Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I usually take my Reo Grand when out and about during the day. I always put a fresh battery in it before going out the door. I keep an old fashioned 510 atty as a backup in my purse just in case my RM2 coil should ever have problems. It's been several years and I've never needed to use it yet. :)

If I take any other mod with me when out and about I usually grab my Egrip OLED (which is small and compact) to take as a backup should I need it. Again, I always put fresh batteries in any mod I'm taking with me before leaving the house. And depending on what I'm taking, I might need to take a bottle of juice.

I took a lot of spare stuff with me the first few years but haven't found the need to do that for quite a while now. I wouldn't be building a new coil when out and about so for me, I need my backup to be simple and easy IF I should find I ever needed it.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You build coils on the go?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't. That's why my backup tank has coils that are packaged and ready to just be dropped into the tank that takes that type.

5pk Aspire Nautilus and Nautilus Mini Replacement Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC)

Perfect for when I travel. Before taking off on my vacation next month, I will build a new coil for my kayfun. My experience after years with this device, I know it will last me the whole time I am away. I do take spare cotton for wicking in case I need to change that out. The coils I linked, go into my kabuki and I can use that if my main go to device fails for any reason.

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
You build coils on the go?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
No, not if I'm not sitting hanging out in a shop. I do carry a set of extra ones in general just in case, and enough cotton to rewick once or twice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: shimigg

Hendog24

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2016
Washington, DC
The nature of my job means I am constantly running around town but only for an hour or two then I'm back home. I used to grab my Vaporesso Target Mini and go but recently it's just not enough. I either take my Kangertech Dripbox or my Council of Vapor Wraith now.

For more extended trips (the whole day out or an overnight) I grab my "vape box". It has a single 18650 charger, 2 18650's, cotton, eliquid, tools, ect. I also take a whole backup mod/tank at this point for extended trips just to be sure I don't have an excuse to smoke a cig.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My full day out-and-about device is a tesla stealth (2200 mAh) and a 4 mil tank (kayfun or tron). My backup is in a small zipper case (efest-made for 3 batteries), a small ego one setup with a 5 mil bottle of juice. Small screw driver on my keychain if needed. As a toodle puffer, this will last 12-16 hours.

If I'm in my car, I can use my devices as a pass-thru.

Last edited:

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
main setup Provari 2.5 with aeortank and one coil. with me; One or two spare 18650s, one or two spare coils, 4 bottles of juice, spare aerotank, cotton buds, fingertips of rubber glove in a hard carry case.

It's more than I need but it's easiest just to keep everything in the carry case.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
For work days a Pico or VTC mini with an SV clone rda and an 18 ml bottle of DIY. Recently I'm carrying one of those tiny Evic Basics to work to back up the bigger mod. Eventually I'll probably leave the Basic at work. At work I keep a backup rda with a dry wick and usually an 18 ml bottle of DIY. I recharge at home, in the car and at work but one LG HG2 will get almost through the day even if I don't recharge so I feel no need for a spare battery. For all day outings where I won't be able to recharge I've got a Pico Mega that goes all day and then some on one 26650.

I avoid carrying a spare battery in a pocket even with a case. I might put a spare battery in the tank bag of my motorcycle. If I'm flying I'll carry two mods with a battery in each and no loose batteries. A spare rda (or two) with a build and dry wick is easier than rebulding supplies. For extra days away may be I'll carry a pad of cotton to rewick and some thrum scissors to cut it. I rarely need to rebuild more than once or twice a month but I rewick 2-3 times a week.

Last edited:

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I used to carry a literal tool box full of EVERYTHING I needed for about 3 months....lol. Now all I carry is this:

FullSizeR_zps2ujpudbi.jpg

Plus 2 batteries.

I drive a lot for work (put over 100,000 miles on my work truck in less than a year) and it fits in the cup holder perfectly.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Anything a few hours or under, I grab my "road warrior" Reo, and that's it.
When I have a 6-to-18 hour day ahead of me, I'll also pack another mod (dripbox, squeeze, etc) and an extra battery.
gameday2.jpg

When flying, and overnight - which is every couple weeks for me, it's still that same old Reo Grand, plus a bottle of juice and a couple batteries go in the carryon; I have a charger I just keep in my suitcase all the time; and I have a "rebuild kit" for the road!

travelkit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread