What does Sigelei have against firmware upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Agreed with above, I have been using mine for nearly a year now (Sig 150W) and I see no reason to upgrade, nor do I have the need for more power, nor for an option to plug my phone into it and tweet my vaping stats or instagram pics of me blowing sick clouds bro.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Then why would you buy the new model which includes those capabilities?
Marketing noob. :rolleyes:

:p:p:p

TC really does throw the wrench in this, doesn't it?
I like, and have used, the upgradeability on the two of mine that have it.
But I have 9 or 10 others that still do exactly what I paid for.
Like the feature... yeah. Need it... no.

Plus... it's a major shift for the Mfg in design, coding & support and distribution. :(

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What about all the bugs that will be found by everyone that buys one?
And what about other options for TC, like SS?
As far as "bugs", it's like that with every new device on the market.
Not just vaporizers.
Not everyone wants or cares about TC.
This mod obviously isn't meant to try to please everyone.
It's target is a specific demographic.
It's not like it's the only mod they offer.
Not everyone tries to keep up with the Joneses.

Devn

Nov 12, 2015
I don't get it...Why would I want to buy a device that will be outdated by next week?
Just buy something that will give you the proper support that you want. It is your money, after all.

One thing about not having upgrades is that you cant get into that situation that the koopor mini has with their group of dissatisfied customers. better to not offer upgrades at all than to do what they did. for reference, check this video out.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Mods like most stuff just seem to get more complicated and involved than they need to be . Many like this new software stuff for mods but it's just getting more ridiculous by the day imo .

When something comes along that actually and legitimately changes the game and makes vaping that much better then i will seriously consider it but everything out there is the same old stuff just a different design and day .

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
What good is being able to upgrade the firmware when the industry gold standard is one patch within a couple of months of release to prolong the honeymoon and then maybe a beta that never goes anywhere? Just waiting two or three months and getting one with the latest firmware and physical refinements on top of it and you're far better off than the early adopters. By that point in time upgradeable firmware is utterly meaningless because it just ain't gonna happen. Company has already moved on to another shiny.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I don't get it...Why would I want to buy a device that will be outdated by next week?
So that I can continue to buy the GOOD old school devices that originally sold for $129+ for $9.95 on the clearance page!

PLEASE, EVERYONE KEEP BUYING THE LATEST AND GREATEST AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Don't you all need at least 6 of everything? YES!!

Seriously, thank you all for making the tried and true classics affordable to all the rest of us.

Last edited:

Deepfried

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
oklahoma
So that I can continue to buy the GOOD old school devices that originally sold for $129+ for $9.95 on the clearance page!

PLEASE, EVERYONE KEEP BUYING THE LATEST AND GREATEST AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Don't you all need at least 6 of everything? YES!!

Seriously, thank you all for making the tried and true classics affordable to all the rest of us.
Yes! I got my Sigelei 50w vr2 for 30 bucks. Thanks guys!

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread