What happens if?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
Agree with your thinking - just goes to show you we will be willing to do most anything to keep from returning to analogs! Just think that with the general public not smoking many other than the vaping community will lose a lot of money. Taxes, hospitals, doctors etc. The smokers help pay all their wages. Just would there be a need for all of this industry if there was a cure for Cancer? Rotten way to look at it but do they all really want to help us?

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
Sorry just thinking out loud. I don't like to get into politics etc but I will never return to the analogs. For 36 yrs I was a prisoner to cigarettes. vaping was the only way I was ever able to quit smoking and thought I would die with a cigarette in my hand. Just hate to see anyone not be able to use vaping to free themselves from cigarettes!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
wellllll - maybe just to cover costs......income tax would rise, so all wage-earners pay for doctors hospitals etc? (that would be me - np)
But a tax solely on people that exhale water vapour rather than cigarette smoke?

It never ceases to amaze me the levels to which govt will go to justify new and imaginative taxes!

anyhow - there is a case to be made for smokers - it's patriotic!
Alf Garnett Smoking - YouTube

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread