What do you use for tasting and sampling

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by FringeChief68, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FringeChief68

FringeChief68 Kingsguard Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I was wondering what a person would use just to taste or sample flavors without wasting a Carto just for one flavor. Seems like when I add a flavor to my tank whatever taste it was, it never leaves, so I end up putting a new Carto in. So I got some 510 Smoktech 1.7ohm XL (TheResurrector), First thing they hold a lot of juice which is nice if you want to vape it for a while. But if you just want to take a few hits it’s kind of a waste. And still not sure if I just add a different flavor on top of the one in it or is there a way to wash them out or something? Should I have gotten the standard size instead of XL? Should I try a small atomizer and just wash it out?
    BTW I get my Cartos off CCV (Crystal ClearVaping) they have these 3 Box Deals under their 15 Carto Deals section,
    I get
    3 BOXES Double-Punched & Plated SMOKTECH DUAL COIL DCT Style XL (1.5 or 2.0ohms) for $25.85
    3 BOXBUNDLE DEAL 510 SMOKTECH 1.7 ohm XL (15 RESURRECTORS) for
    $19.85
    Boge Pre-Punched (2-Holes) 510 Carto's(5-Pack) $8.62
    Are these a good deal? Or can I get them cheaper? Or are these not what I should use at all? lol
    I use the Boge in my Prive. Is there a better one to use for a Prive? So many questions for one post sorry about that.

15 Carto Deals

Oh one more question, Is there any way to stop this web site from logging me out so fast?

2. Saltraker

Saltraker Super Member ECF Veteran

3. Flames11112

Flames11112 Full Member

I use a igo-l with a micro coil and organic cotton for tasting. Just need to pull your cotton do a quick dry burn. Reload a new cotton and your off and running again

4. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Most use a 510 atomizer:
    Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube with no wick or stuffing on to which 2- 3 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean.

Good price plus free shipping. I used them on my 3.7 volts Kgo (eGo class) PV.
    Have never used Fusion but people seem to LOVE Fusion Series Problem is they are so popular he's always out of stock :facepalm:
    Here's the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals-47.html

When you login lower left of box check "Remember Me"

5. Subdivisions

Subdivisions Super Member ECF Veteran

Click the box that says remember me where you log in at the top of the page.

EDIT: oops, missed Vapor eyes response

6. athousandyears

athousandyears Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  7. dice57

dice57 PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I use one of my rba's when I make a fresh 10ml sample batch of juice. Just pull out the cotton wick, dry burn the coil, re-wick with cotton, saturate with new juice, and vape. If it tastes ok, then I'll put a few ml's in the tank and vape it dry. If I have to tweak the flavor, then I'll add a little bit of this or that, till I get it right. Since I use micro coil builds with external cotton wicks, re-wicking is a snap.

Many use a dripper rda, for tasting samples. I can easily do the same with three of my 4 rba's. So when I am down to just 3 flavors in stock, I keep one empty for taste test purposes.

8. Arnold Ziffle

Arnold Ziffle Senior Member ECF Veteran

I use an old evod. I take the post and gasket off the coil and drip a couple drops dry burn and repeat. works pretty good and is quick.

9. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

What is the best way to clean a 510 dripping bridge-less atty? I've heard just rinse with water and dry or soak in alcohol-rinse-dry.

(I tried out a melon flavor I got in a sample pack and now everything tastes like melon! I want to clean it but don't want to ruin it!)

Thanks!

10. WhiteHighlights

WhiteHighlights Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  11. FringeChief68

FringeChief68 Kingsguard Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

12. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

13. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

14. LisaR

LisaR Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I had thought the same thing at one point, but when I got them I found out that, since they are so narrow and don't come apart at the bottom, it's really hard to get all of the previous flavor washed out completely. They aren't a bad little clearo, but they aren't great for testing multiple juices.

15. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Sorry. To be more specific there are two types:
    Bridged- have a metal bridge/ wick over the element and this bridge is used to hold the juice. Many remove this bridge as it gets clogged with juice gunk very easily.
    Bridge Less- only an element.

RN4081-Atomizer-Cross-Section.jpg

Bridge Less
    vision-bridgeless-atomizer-stainless_wm.jpg

Bridged
    Bridged.jpg

16. Recon Number 54

Recon Number 54 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've got a crap-ton of cleaned Blu cartos tucked away (back from when the wife was using Blu) and I find them perfect for testing out samples.

17. Big Orange Country

Big Orange Country Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use the IGO as well and with pretty much the same setup, although if I have a bunch of new test batches to run, I'll switch the cotton out for silica.

18. white88stag

white88stag Full Member

I go with your standard drip tank. Cotton ball strips for new wicks. I can try about 3 flavors in 20 min this way. Of course giving time to evaluate the flavor.

19. oTaF

oTaF Full Member

I Use a dripping atomizer. Got it from a local vendor you can really tell the difference in taste from a regular tank. Just remember to spot the signs when your low on liquid.
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.