What do you want in a vape website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
For me it's decent prices. I typically have an idea what I'm looking for, so I'm looking for the best price on a given product. Free shipping is a huge plus! I like using a half dozen favored sites for both of those reasons.

Customer service is huge. I used to shop from wov consistently, but they didn't handle the one return I had well (out of around 10 orders, and it was on a faulty out of the box item) so I stopped shopping there, as did my gf and a buddy. Word of mouth can be a killer...

Obviously the larger the inventory, the larger the selection to purchase! But it has to be able to be browsed easily, and that's why I don't use fasttech, to me their site is terrible.

ETA: reputation is huge! The sites I use now all came from recommendations on here, so again, word of mouth is pretty important.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
A simple (but good looking) site that loads quickly and doesn't require every java-flash-shockwave-director-mpj-jpeg-264-silverlight-pdf-whatever plugin in the world to function properly.

Also, when it says "Click to enlarge", the picture should actually get SIGNIFICANTLY LARGER!

And don't try to sell me a RDA/RDTA/RTA without showing me the build deck!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What attracts you most to a website that sells vape products? The number of items they sell? The actual products they sell? Free shipping? Discounts? Community forum? 24/7 customer phone support? Is only email support sufficient? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Business lisc.
Phone number

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
What attracts you most to a website that sells vape products? The number of items they sell? The actual products they sell? Free shipping? Discounts? Community forum? 24/7 customer phone support? Is only email support sufficient? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Authentic mechs and gennies, assorted mesh, kanthal, PG and VG, flavorings... and that's about it.

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
A simple, organized layout on a page that loads quickly. Good prices and confidence that they are authentic products. Maybe this is just me, but on eliquids I like to get a quick flavor summary on mouse-over on a main eliquid page. I don't like having to click every liquid to see the flavor description to see whether I am interested. This is especially nice on liquid lines where the name of the liquid doesn't directly describe anything about the flavor.

Reactions: Falconeer

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
A simple, organized site with a good price selection and customer service. Think of websites like MBV. While their quality of juices can be questioned, you cannot doubt that their customer service is top notch. The online chat feature is huge for me as I multitask with my job. I can be on the phone with customers while chatting with a rep. 2 for 1 if you ask me. Also, sometimes I'm too lazy to pick up the phone and call.

The website cannot be ugly. And if you're selling juice, I'd rather you have fewer quality options versus vast options of crap.

www.sweet-vapes.com is a site I go on for hardware. I know they are priced higher, but the description of products not only shows me the owners are passionate vapors, but they know their stuff. They state details most avid vapors want to know - not just the generic the manufacturer puts out. They go above and beyond with product details.

Reactions: motordude

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I don't care how developed the website is , give me the best price and good CS and i'll buy , most new shops are the same crap over and over, nothing special about them .

Prices are not as good as others , new shops often claim the new place to shop has arrived , a one stop shop for all your vaping needs LOL , really ? I don't think so , i see a total of eleven items .

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I think fasttech is an example model for the future.
More and more retail will be done like that.

1: it's more about retail sales than about a particular category of product.
2: Number of items:
If it's a website where you have to login, and where you will be ordering directly from, and giving them financial information about yourself, then yep a wide array of products / items is important.
3: I've found the forums on fasttech very important, and more importantly the reviews, because only persons who actually bought an item can post a review about it.
4: wishlists are important; when you feel that urge to spend, you don't want to go looking around all over the place trying to remember stuff you were once interested in, you go look at thing you put on your various wishlists in the past that you were unsure about or that you couldn't afford at the time
5: pictures, details and specifications

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
  • Accurate inventory, don't list it if you don't have it in inventory or make it clearly as a preorder. A good point of sales system can keep you inventory in line. Nothing is worse then paying for something and then getting an e-mail it's out of stock.
  • Good pricing
  • Excellent customer service
  • Prompt shipping
  • A site that loads fast and is easy to navigate

Reactions: MMW

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I want a website that I can find out how much the shipping is going to cost just by simply entering my postal zip code.

I don't like a website that I first have to enter my full name, home address, telephone number, email address, and God knows what else [before] I can find out what the shipping is going to cost me.

Reactions: beckdg

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
"Guest" purchases! Don't make me make another username/password just for a quick purchase.

Don't pop up a "Join our newsletter" thingy covering the page. I will not join your newsletter anyway.

Proper payment provider, not some sketchy homebrew form to fill in CC details.

Proper contact information, not just a "Contact us..." form. Not because I'm planning to contact you, but because I need to know your business actually exists.

Skip the self-branded dime-a-dozen ego knockoffs. Doesn't instill much confidence. Go with name brands.

Genuine batteries instead of batteries from inflate-a-spec rewrappers.

Quick handling and shipping. Updates on the order process. I.e order received. Order shipped. Here's your tracking number. Let me know if something I ordered is not in stock ASAP. No gouging on shipping charges.

Free candy is always a plus :D

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
In case the OP didn't notice, the big things that will set any new store apart is:

Be legit. Take the time to get set up right, get a lisc and have proper contact information. If you don't have enough confidence in your store to invest in starting out right, why would your customers?

Don't overprice things. The people that spend money know what things cost. Including shipping.

Handle business professionally. Don't do preorders. Sell only what you have I stock.

Lastly, don't spam. It's shady and shows a store is willing to cut corners and steal advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread