What do you use for tasting juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So, I had lovely success with my 15 new mixes, EXCEPT the labels, I used a different marker which appears to have been a bad choice. With about half or more of my juices it has become completely blurred and I have no idea what my juice is (yes, I did wrap my labels with tape, it appears through the dripping process, a little juice got down in there.

So, I'm mixing by smell but this is not ideal since I often like to combine juices in my tank. I need something I can taste juices in easily and quickly so I can at least figure out the flavor profile and what it might be, which is annoying. I don't want to use any of my tanks, really, that's a lot of washing, drying, etc. Should I get a dripper, and if so any recommendations that are easy to rewick?

This is so irritating, but I do have my recipes written down in my notebook, so I'm hoping I can at least match some of them. Any help would be appreciated.... :) Also, I need to work on my label making skills, clearly.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks those are helpful suggestions, I already have some of that ceramic wick, guess I'll have to get an RDA. A Haladay clone? Well, it will be from China, but I'll figure something out with these juices in the meantime, though I really do need something for tasting juices. Thx.

Anna

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I use whichever RDA I have on hand.

As to your original issue that caused this, I don't do fancy printer labels, I just use blue painters tape and a ultra fine point sharpy marker. The sharpy marks will slowly wear if used on the daily 30ml bottles that you touch a lot but it is a slow enough process I can still make it out and remark them before it vanishes.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I use Kayfun tanks h regulated mods only. Even my aHex Ohms are regulated. I have several drippers in the stash. I've always heard you should taste test with the same things you vape with. I have a Kayfun hybrid dripper that I test with. It's a Kafun base with a dripper cap & no chimney or chamber inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

doghair

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Phoenix
Something else that might help. I cut small pieces of paper and label with a single flavor or number for a mix and put it on the bottle with scotch tape, lasts pretty long and is fairly easy to remove. My code for mixes is the cap color and number, use whatever works for you. Below is OR2, RD1, WT1, etc. On the sheet I keep track of the flavors and percentages in that bottle.

20171021_150330.jpg

20171021_150335.jpg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I use green painters tape, put a few lengths onto a old back splash kitchen tile for a solid backing to write on. A fine sharpie then cut the piece with a box cutter blade off the tile, works great.
I put a drop on the back of the hand to taste and if I do put some into a atty it only takes a moment to dump, clean then rewick. I can tell pretty good with a drop if its going to even make it into a atty to vape. Dumping 20mls of a no nic test is peanuts.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I use alot if the "yard sale" style stickers, both rectangular and round. I put the round ones in the bottom of the bottle which is typically indented so it doesn't wear as easy.
Secondarily the round ones will also fit on most flavoring flat lids. I find it handy to write strawberry ripe etc.. on the lids so I can see from the side and the top what they are.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For test tasting juice nothing beats a bridge less atomizer

I ordered a couple of LR 306 bridgeless atty's once and they were convenient, but flavor was lacking. I'd be interested in the atomizer brand name, type, and vendor you got yours from. Can you post a link to the one you like?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
it can be a little rough when its 24mg tobacco:)

It's also a sharp bite/burn on the tongue if the flavoring contains alcohol. Health Cabin Watermelon will make you go and drink a glass of water to stop the burn! Of course that was straight flavoring that I tried, not the final juice mix.

Mixed into the final juice recipe and vaped, it was a great watermelon fruit flavor.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Put some clear nail polish on the text or printing on the label....Not much can permeate that.

Not sure what it is. But the vape shop near by here has some sort of drip that they use to let you taste juices. Doesn't look like it has a wick some small metal plate that they wipe before putting different flavor in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread