What hardware are you using to get the best out of your aroma juice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I've started having flooding problems with one of my kfl+. Does that mean I need to rewick? I've only run a tank or two with the current one.
Contrary to most people, I found the kayfun (any variety I tried) to be leaky pains in the ..... Some tried to tell me it was User Error. Perhaps so.
All I can say is I like my equipment to cater to me, not the other way around.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
you might want to try a re-wick Hitt. If that isn't helpful, perhaps adjust the airflow grub. That topic was discussed a lot in the Kayfun Lite part 2 thread and a few were comparing it to the "straw" (vacuum) phenomena. Darned if I could find it for you though (or remember it either). Always try the simplest measure first.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I actually thought of that and opened up the airflow a little. It seems to have taken care of the problem. Thanks for the help. The VG I'm using for my DIY is pretty thin for VG. I've had no issues with the redtail liquid.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've gotten quite used to the kfl+ attys. I don't go thru a ton of liquid so I don't usually have to rewick very often unless I'm changing flavors. It would be nice to be able to rewick without emptying the tank but it's been a solid device for me and I like having the airflow control on the bottom.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Sorry Hiit, I don't. Some months back, I was researching the Vapor Flask but that kind of fizzled. I've been all about the Reo & my search for another mod ceased. I have 3 now, one for each favorite flavor. I keep a KFL & WorkHorse in my day bag in the event I need a back-up. Haven't needed one though.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got another kfl lite plus v2 and am having a problem filling it. I had just put in a new coil and wick and had the one I was having problems with fixed so I ordered another one. For some unknown reason the liquid doesn't want to go thru the fill hole. I drop a couple drops into the hole and it just sits there. I've tried opening and closing the airflow screw but it makes no difference. I did notice on this new one that the center post screw looks bigger and the drip tip has a smaller hole. I'm almost to the point of scrapping this one. I wonder if I just got a bad one. The other two are working fine now.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    I got another kfl lite plus v2 and am having a problem filling it. I had just put in a new coil and wick and had the one I was having problems with fixed so I ordered another one. For some unknown reason the liquid doesn't want to go thru the fill hole. I drop a couple drops into the hole and it just sits there. I've tried opening and closing the airflow screw but it makes no difference. I did notice on this new one that the center post screw looks bigger and the drip tip has a smaller hole. I'm almost to the point of scrapping this one. I wonder if I just got a bad one. The other two are working fine now.
    Wish I could help. Haven't had this issue. I'm assuming you are using a blunt tip needle bottles to fill? If it doesn't get sorted, maybe check the Kayfun Lite Plus 2 thread.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Thanks robin. This latest one is definitely from a different manufacturer than the other two I have. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on an original one. I contacted the seller to see if they'll do anything about it. If not, I'm not out much. I can always keep it for spare parts.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got a meaningless answer from the seller. I don't think they are gonna do anything. That's fine. I cleaned it out again last night and got it working. I think that maybe something was stuck in the fill hole. Now this morning the one that was leaking before leaked again. I think the problem is the liquid that I'm using in it. I have orange punch in an identical unit and have no problems. I've been running a diy liquid in it that is fairly thin so I'm going to try something else in it and see how it works.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Sometimes I found that inspecting the orings might also help with the leaking. The only time I had leaking was when I dropped my mod and the threads on the KFL got mixed up (for lack of better terminology). I untightened, inspected, re-tightened (just snug. Not wrenched) and all was good until I dropped it again:(.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Robin, I'm not sure why but I figured out on the one with flooding/leaking problems that if I let it stand up instead of laying my pv over on its side that it doesn't leak. The other two never leak. I would think it's an oring problem but it doesn't make sense.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Robin, I found a super deal on one of the zna clones and grabbed it. It is a heavy mod in 18650 mode.

10899bfcb0ebb30ef1778b69816091a5.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread