What happen to the smileomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisegirlz

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Update - This is the email I sent to V4L Customer Service:

"So far I have gone through 4 of them in 4 days. They are fine for 1 use. Then they get too hard to pull. When I top it off, it floods the coil and I have ejuice all over my desk. I have been using these since they came out and not had an issue. I am afraid I am going to ruin my Zeus batteries refilling the smileomizers. I top them off, let them sit, clean up the mess. Then when I try to use it and the cartridge sounds flooded and I can still barely get a drag off it. All batteries have been cleaned and are fully charged when using. I have wasted almost a whole bottle of ejuice on this trial and error testing.

I can continue to try the ones I have on hand but will not continue to top them off after one use. That method has thus far proven futile, wasteful, extremely messy, and, as stated above, I am concerned that I will ruin my batteries."

V4L customer service will be sending replacements.

Last edited:

emb

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
I received my replacement smileomizers early, yesterday afternoon. So far I am very happy with them and they are 100% better than the ones I received a week or so ago. I am more convinced now that I had received a bad lot/batch of the new smileomizers in my previous order. It was hard for me to believe that V4L would actually market such a disgusting product and I am glad to see that the replacements are far better than the previous order I had received.

So far from the replacement new smileomizers that I received yesterday I can say: the draw is still a little tighter then what I would like but not too bad and surely far better than the ones from the previous order that I had received. The replacements smileomizers are also filling better than the previous batch and tastes better.

The next big question is going to be: The life span of these new smileomizers compared to the old smileomnizers. I was getting 7-10 days out of the old smileomizers and only 2 days at best for the previous bad batch of the new smileomizers that I received a week or so ago. I will have to wait and see how long these replacements new smileomizers last. If the new smileomizers hold out for at least 7 days maintaining a good taste – then I’ll be a happy camper.

My guess is there is a very bad lot/batch of smileomizers out there that some of us are receiving.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    I just got some of the new batch today also, but haven't had a chance to try yet. I did ask for normal tips in the order comments, but got the new ones. Go back to the old style please.

Could someone please post a picture of the difference in the tips b/t the old, good smileo's, and the new ones?

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Don't know if it has anything to do with the longevity but the different tip design is on their website. Ming Vase is the one I really don't care for.

So when you say the tips, are you referring to the rubber tip/sleeve over the metal tip, the ones that look like thumbs instead of the ming tips? Or are you referring to the metal tips, underneath the rubber exterior?

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Referring to the rubber tip/sleeve.

It has been awhile since I purchased any smileo's, due to all of the problems. How different is the new tip? I always ordered the ming-vase ones to use cuz the ones that came I found to be too big for my delicate mouth :2cool:

I can look and see, I use to have a big pile of the original rubber tips stored away cuz I hate to be wasteful. If I still have them, I can send them to you.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Thanks for the offer. I'm the same way. I'm switching them out as we speak. I really hope they resolve their QA issues. I like the Zeus and don't really want to be forced into another device.

I have 16 of the small smileo tips, and 5 of the large, if you want them.
    A few are just the rubber tip without the metal tip.

emb

ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2010
    San Diego
    The new smileomizer that I started last Thursday is still going strong, it’s doing very well. I haven’t encountered any problems with it. It is clear to me that the initial order I placed had a bad batch/lot of smileomizers and the replacements I got are just fine.

As far as tips: well I am a Ming vase tip person so I have no complaints about the new smileomizers coming with Ming vase tips. I know the old smileomizers came by default with the fat cigar shaped plastic classic tips. Though my last couple orders with the old smileomizers I was receiving Ming vase tips and now the new smileomizers seem to come by default with the cigar shaped classic tips. You can buy the cigar (classic tip) or the ming vase tips and then re-use them, that is what I was doing with the Ming Vase tips when the smileomizers were coming with the classic fat cigar tips.

The metal inside tip of the new smileomizer is almost identical to the old one but the top hole opening is slightly smaller, just slightly.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    The new smileomizer that I started last Thursday is still going strong, it’s doing very well. I haven’t encountered any problems with it. It is clear to me that the initial order I placed had a bad batch/lot of smileomizers and the replacements I got are just fine.

As far as tips: well I am a Ming vase tip person so I have no complaints about the new smileomizers coming with Ming vase tips. I know the old smileomizers came by default with the fat cigar shaped plastic classic tips. Though my last couple orders with the old smileomizers I was receiving Ming vase tips and now the new smileomizers seem to come by default with the cigar shaped classic tips. You can buy the cigar (classic tip) or the ming vase tips and then re-use them, that is what I was doing with the Ming Vase tips when the smileomizers were coming with the classic fat cigar tips.

The metal inside tip of the new smileomizer is almost identical to the old one but the top hole opening is slightly smaller, just slightly.

Thank you for the update and info. I, too, prefer the ming vase tips, so I hope they come with that.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2011
    Under Down Under
    I wrote to customer support back in October because of the unacceptable failure rate on Smileos; for me approx 1 out of 2.5 was a dud, lasting less than 2 days. They very kindly sent me some replacements.

Interestingly, while I was awaiting replacements, I ran out of the bad batch and broke into my emergency supply, which happened to be the original, first release Smileos and encountered zero duds. If the performance of the Smileos can be so different using the same juice batches, I cannot see this as a problem with the juice. If Smileos could go back to the same standard as when they were originally released I'd be very happy.

The new batch I received has been much better. I have encountered a couple that didn't last 3 days, but generally they have been reliable and satisfactory in draw. I'll continue buying them if this continues.

SMILIN

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2008
    CHITOWN USA
    www.vapor4life.com
    I appreciate the feedback. There are several factors at play, and we are looking to see what the best course of action is. There are several design improvements that are improving quality of the product, but obviously not everyone loves some of our changes (the tighter draw). Please continue to let us know and we will continue to work to make the best product we can.
    Thank you.
    Steve

wisegirlz

ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    I received 4 replacement smileomizers and have used 3 of the 4. I cannot report that they are an improvement over the last batch. To reiterate my previous issue: They are fine for 1 use. Then they get too hard to pull. I top it off with 25 drops, try it, hard to pull and/or bad flavor. Repeat the process until the filler appears moist. By then it has flooded the coil and drips ejuice. I let is sit until the leaking stops, clean all the contacts, peer through the center hole. All clear. Then when I try to use it and the cartridge sounds flooded and I can still barely get a drag off it. All batteries have been cleaned and are fully charged when using.

At this point the failure rate (defined by me as single use after which I am just dripping ejuice into a failing smileomizer) is 10 of 10 on the new batch and 3 of 3 on the replacements. I am really disappointed by this since I have been a V4L user for years and I love the Zeus. I have 4 of them as well as a DAV.

I am looking for alternative to the Smileomizer at this point. I will try the tanks but I really do not care for the "look". Since I am relatively new to using tanks, what do you guys recommend? I have used some slim "clearomizers with my EGO battery which are fine but hold only about 1.3ml.

Thanks and wishing you all a Happy New Year ahead! :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread