What ejuice strength is equivalent to Pall Mall reds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
When I first got into vaping and DIY all I heard about was the "RY4" and all it is really a tobacco with Caramel or Vanilla and in my opinion HIGHLY overrated. Even though I have some RY4 Double flavoring I will be mixing up soon. I also DIY a bunch of tobacco Blends with Butterscotch, Vanilla Cream and Berries and Clove.

Natural and Artificial flavors according to the FDS.

Reactions: stols001

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
When I first got into vaping and DIY all I heard about was the "RY4" and all it is really a Tobacco with Caramel or Vanilla and in my opinion HIGHLY overrated. Even though I have some RY4 Double flavoring I will be mixing up soon. I also DIY a bunch of Tobacco Blends with Butterscotch, Vanilla Cream and Berries and Clove.

Natural and Artificial flavors according to the FDS.

It's not about finding the super, most awesome, flavor ever. It's about finding an innocuous, pleasant, vape-all-day flavor one can go to right out of the gate. The super, most awesome, flavor search came come later.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
It's not about finding the super, most awesome, flavor ever. It's about finding an innocuous, pleasant, vape-all-day flavor one can go to right out of the gate. The super, most awesome, flavor search came come later.

Like I stated before at 1st for me it was the search for the Marlboro Red and then I was saying I would never be vaping Fruits, Cereals or Deserts! Yogurt or Chocolate? Are you kidding me? But the day I found that first flavor I fell down the rabbit hole and now there is over 100 flavors in my stock.

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
Like I stated before at 1st for me it was the search for the Marlboro Red and then I was saying I would never be vaping Fruits, Cereals or Deserts! Yogurt or Chocolate? Are you kidding me? But the day I found that first flavor I fell down the rabbit hole and now there is over 100 flavors in my stock.

I like finding good out of the way flavors but I always drift back to a RY4 type flavor. Mister-E-Liquid has a banana nut bread that is unsettlingly accurate but It's not something I could vape daily.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I like finding good out of the way flavors but I always drift back to a RY4 type flavor. Mister-E-Liquid has a banana nut bread that is unsettlingly accurate but It's not something I could vape daily.

I switch flavors at least 6 times a day and sometimes even more. The one flavor that I do vape daily is a Tobacco but that itself changes to different blends sometimes 6 times itself. Like since my last post it was 2 different blends

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I switch flavors at least 6 times a day and sometimes even more. The one flavor that I do vape daily is a Tobacco but that itself changes to different blends sometimes 6 times itself. Like since my last post it was 2 different blends
While still pretty new quitting smoking/vaping I started on and have stayed with tobacco juices. Took 2 mods to work different tobacco juices, home now and have 3 loaded to grab from. One though is my uno numero ADV everyday, the Western NIC Turkish Blend I started on, others I switch off for a change of pace.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
While still pretty new quitting smoking/vaping I started on and have stayed with tobacco juices. Took 2 mods to work different tobacco juices, home now and have 3 loaded to grab from. One though is my uno numero ADV everyday, the Western NIC Turkish Blend I started on, others I switch off for a change of pace.

Like I said when I first quit there was nothing I could or would vape other than a Tobacco. That changed once I found a flavor that delivered the pleasant vape I enjoyed. Now ask about a flavor I could probably load it up and give my opinion. As long as no more killer sticks, if you were vaping blue cheese more power to you!

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Like I said when I first quit there was nothing I could or would vape other than a Tobacco. That changed once I found a flavor that delivered the pleasant vape I enjoyed. Now ask about a flavor I could probably load it up and give my opinion. As long as no more killer sticks, if you were vaping blue cheese more power to you!
100% agree whatever keeps ya off stinkies is what matters. I've sampled a number of commercial non-tobacco at vape shops and free samples received in the mail some of them pretty nice dessert vapes but not my thing at the moment. Then again some super fruity super sweet candy vapes about made me gag and fairly certain will never be my thing!

As I'm just beginning my DIY journey I've included Butterscotch, French Vanilla and White Chocolate e-flavors to go with 3 tobacco e-flavors (all from NicVape). 10ml all 6 ejuices mixed up separately just this past Sunday, steeping) I'll start playing with them a bit this weekend...

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
100% agree whatever keeps ya off stinkies is what matters. I've sampled a number of commercial non-tobacco at vape shops and free samples received in the mail some of them pretty nice dessert vapes but not my thing at the moment. Then again some super fruity super sweet candy vapes about made me gag and fairly certain will never be my thing!

As I'm just beginning my DIY journey I've included Butterscotch, French Vanilla and White Chocolate e-flavors to go with 3 tobacco e-flavors (all from NicVape). 10ml all 6 ejuices mixed up separately just this past Sunday, steeping) I'll start playing with them a bit this weekend...

Right now I have about 20 flavors I have not used for DIY because I have over a liter of retail e-liquids built up. Funny how it happens but I am not complaining. Lots of e-Liquids that will be well aged before I even crack the seals.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Someone briefly mentioned WTA liquids in a tobacco flavor. It's very true that tobacco contains countless alkaloids and additives that you will be detoxing off of, and for me that detox wasn't pretty. I'd vape through 3 p.m. and want to chew through steel at that point. I was a very, very heavy smoker, and I still vape at around 18% nicotine, but I did buy some WTA liquid (I used Aroma's DIY WTA juice at 24 m.g., it's unflavored but tastes slightly like tobacco, but blends well into any flavor) and started out using a tiny squirt in my tank, and then after that, carried a tank with some WTA in it for high pressure situations.... I used it VERY sparingly due to cost, but it really worked well for me, and was worth the investment and ability to taper off it slowlllly....

Alkaloids contain MAOIs (as does tar) so when you switch, you are losing a VERY potent type of antidepressant (it's an older class, not used as much anymore, but they were very effective, though "dirty" drugs with a lot of side effects.) Not to mention detoxing off additives, flavor, everything your body is used to.

Everyone focuses on nicotine, and that does matter, but the alkaloids play a role as well. I was glad to be cigarette free and in control of my OWN taper from some of those alkaloids by using WTA juice (though, that does not work for everyone, unfortunately, or fortunately, since some people are able to switch very easily without it). You COULD go higher on your nicotine, but also know that the nicotine found in e-juice is slightly dissimilar to nicotine in tobacco.... It takes longer for your body to absorb it, so it doesn't satisfy a craving immediately like a cigarette does, and sometimes waiting and vaping more will help a craving pass. Juul cigalike uses something called Nicotine Salts at a very high nic percentage, and a lot of people swear by it, I am one of them, when I bought my nicotine stash I bought it all in nicotine salts as I can't see that it's less healthy given that I don't vape MORE of it than I did regular nicotine. Nicotine salts (supposedly) are smoother, so it's easier to get a higher nic level that's tolerable, and they are reportedly absorbed more quickly. I did find them more satisfying, so that is what I bought. I used Nicotine River and was very happy with my purchases from them. That said, they give less of a throat hit (so I am told) so if you need that, they might not be for you.

That said, everyone's different, so experiment and find what works for you. I'm glad I tried a few different things, some people prefer to just power it out. You could go higher than 24 if you felt you HAD to, but I might just try vaping for a slightly longer period (everyone chain-vapes at first, has been my experience). Things have settled down for me, but I needed every tool I could find in the beginning. I am very happy with my DIY nic salt juices and have managed to transition fully to vaping. I don't enjoy tobacco flavors and never really did, but NET probably tastes more like tobacco than the storebought "fake" tobacco flavors I was using.

Best of luck!
Anna Well put Anna, such good advice I bookmarked it!
Anna

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hi There...Like you & many other I was on a quest for a good "True Tobacco" flavor...Then I "Fell Down The Rabbit Hole" and I'm turning into a Pastry Fiend...I was a pretty heavy smoker 1+ppd for over 30 years...Mostly Camel Filters or a close generic...

I use 18mg and am going down to 15mg as I'm finding the 18mg gets me pretty nic'ed up...And for me...as others have mentioned...The Sensation / Throat Hit / Little Fiddly Hand Habits were all a part of the addiction...Finding several flavors I really enjoy is what's most important to me now...I switch between 1/2 dozen flavors daily loaded up in various tanks...For Tobacco I enjoy several but here's 2...

1. My Baker Vapor - East Coast Tobacco...Off The Shelf pre-mix that I think is a very reasonable vape...

2. DIY...FE Turkish...It's an E-Cig Express(ECX) House Brand Flavor Concentrate sold under it's brand name "Flavor Express"...I guess it's closest to a Camel Filter/Winston but I smoked a Pall Mall or 2 in my day and it's right there in the same family...I mix that at 3% and it's quite nice...I've also used that as a base for flavored Tobaccos by adding...English Toffee / Hazelnut / Caramel...In small amounts as a background flavor...

Just A Few Thoughts...Trig :D

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
In my case, i threw down the cigarettes when i picked up vaping. Made my mind up that i didnt even want a tobacco flavored juice. So far, 68 days later, its still working for me. I smoked nearly 2 packs a day and after 42 yrs of it, i just made the switch. Really dont recall having much, if any, withdrawal symptoms. Whenever i felt like i wanted a marlboro, i just vaped, a lot, and the feeling passed. I gotta say, its not been that uncomfortable to make the transition. Started at 18mg and now using 6 and 3, depending on whether im using my big baby or my limitless+ rdta. 6mg in the rdta is kinda hot on my throat so thats where i use the 3mg stuff. So just remember to start off with high nic content and work your way down as you progress. Soon enough, cigarettes will disgust you.

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
Others have nailed the part about different liquid strengths working, it depends on a lot of variables to find what is "just right" but I wanted to share a finding of mine. Being a heavy smoker and being used to smoking, I was used to waiting until I felt a craving, and then smoking a cigarette. What I learned with vaping was that for me, the trick was to not wait until I was craving a cigarette. I found that with vaping, especially when I first quit, vaping a puff here and there throughout my day helped to keep cigarette withdrawals and cravings down. Because of this, I needed a lower nic level than I had originally expected, although I kept one little bottle of very high nic in my truck or vape bag which was a mind trick to know it was there if I needed it.

So vape more consistently to keep nic levels more constant, instead of waiting until you're deep in a craving, and then playing "catch up" to knock the craving down. And drink plenty of water. I know most people can't vape non stop or don't want too, but I'm just saying maybe instead of one 15 minute vape break, in the middle of the afternoon, maybe take a couple of short breaks, or sneak some stealth vapes in between.

lambu

Mar 24, 2013
moon
Heavy ex smoker here
Needed two attemps
my 2c

24 or 18 Nic to start
with a simlpe device like Kanger sub @1,2 ohm
and tobacco flavour

Then try different tastes
Atomizers Watts and wicks/coils /Drawing Techniques
goto diy liquids later

and reduce Nic as you are pleased.
S/B said b4 Nic is overrated
its not like
12 ml X 18 mg
20 cigs X 10 mg

Apples and Eggs...

Good Luck

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Exactly what SteveS45 said,
most folks don't realize the satisfaction they get/got from cigarettes is due to the bodies response and dependency on the inhaled chemical concoction created by smoldering tobacco & additives, not the nicotine.

Smoking vs vaping is night & day, you gotta make up your mind that you're going to quit smoking & learn to deal with your system's withdraw from the missing toxins & carcinogens.

I must have been really fortunate because I was a chimney - up to 2.5 packs Marlboro Reds a days for decades and was highly addicted. I fully agree about making up your mind --- but I did not feel any withdrawals. I vaped constantly at first with very high nic and gradually went down and along the way kept upgrading my equipment but I felt no withdrawal - I was just happy to have something to "smoke" and the substitution worked great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread