What do you take with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
I'm a mechanic in an manufacturing plant. Most everything I need is in my tool box. I have a pull string gym bag that I carry with me everywhere. Something like this

250E342E-59D2-4850-A37F-E1696494F5A9-3730-00000D08A0F390ED_tmp.jpg

In it I keep some scissors, rayon, cotton, ceramic tweezers, dental pick and a fan motor cap from a small motor. I took an old Vision Spinner apart and the 510 connection fit perfect in the fan motor. I take two devices with me everywhere, a RTA and a rda. The rda is great if something gets wonky with my RTA. With a velocity style deck on an rda I can wick in a few minutes with my set up.

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2249.JPG

My RTA is my ADV but I can fall back on my RDA at anytime if necessary.

Reactions: David Wolf

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I usually just bring one MOD and 3 Nautilus Mini tanks with a 3 ML bottle of Tobacco DIY. If I am going to be exceptionally far from home I might bring my TC40W as a back up but one 2 or 3 cell MOD lasts more than a day even though I chain vape. Depending on the destination I am heading to I might bring a Sub Ohm tank. I have multiple USB Ports in my vehicle so not a problem to use the pass through or just charge one.

Reactions: TheTinMan

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
If I'm just going to be out for a few hours, I just take a REO, with a full juice bottle, and fresh battery. If I'm going out of town for a few days, I'll take a couple REOs, extra batteries, in battery cases, and a few extra REO bottles full of juice. I never take coil building supplies. I used to carry all that rebuilding stuff around, when I first started building coils. But as I became more experienced and confident, I found I never needed any of it, so why bother? I only rebuild at home. I just make sure everything is working properly before I leave.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    My Clouper Mini+ and my iStick30; Kayfuns V2, the original, and a carto tank of my favorite tobacco.

All day, every day.

Tools? I have an Altoids Mini tin that contains drip tips, carto filler drip tip, and bit of cotton.

Last edited:

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2016
    I think the answer to your question has more to do with how you vape. Since I vape at modest watts (23-25 watts) I don't fly through juice and a duel 18650 provides multiple days of battery life. So on my average day, like just going to work; full tank of juice (freemax starr pure) and my Alien and I'm good for the day.

If I'm off for a family vacation I take a 30 ml bottle the charger and one spare coil just in case.

I like low maintenance high quality vaping at high efficiency on both liquid and battery so this suits me.

Perhaps I'm just boring but hey I like it.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    A lot of "it depends", and to cover that, I gave smallish Tupperware container in the car. So I will answer with the being gone at least overnight. I don't deal with removing batteries, I just charge them onboard. Charger is two big.

So, I take two mods, one simply being an emergency, 3-4 toppers, 3-4 small 10 ml juice bottle ((DIY) and a USB charge cord. The Tupperware that is in the car a bit of everything for building maintenance. I don't carry spare parts. I have to much redundancy as it is. If a topper gets broken, well, I have three more.

No extra batteries or charger, that gets dropped and I just use USB charging in the car or at a hotel.

Good equipment means no problems. I did brake a plastic drip tip once. I had three more.

Just out for work? Mod with fullish battery, one filled extra topper and paper towel.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    When I go out in town, I just take whatever I am vaping at the moment. Pretty easy since "in town" is never more then about a minute and a half from home. Yes, it is that small. No need for back-ups.

Short trip out of town for 2 or 3 hours, one set-up to vape and one as a back-up just in case. Never needed that back-up yet (knock on wood), but it is a great security blanket.

On monthly all day trips to the city, 2 dual battery mods, 4 or 5 tanks, and money to spend at my favorite vape shop 100 miles away to stock up. My wife refers to it as her geriatric babysitter while she shops.

Being retired, it is rare I venture out for much of anything else. And I never take wire, cotton, or building tools. I need my big lighted magnifying glass and 1 to 2 hours to complete a build.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Wow that is crazy. So let me ask: what is an IBTank?

It's an old school tank technology where a cartomizer (a punched tube with a coil, 1.2-3.0 ohms, that's surrounded with polyfil) is set that feeds e-liquid. My current IBTank holds a 2.8 ohm carto.

tanksize1.jpg

Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Workday - A Kbox mini, a Merlin RTA and a small bottle of juice just in case I vape a bit more one day. That mod has been through hell :)

Overnight trip - The setup above, a Vaporshark 40 with another Merlin, enough juice, an extra battery and small charger and the charge setup for the Vaporshark.

Days - An extra mod and a mini toolkit to maintain the Merlins.

Reactions: smacuser

shimigg

Oct 24, 2016
    For a day at work... 2 mechs with Subtank Minis or Griffins.

For a few days away... a small camera bag with a 2 batt SODA charger, 2 extra batteries, a few Kanger 0.5ohm coils (I normally build my own, but these are easy while away) and 2x30ml bottles of juice.
    Subtank mini on a mech?!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Subtank mini on a mech?!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Yup. I have a couple STM bases that have a positive pin that protrudes far enough to make it work safely. I don't use STMs in direct to battery mechs though.

With mechs I use the STM RBA, if I use Kanger prebuilt coils in a STM, I use a regulated device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread