What does it mean when tank listing displays a range of liquid capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syrja

Oct 12, 2016
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I wasn't able to find anything by googling or searching this forum.

What does it mean when a rta or clearomizer listing shows a range of capacity instead of just one number? For example, I've seen a lot of products that have the capacity listed as "1.0-1.5mL" , "1.2-1.5mL", "2.0-2.4mL", etc.

Why is there this range? Does it have to do with how you build the coil/wicking? I would have assumed that, but I've seen this even on disposable clearos where that would not be a a factor. None of these are drippers, either.

I'm basically on a hunt for the smallest capacity tank that doesn't suck (and has a wider form factor, so not something like the Vivi Nova) and don't have much background information, so if anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Recommendations are also more than welcome.

I created this account just to ask this question, so I apologize for not being able to provide links to examples of what I'm asking about, but they are not hard to find browsing sites like fasttech.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Usually it's just because the tank either comes in two completely different sizes, one tank comes with different size glass tubes, or a tank has multiple functions (for example, an RTA that also takes stock coil heads) that significantly impact the capacity. Typically it's one of the first two.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

syrja

Oct 12, 2016
Awesome, thanks for the fast responses.

So if I were to purchase something like the item on FastTech titled "Split Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer" (the version which has a listed capacity of 1.2-1.5mL) and everything was set up "normally", should I expect the capacity to be more like 1.2mL or 1.5mL, and what would affect this?

(I apologize for being vague as I don't fully understand what goes into "setting one up"; I have a much more experienced friend that will be taking care of that, but the capacity range confused him also as he's used to tanks that are like 4ml minimum.)

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
If the amount is important to your daily vaping, I would consider it at the low level. Especially when comparing RTAs towards a purchase.

For just daily use, I prefer a larger tank. If I bought an RTA and it ended up on the low end, I would be...unhappy. :censored:
I'm thinking the op is looking for something small to stealth vape or pocket carry.
I agree, that's no where near big enough for me! It might last me an hour and a half? But they want the smallest tank, that's pretty small!

syrja

Oct 12, 2016
Correct, a nicotine buzz might not precisely be my primary goal here :rolleyes:. Hence looking for the smallest capacity wide-diameter tank I can get my hands on. Thanks for the help, everyone!
I'm thinking the op is looking for something small to stealth vape or pocket carry.
I agree, that's no where near big enough for me! It might last me an hour and a half? But they want the smallest tank, that's pretty small!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Apologies if this has already been asked, but I wasn't able to find anything by googling or searching this forum.

What does it mean when a RTA or clearomizer listing shows a range of capacity instead of just one number? For example, I've seen a lot of products that have the capacity listed as "1.0-1.5mL" , "1.2-1.5mL", "2.0-2.4mL", etc.

Why is there this range? Does it have to do with how you build the coil/wicking? I would have assumed that, but I've seen this even on disposable clearos where that would not be a a factor. None of these are drippers, either.

I'm basically on a hunt for the smallest capacity tank that doesn't suck (and has a wider form factor, so not something like the Vivi Nova) and don't have much background information, so if anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Recommendations are also more than welcome.

I created this account just to ask this question, so I apologize for not being able to provide links to examples of what I'm asking about, but they are not hard to find browsing sites like FastTech.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel Vape Magazine
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
I only buy deep well drippers for high ohms and single coil use. The Magma RDA will last me one vaping session without having to refill. I like to be able to change flavors without the tank problems (leaking, cleaning, dry hits, bad seals, more expense etc...). Might like to consider an RDA.

Reactions: sawlight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread