Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Uh oh! Danger, danger... I've often thought that if there was a dark green Reo available, I would buy it in 2 seconds! Please Rob,,,,,, just say no to dark green. My Reo herd is kind of big now.
I'm not sure how old my Green/black mini is, but its a emerald green.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The first Mini emerald green anodized I saw in Karens timeline pictures was a door on a June 2011 run of nickle Mini's. So that kind of suggests he had all green Mini's then. My beautiful blue ano OG Mini is from the Feb 2011 run. The picture she posted of that run doesn't include a green one, so no idea if that color was also in that run.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I am on the search myself for the Anodized grands. I have a gold and black but want the red, purple, green and blue. I have a Green anodized grand door.......just not the mod. <sniff>
I asked Rob about doing anodized as I love them the most. He said that he stopped doing them as it was too difficult to get consistent finishes so he stopped. I love the anodized the most so if anyone has some to get rid of.....heh heh

Take care REOnauts! -peace-

Reactions: Robinowitz

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Anodizers are a drag to deal with and its never there fault when they destroy hundreds of mods .
I deal with suppliers all day, and I know how they can be with not taking responsibility when they mess up, Once I sent a flywheel to be machined, and it came back with chatter marks, looked like they used a worn out bit on the machine, but they swore that something was wrong with the flywheel, luckily the flywheel was still thick enough for one more machining and the second machinist was able to fix the damage.

Reactions: redeyedancer

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
The gold grands on the REOsMods site look anodized to me
Are they?
And if so
Why are they?
My first REO is a Black/Gold Grand anodized
Back then you had to be lucky to get one
And Woodvils were FuGedAboutIt, you had to know somebody to get one
Robs come a long way since then
I like the look of anodized, but wish it didn't scratch so easy

Last edited:
Reactions: Dj Xy

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
The gold grands on the REOsMods site look anodized to me
Are they?
And if so
Why are they?
My first REO is a Black/Gold Grand anodized
And back then you had to be lucky to get one
And Woodvils were FuGedAboutIt, you had to know somebody to get one
Robs come a long way since then
I like the look of anodized, but wish it didn't scratch so easy

Yes it states there gold anodized. There is a thread barried in here about them.

Reactions: Cliven

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I still do small runs of ano mods black for the most part and once and a while I will run a off color like gold . I have bad luck with plating companies in my area . I have to be all over these people to get a passable product and if I don't stay on them they slip and produce sub par work that I could never sell .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread