What happen to the smileomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
Just an update on my smileomizer: I got 9 days out of the new smileomizer from the replacements they sent me. I usually get 7-10days out of the old smileomizer so the 9 days is good. I started another new smileomizer and it is working very well, just like the last one.

To be honest, I am finding the new smileomizers far better than the old ones. They taste better and from the very start they taste real good. I have a bad feeling there is a lot of “bad batches” of the new smileomizers that are out there, perhaps that explains my experience and Wisegirlz’s experience. Perhaps V4L just needs better QC on these smileomizers…

I know when I was wondering what I would do if I had to find a replacement to the smileomizers I started looking around and remembered the 808 threaded Ego mega cartomizers; EGO Mega Cartomizer | Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigs by Vapor4Life and thought I might try those out. They are less expensive (they aren’t supposed to last as long though), they hold about 4 mls, I am assuming they work on the Zeus battery since it is 808 threaded. Just something to keep in mind.

Though the new smileomizers are working out very nicely and I am finding them better than the old smileomizers (assuming you don’t get stuck with a bunch of duds).

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Just an update on my smileomizer: I got 9 days out of the new smileomizer from the replacements they sent me. I usually get 7-10days out of the old smileomizer so the 9 days is good. I started another new smileomizer and it is working very well, just like the last one.

To be honest, I am finding the new smileomizers far better than the old ones. They taste better and from the very start they taste real good. I have a bad feeling there is a lot of “bad batches” of the new smileomizers that are out there, perhaps that explains my experience and Wisegirlz’s experience. Perhaps V4L just needs better QC on these smileomizers…

I know when I was wondering what I would do if I had to find a replacement to the smileomizers I started looking around and remembered the 808 threaded Ego mega cartomizers; EGO Mega Cartomizer | Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigs by Vapor4Life and thought I might try those out. They are less expensive (they aren’t supposed to last as long though), they hold about 4 mls, I am assuming they work on the Zeus battery since it is 808 threaded. Just something to keep in mind.

Though the new smileomizers are working out very nicely and I am finding them better than the old smileomizers (assuming you don’t get stuck with a bunch of duds).

The ego mega-carts are a great suggestion:toast:

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2011
    Under Down Under
    There are several design improvements that are improving quality of the product, but obviously not everyone loves some of our changes (the tighter draw)....

The tighter draw isn't something I noticed particularly, but yeah, now that you mention it, I do prefer the original product.

wisegirlz

ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    Just an update on my smileomizer: I got 9 days out of the new smileomizer from the replacements they sent me. I usually get 7-10 days out of the old smileomizer so the 9 days is good. I started another new smileomizer and it is working very well, just like the last one.

I am so glad they are working out for you! I too found that the old smileomizers lasted on average 7-10 days. I also agree the new ones have a better taste out of the box. I am hopeful that the next batch works out as well for me as they have for you :) .

Thank you for the tip on the EGO Mega Cartomizer | Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigs by Vapor4Life. I use these with my EGO battery. However, the connection on the EGO Cartomizer is recessed and therefore does not fit the Zeus or DAV. It is a good alternative but I believe the Zeus and Smileomizer combo is the finest available for my needs and use. Keeping my fingers crossed the batch forthcoming performs to my expectations.

Than you again for the feedback and tip :) Have a Happy New Year ahead!

JenJen

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 27, 2009
    Sunny Arizona
    Ok good - it isn't just me! The 10 pack of cigar colored smilomizers were all duds - working for from 3 hours, to 1 day, to 3 days then crapping out on me. They used to last me 2 weeks or more and still worked, just started tasting not as good so I would toss them. These go stone cold dead for no reason. So I ordered the new improved ones and those are doing the same thing - has it been resolved? I have wasted so much juice on the 8 that have crapped out on me, so frustrating! They are supposed to be sending replacements, but if it hasn't been resolved... :(

scott58

ECF Veteran
    Aug 23, 2009
    NorthWest Indiana
    This has been a weird issue. I only had the problem using V4L juice. I went to a different juice (70pg30vg) and I haven't had a problem since. I just liked the traditional tobacco alot and had been using it since they came out with it, but ya gotta do what you gotta do. I still have a month or 2 supply of smileomizers and am not looking forward to ordering them again if their inconsistency problem continues.

wisegirlz

ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    I am now on my second batch of "replacements". I am sorry to report that out of the 5 replacement Smileomizers sent I am averaging 2-3 days with one failure out of the box. In addition. I have notice a significant decrease in the amount of time my batteries last before needing recharging. With the old Smileomizers, I was able to go all day without recharging. Now it is about half that time between recharges. I am down to my last "old" Smileomizer since I have been saving it for a rainy day. Its about to rain...

Therefore, on the last order I placed, I ordered only juice and a tank. I really do not wish to waste any more money and juice on an item with this sort of failure rate and short lifespan. To me this is completely unacceptable. I was happy with the product prior to the "improvements". It is sad but I will be looking for an alternative set up. Any advice on cartridges for the 808 batteries?

JenJen

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 27, 2009
    Sunny Arizona
    I am now on my second batch of "replacements". I am sorry to report that out of the 5 replacement Smileomizers sent I am averaging 2-3 days with one failure out of the box. In addition. I have notice a significant decrease in the amount of time my batteries last before needing recharging. With the old Smileomizers, I was able to go all day without recharging. Now it is about half that time between recharges. I am down to my last "old" Smileomizer since I have been saving it for a rainy day. Its about to rain...

Therefore, on the last order I placed, I ordered only juice and a tank. I really do not wish to waste any more money and juice on an item with this sort of failure rate and short lifespan. To me this is completely unacceptable. I was happy with the product prior to the "improvements". It is sad but I will be looking for an alternative set up. Any advice on cartridges for the 808 batteries?

That's what I am afraid of *sighs* I loved the dial-a-volt / Smilomizer combination, but wow! They hold so much juice and and the fail rate is so high, that I am hesitant to even try the replacements. May have to hold up on the smilomizers until they get a grip on what the problem is and fix it. Sad because I freaking loved that set up.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    That's what I am afraid of *sighs* I loved the dial-a-volt / Smilomizer combination, but wow! They hold so much juice and and the fail rate is so high, that I am hesitant to even try the replacements. May have to hold up on the smilomizers until they get a grip on what the problem is and fix it. Sad because I freaking loved that set up.

I'm with JJ, gonna wait until there hasn't been any complaints for a while. Used to love the ease of use of that set-up, but the failure rate was killing me.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA

I like the 3.0 ohm single coil carts for my tanks.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2011
    Under Down Under
    I have to say that the new Smileos I received as replacements have been excellent. Apart from the slightly stiffer draw, I have been very happy with them and they are lasting weeks again (I use 6 in rotation: 3 for day, 3 for evening flavour) so you'd expect them to last a while. For me at least, the problem has been rectified. Just hope the next lot I get will be as good. I promise to check in & let you know.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    I have to say that the new Smileos I received as replacements have been excellent. Apart from the slightly stiffer draw, I have been very happy with them and they are lasting weeks again (I use 6 in rotation: 3 for day, 3 for evening flavour) so you'd expect them to last a while. For me at least, the problem has been rectified. Just hope the next lot I get will be as good. I promise to check in & let you know.

Thanks Katz, keep us updated!

Tazmnaz

Verified Member
    Feb 28, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB
    I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I have to ask -- is V4L still selling Smilemizers at this point? The last time I ordered them I received E-Cigar King cartomizers instead. Besides the logo (which I'm not too fond of), the only difference I could find was a mesh screen on top on the inside.

I just read this thread and have the same e-ciagr logo ones. I ma finding the tight draw and have now had 2 go after just one refill. I would say I tried a ming tip and prefer it as well. I am going to try cleaning thme and see if they come back but hate wasting so much juice as the second refill has been a waste on the ones so far.
    Also noticed that now 2 batteries are not even getting 2 hours use. (Using 1300 batteries and XL smilos)

Last edited:

TriStar

Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2015
    USA
    I just read this thread and have the same e-ciagr logo ones. I ma finding the tight draw and have now had 2 go after just one refill. I would say I tried a ming tip and prefer it as well. I am going to try cleaning thme and see if they come back but hate wasting so much juice as the second refill has been a waste on the ones so far.
    Also noticed that now 2 batteries are not even getting 2 hours use. (Using 1300 batteries and XL smilos)

If the batteries in question are Zeus' / ECK's, and they're less than a year old, I would send an email to support@vapor4life.com. 2-hours of usage is not acceptable on a 1300 mAh battery; shoot them an email to open a support ticket. In all likelihood, they will send you a replacement(s).

As for the cartomizers -- sorry to hear, and I can empathize. It really does suck wasting all that juice (/ cash)...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread