What happened to Members Location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just1Fixxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Ohio
There are a few things being discussed regarding the postbit (the area where your avatar and username are displayed). Personally, I'd like to see post count and location return, but I make no guarantees...

I would like to see those features returned as well.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem odd that usernames are not up on top in the postbit? Photo> Mood> Username.

Judge Dredd

Reviewer / Blogger
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012

Also, is it just me, or does it seem odd that usernames are not up on top in the postbit? Photo> Mood> Username.
It's just you...although if you haven't used a forum with XenForo before, I could understand how it might initially be a bit confusing...here's a tip: look down :p

Just1Fixxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Ohio
It's just you...although if you haven't used a forum with XenForo before, I could understand how it might initially be a bit confusing...here's a tip: look down :p

HaHa, yes, this is my first experience with X.F.

I am an old dog... not too swift with new tricks, lol.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Yeah... Me too.

It's not only odd--it's also poor design. Everybody knows that the reader's eye always goes first to the upper left corner of the page/box/post. That's just basic psychology 101. That's where the most relevant information should be located. What we have now is a picture (or an empty square with a faint ECF logo) that tells us nothing, than a mood (or lack thereof) that gives us irrelevant information, and only then user's handle and title. One has to look for that information instead of getting it right away.

10 Useful Findings About How People View Websites

"Eyetracking and research have studied how people look at websites. Here are 10 useful findings you can use.

1. Top left corner gets the attention first
When users land on your site, their eye path starts from the upper left corner, and moves on from there."

Just1Fixxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Ohio
This refers to the home page, top left corner. Not a forum thread design.

I believe that it refers to reading in general. It was ingrained in all of us right after our ABC's to read and write from left to right/top to bottom.

I don't think these instilled visual patterns break regardless if we are reading a website, new paper, magazine, or forum post.

When reading is involved it is the equivalent of visual jump rope.

Just my $0.02

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
1. Top left corner gets the attention first
When users land on your site, their eye path starts from the upper left corner, and moves on from there."

so does this 'splain the name box that keeps popping up/open everytime I go to a different/next page.?.How do ya turn the thing off.For me, I have to click on my name in this popup box to get it to go away,everytime.Cannot seem to find a way to stop it or an answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread