What happens if shipments get seized by Customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry321

Moved On
Jun 22, 2009
China
www.ecigarettesales.cn
  • Deleted by PTJD
  • Reason: spamming

TheColoradoDude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2009
Well, the reason I am asking this is because I have alot of friends and family that smoke and I want to offer them a good price for their stuff to get off the analogs. I have ordered twice from Healthcabin.net and Amy has been awesome! I never had a problem. But now I am thinking of ordering a decent amount and just wondered if anyone had experience of getting things seized. I don't want to spend 500 bux or more and then all of a sudden be out of luck. If you all have other ideas please PM or email me at glacierjames@aol.com

Thanks,
J

henry321

Moved On
Jun 22, 2009
China
www.ecigarettesales.cn
  • Deleted by PTJD
  • Reason: spamming

rob_x50

Moved On
Mar 16, 2009
  • Deleted by Jim Davis
  • Reason: Rumor

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
  • Deleted by Jim Davis
  • Reason: Irrevlavent

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
  • Deleted by Jim Davis

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
  • Deleted by Jim Davis

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
I have ordered prescription drugs from overseas. I believe I was told at the time that if it was taken by customs, it simply was never released.

I never had any of my packages opened at all, and all arrived safely. But I believe it has to do with how it is marked on the customs form. My medications were marked as health aides, yet still were never opened.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
too true! But at the time I couldn't afford $100+ a month on antidepressants locally.

I know some people aren't willing to order from elsewhere if/when the FDA comes down on everyone, but for me, it's worth the risk. DH and I just had this discussion the other day before I placed my order. And I'm certain that cigarettes someday *will* kill me, and it's just not worth my health.

So, what I'm thinking a lot of this problem right now with the FDA is, is simply the taxing deal. If more people pick up PVs as an alternative, since it appears to be so appealing, the government itself looses out on loads of $ right? Granted, ins companies spend lots of money on smokers, but the government is the one to profit- both from taxes, and from bribes from tobacco companies.

So my thinking, is that it will be FDA approved when either they can show that the majority of smokers wont convert, or when the government figures out a way to tax the beejeebies out of us. And that certainly won't happen while the majority of people sneak stuff in from china.

So I truly am not worried about customs, even though I will make sure to deal with a company who will replace supplies siezed (JIC) and I will make sure I have a good stash, so there is no crisis if they don't arrive when expected.

Does anyone actually know how the packages are marked? Truly, I was supprised that my "health aides" arrived. Maybe it had something to do with the value only being marked at $5 though. What could you possibly have that's important for $5, right.

killdozerd11

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Peoples republic of California
When i did my order i had talked to a friend who is another importer of ecigs he told me to have them shipped in small lots.

I told the agent that i ordered for this and he told me that they had not had any problems and when my order was ready to ship they would do it in one lot as usual

Then i got an email from him saying that the Chinese customs were on the rampage looking for shipments and were advised by the shipping agent to wait until it cooled off

Then they sent another email saying that they would be shipping my order in several small lots as per there shipping agents advice

And that his the way they did my order and none of the packages were opened and they picked up the tab for having to ship it like that

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I didn't order complete kits with this. I mainly ordered attys and a few extra batteries but I was sweating it out.
I plan on doing smaller ones from now on, but I wanted to get this one in before any FDA ban hit.
I'm still praying that it won't but this one makes me feel a lot more prepared for the future.

Last edited:

phee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Colorado
phi303.blogspot.com
i just ordered 50 Joye510 units from china. i also live in colorado. if your shipper is smart, they'll send it in separate parcels marked as cellphone accessories and marked as gifts... customs usually wont even give it a second look. i got my stuff in a week and my friend and i are distributing perfectly fine. good luck, gotta take the risk if you're doing a big order, little orders don't matter at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread