What does your local B&M carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
As some of you may know, we actually used to have a brick & mortar storefront where we sold hardware along with our ejuice. These days, more and more B&M stores are opening up, and we hope to be able to bring ours back. But time has passed, and things have changed.

So I have to ask - What does your local B&M store carry these days? What would you like to see them offer?

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
We occasionally test eJuices from other stores as well and to be honest, their juices usually turn out to be pretty bad. It's just a shame that these stores aren't selling better products. I'd hate to imagine being a first-time vaper and getting some awful juice - it would probably cause me to never try vaping again!

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
Seems like they have some decent hardware which is always nice to see. As for the flavors - well, nobody has as many wonderful flavors as us! But keep in mind that you're free to tell your local B&M store about our juice. We actually offer wholesale discounts and have had quite a few of these stores order our juice to re-sell locally!

roadkill46

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Arizona
cloud chaser here in Yuma, AZ has every new mod available just about, make their own juice, tasting station, etc. they have everything from the Twist to a 'Grenade' in the display cabinet. owner does sub ohm RBA's and makes interesting mods out of a mushroom house, altoid cans, etc.
really good people to go see, always have a crowd, and are moving into a much bigger place soon, pool table, big screens, etc. can't wait. would much rather keep my money local than mail order and wait and postage and such. they also carry just about every atty replacement there is for what they carry. you pay a little more, but i don't mind that. I have my MVP-2 and don't intend on changing it out until it is dead, then they'll be up to version 5.0!

Biggame

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
There are 6 or 7 B&M stores in my local area. I have only been to 2, both of the carry most all of the Innokin products along with some Kanger starter kits and replacement batteries, tanks and coils. Lots of Juice from a variety of vendors including Halo, Space Jam, Five Pawns, Want2Vape, and many others. They both have a pretty good selection of juice and knowledgeable customer service, it is just hard for to pay nearly double the price that I can get most hardware off the internet for.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
That sounds like quite a nice local B&M, roadkill46. It's nice to see that at least a few stores out there know what they're doing. Browsing ECF, I've been learning about all of the best mods out there, as well as RBA's. In fact, I just started building my own coils for my Kanger AeroTank this past weekend! I actually can't wait until we are able to once again open our own local B&M store. Thanks for sharing!

There are 6 or 7 B&M stores in my local area. I have only been to 2, both of the carry most all of the Innokin products along with some Kanger starter kits and replacement batteries, tanks and coils. Lots of Juice from a variety of vendors including Halo, Space Jam, Five Pawns, Want2Vape, and many others. They both have a pretty good selection of juice and knowledgeable customer service, it is just hard for to pay nearly double the price that I can get most hardware off the internet for.

I can understand the frustration of rising prices. It's hard to compete with Internet retailers such as FastTech. Though I would personally be glad to pay a little more to get my hardware locally and avoid the wait and hassle with USPS. But twice the price?!? They might need to move their profit margins down a bit - if they can afford to. Just know that you're paying for great customer service, too!

Last edited:

roadkill46

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Arizona
i paid $70 for a complete MVP-2 set up with 2 free bottles of juice. did not think that was too bad considering i did not have to wait and i could actually try the one that i was buying to ensure that it worked. plus i did not have to worry that it was a clone or whatever and i got to taste the juices of my choice.

it's more of a convenience/communal thing than a price thing. place is always packed with vapers and their current location is smaller than my living room. can't wait until they move.

gotta go there today and get an Aspire tank since my Boba's is coming in the mail today! BTW this is just a husband and wife store, young, knowledgeable, and they have a little back room for their 6 year old to watch TV/video games, etc after school. She pops her head out every once and awhile to say hi...cute kid!!

Tomthern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
White River Junction, VT
I've been to a few around me. One is becoming mostly hardware and seem to be discontinuing a lot of juices. Another makes juices but I haven't liked many of them. I bought my Vamo there and a topper and was very pleased with that. I also have been in a couple that are franchises that caryy only that line. I think service is key for me. Give me service and I'm happy. I'm still new and need someonre to walk me through things.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
We actually started out (and still are) a mom-n-pop shop ourselves. From the sounds of it, that store is doing well for itself and they should be able to upgrade soon! We certainly wish them the best of luck.

Customer service really is the key to the evolution of vaping. How can we ever expect people to make the switch or help us prevent the impending bans on e-cigs if they are not well educated? I've heard of a lot of B&Ms that have no idea what they're doing - they're just there to sell a product and make some money. These stores are bringing forth a new danger to e-cigs as a whole.

roadkill46

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Arizona
since my last post on this thread, 2 more stores have popped up. one is just a 're-juicer' (buys from online then resells for profit in his store) will not buy from him. another guy is at our local swap meet that closes up for the summer next month (120 degrees in the shade) I was in the original shop and he came in hawking his juice and i hope him and the owner make a deal since the flea market guy is a high school chemistry teacher here in town and has an outstanding list of flavors although i have not tried any.
if the original B&M makes a deal, can't wait to try them.
Also, if you knew, or you prolly do know, the mark up on juice it is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Hmm. Well since nobody really has an answer, I guess I'll ask this: How many of you guys even have a brick & mortar store for e-cigs?

So far as I know, there are none even remotely close to where I live.

There are none where I live either! I enjoy shopping online though. Im afraid if there was a B&M here the prices would be so expensive that I would not pay what they wanted for stuff. I live in a small town.

Brought to you by Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread