What hardware are you using to get the best out of your aroma juice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
That's sometimes the fun of playing around and a chance to dial in on your flavor. A couple years ago, micro coils were the rage. Then larger coils and now I see a return to micro coils in some arenas. (This is all subjective and I may be full of ......). Sometimes the diameter of the coil has to be small to fit in tiny places (so then you add more coils).

I've been building my .... of lately trying to dial in the flavor on the Odin I picked up. Huge vapor but so-so flavor. I went up and down the diameter scale, placement of coil to airhole and have come to the conclusion that this atty is not for me. It's probably because of the size of the atty. (Holds a lot), but with size flavor drops. I'm too much of a flavor lover (hence I shop Aroma)! Clouds are fun but taste is funner

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
www.guttermouthelectronics.com
I'm not sure why I was thinking about it but was wondering if there is an advantage or disadvantage when it comes to coil size. I have the three kuro coilers but have found that I've only been using the 2mm one. I also have the 2.5 and 3mm and was wondering if there is an advantage to a bigger coil.

depending on how hot you are running things,and the pg/vg mix, the diameter of the coil can also effect how things wick. with 100% vg, i find that going slightly larger on the coil can keep things moving and give a bit more juice when you up the power as well as spreading out the heat.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Tn
That's sometimes the fun of playing around and a chance to dial in on your flavor. A couple years ago, micro coils were the rage. Then larger coils and now I see a return to micro coils in some arenas. (This is all subjective and I may be full of ......). Sometimes the diameter of the coil has to be small to fit in tiny places (so then you add more coils).

I've been building my .... of lately trying to dial in the flavor on the Odin I picked up. Huge vapor but so-so flavor. I went up and down the diameter scale, placement of coil to airhole and have come to the conclusion that this atty is not for me. It's probably because of the size of the atty. (Holds a lot), but with size flavor drops. I'm too much of a flavor lover (hence I shop Aroma)! Clouds are fun but taste is funner��

i've been using a pair of magmas here lately (also just got a goblin) and they have the best flavor to vapor ratio of anything i've used up untill now.the 510 connector is a bit of a drag but other than that, they've been great.
you might looking into picking up on of the magma clones and give it a whirl - you can run single or dual coils and the hold a ton of juice.

that goblin.. holy crap is that thing awesome. pain in the .... to build but the flavor out of them is fantastic, they don't leak and they are more than capable of putting out the clouds.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't had any wicking issues with the 2mm coils but everything I'm using is usually 70/30 vg/pg or higher on the pg.

On a different note, one of our customers that comes in is a vaper and I've talked with him about it when he first started. Now every time he gets new gear, he stops in to see me. He picked up an ego one battery with a kanger subtank mini at a B&M and came in to show me. He overpaid a little but not too bad. We were talking and he seriously tried to tell me that pg is antifreeze and that he won't use anything but all vg liquids. I didn't bother to tell him that most flavorings are pg based. I didn't feel like arguing with him so let him go on his way.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    I haven't had any wicking issues with the 2mm coils but everything I'm using is usually 70/30 vg/pg or higher on the pg.

On a different note, one of our customers that comes in is a vaper and I've talked with him about it when he first started. Now every time he gets new gear, he stops in to see me. He picked up an ego one battery with a kanger subtank mini at a B&M and came in to show me. He overpaid a little but not too bad. We were talking and he seriously tried to tell me that pg is antifreeze and that he won't use anything but all vg liquids. I didn't bother to tell him that most flavorings are pg based. I didn't feel like arguing with him so let him go on his way.
    To my understanding, PG is USED IN anti-freeze, (which is a little different) as well as a ton of everyday products including cosmetics, etc. Lots of people have allergies and it can dry one out. Gutter can speak more on that for sure.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    i've been using a pair of magmas here lately (also just got a goblin) and they have the best flavor to vapor ratio of anything i've used up untill now.the 510 connector is a bit of a drag but other than that, they've been great.
    you might looking into picking up on of the magma clones and give it a whirl - you can run single or dual coils and the hold a ton of juice.

that goblin.. holy crap is that thing awesome. pain in the .... to build but the flavor out of them is fantastic, they don't leak and they are more than capable of putting out the clouds.

Might give them a try.... I've come to the conclusion that for me, the smaller diameter chambers of the Reomizer 2 and Igo (bottom fed) are the way to go for my Reos and a small Igo dripper for ocassions dripping of new flavors..That said, I do like trying new things and I really wanted to get a U.S. Made Dripper for my herd. Recently my beloved Mini Reo is at the "spa" getting an up-grade. Once she's back, my wonderlustl will be satiated. Bought a Reomizer3 to go with it and it has a small chamber. Love me some Reo & BlackClove!

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn

seems like bigger coils and in turn bigger wicks seem to work a bit better with thicker juices as it seems to give you more of a reservoir and keep things from drying out completely.i've been overwicking my coils a bit lately and it does seem to help avoid the whole "drying out too fast - oh my god, cotton!" situation.

im sort of torn on the pg situation. there's lots of things that are generally recognized as safe that probably aren't good to go dumping down the hatch or into your lungs but, at this point pg is in sooo many things that avoiding it all together is pretty much impossible. it's also in cigarettes (albeit not in the doses most vapers are taking it in at) so smoking,snussing or vaping, you're getting it any way you go about it.
    with his mentality though, he should probably quit drinking water because it has arsenic in it.and everyone knows arsenic is bad news.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I might try a 2.5 coil next time just to see if I notice any difference. My work load has been insane lately. I'm not really seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. It gets a little frustrating sometimes seeing my coworkers sitting around twiddling thumbs sometimes but I try to not let it bother me. I let one of the guys help check in some rental equipment once and he screwed it up so I'm better off doing it myself.

Guttermouth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Tn
    I might try a 2.5 coil next time just to see if I notice any difference. My work load has been insane lately. I'm not really seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. It gets a little frustrating sometimes seeing my coworkers sitting around twiddling thumbs sometimes but I try to not let it bother me. I let one of the guys help check in some rental equipment once and he screwed it up so I'm better off doing it myself.

to be honest, unless i'm using really low resistance (i.e. short) coils in a dripper, the diameter differences are almost imperceptible.it seems like in anything where the tails are sitting in an essentially endless supply of juice like a tank or whatnot, that the constant feeding of the wick negates a lot of the downsides of potentially sub optimum coil size.the long and short of it, in the kayfuns, i couldn't tell a difference in coil diameter with everything else being equal unless the juice viscosity was just insanely high.

I'm sorry to hear about the work thing - you know as good as i do if you want something screwed up, you gotta screw it up yourself :)

work has been pretty slack thus far this spring. i've been staying on top of it and working on the shop and trying to get this pup whipped into shape when i'm not soldering.down stays out in the world are just killing her... her attention span has not scaled correctly with her body size.it's like working with lennie at this point....

Snowman.jpg

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Does anyone know where to get extra screws for the kayfun lite plus v2? I know it's just a matter of time before I lose one.

Yeah Hitt. I've seen them on Fat Daddy Vapes (down the first pg. "Kayfun Lite Plus parts."). I nabbed some extra parts and included it in the order I placed with Cloud 9 in England. Haven't lost any screws but the extra orings have come in handy.

Good thinking!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got extra orings with my kfl kits but no screws. I was on my hands and knees looking for a refill screw the other day and checked the boxes the kfl's came in and no screws. I noticed that one of the kfl has an oring on the refill screw and one does not. Neither seems to leak so I'm not too worried about it..

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah Hitt. I've seen them on Fat Daddy Vapes (down the first pg. "Kayfun Lite Plus parts."). I nabbed some extra parts and included it in the order I placed with Cloud 9 in England. Haven't lost any screws but the extra orings have come in handy.

Good thinking!

I saw the kit on fat daddy but I don't need the tools and orings. For 8.99 I could probably get a whole box of refill screws but I just don't know what size they are for sure. I think they are 2.5mm but I'm not sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread