if you are uncomfortable with a behavior you have chosen, then maybe time to do some soul searching about doing it or not doing it.

Guilt, discomfort, uneasiness, etc. around a behavior is a warning sign in an adult. Means time to either make peace with doing it or stop doing it.

There is no behavior that I have, as an adult, that I am ashamed of. If there was, I just would not do it anymore. :)

jpbavaro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2015
Pennsylvania
I pretty much ignore most people that just stare. I tend to be more courteous when I vape, I make sure no one is downwind or that I'm not in a big crowd. If someone happens to walk through my cloud and make a fuss about it, then I'll say something along the lines of "sorry, but at least it's not smoke." Some people have asked what it is, some have commented that it smells really good, and some are uneducated asses that try to preach the "vaping is worse/just as bad as smoking" nonsense. The latter group get schooled, and usually get angry, but some see the error of their ways...the others, it's usually a pleasant interaction all throughout. Hope this answers your question, @liblue1. :D

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I don't say anything to them, unless they say something to me, and then it depends on what they say. Most of the time it's something unrelated to my vaping, being that's so common here few think anything of it. Just occasionally someone will make a negative comment, and I pointedly ignore them.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I pretty much ignore most people that just stare. I tend to be more courteous when I vape, I make sure no one is downwind or that I'm not in a big crowd. If someone happens to walk through my cloud and make a fuss about it, then I'll say something along the lines of "sorry, but at least it's not smoke." Some people have asked what it is, some have commented that it smells really good, and some are uneducated asses that try to preach the "vaping is worse/just as bad as smoking" nonsense. The latter group get schooled, and usually get angry, but some see the error of their ways...the others, it's usually a pleasant interaction all throughout. Hope this answers your question, @liblue1. :D
Yes JP.....And thank you for that useful input..................

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't say anything to them, unless they say something to me, and then it depends on what they say. Most of the time it's something unrelated to my vaping, being that's so common here few think anything of it. Just occasionally someone will make a negative comment, and I pointedly ignore them.
Thank you Vaslovik................I can't wait until it's more common around here....

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
Here in China I get looks all the time. Usually ends up being a crowd forms around me watching me vape. Then everyone starts offering me analogs! In the end they get the concept and are quite taken with it.
The best part is when they ask me where they can get one. (I vape a Snowolf 200). I tell them they are made in CHina, but you have to go to the US to buy one. LOL

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Ppl don't stare at me. I pretty much read easy. This guy will fight. But I always blow there kinda with kindness.. But I'll talk to anyone about Vaping. Especially smokers. I even carry a mod in my truck or in my saddlebags just for them so I can let them try it for them selves if theyd like. I'll walk up in a crowd of smokers quick and break my .... out and be like you guys need to try this.

have a nice day
I always like seeing a fellow vaper vaping. I feel like there should be a hand signal like motorcyclists do when they pass each other. Like, "I see you, fellow vaper!" :vapor::vapor::vapor:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I just go on about my day. And if I feel someone is starring or possibly got tht look on their face of what is he doing I just think of the song
maybe not big black clouds but in my mind large clouds like a train. I have seen worse in public than someone blowing a cloud.

I LOVE THIS SONG. Thanks for sharing it. It makes me feel like badass.

Reactions: Wworrells

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
I always like seeing a fellow vaper vaping. I feel like there should be a hand signal like motorcyclists do when they pass each other. Like, "I see you, fellow vaper!" :vapor::vapor::vapor:
...and I actually saw one person with a vaping pen on their desk the other day ...and I was like :shock::shock::shock: ...oh ...you vape ....cool...And then she said ,she had been off the cigs going on a week now ... :thumbs::headbang::party:

Last edited:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
..yes ...I live in a small town ..very ...small..town ...and have to date only seen one other person vaping ..and actually saw one person with a vaping pen on their desk ...and I was like :shock::shock::shock: ...oh ...you vape ....cool...And then she said ,she had been off the cigs going on a week now ... :thumbs::headbang::party:
Oh, heck yes. I love to meet new people and hear their stories and share mine. It is such a great community. :wub::wub:We all look out for each other! :vapor::vapor:

Reactions: KatzWh1skers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread