Status
Not open for further replies.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I'm not surprised at all. If you look at his post count you can tell that the OP doesn't frequent the message board. If you don't spend a lot of time here there's bound to be a ton of things that are unknown. We are enthusiasts and want to stay up to date on all things gaping. Most people just want something that works.

I guess to me vaping and ECF are one in the same so I forget sometimes that there are folks out there that have a life and that life doesn't include day-to-day ECFing. My apologies to the OP.

RHP

gr1llmeacheese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Aurora, IL, USA
Thrasher is talking about direct dripping onto an atomizer. That was all there was available at the time.

9115129-large.jpg

Well, there were cartridges back then that just "fit" onto atomizers but ECF rules keep me from telling you how I REALLY feel about those.

gr1llmeacheese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Aurora, IL, USA
Being new and dumb to vaping I've wondered how can I try new juices without cleaning and filling the tank every time. Great thread. Thank you all. Now back to the dumb part. What drip tip will work on my Evod?

If you mean Evod battery any 510 atty will work. I recommend the ones from Kidneypuncher.com as they are decently inexpensive and also good. If you decide to step up to dripping as your main thing I hear the HH357 (cisco spec) atomizers are great but a bit pricey.

The drip tip itself is just a mouthpiece that plugs into the atomizer(which I just noticed I abbreviated to atty earlier in the post, sorry.)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Here's a picture that'll show you what dripping looks like. The blue thing on the end of this picture is a form of drip tip set over an atomizer, and you drip the liquid directly into the atomizer without removing the drip tip. It looks a little different than other atomizers but it's the same concept:

http://www.vapebig.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/306andDripTIP.jpg

This pic/diagram was a great way to explain this. I also had no idea what peeps meant by "dripping" to taste flavors better/see if they liked a particular flavor. Thx for the info!

I can see trying out new flavors this way w/out filling a tank BUT I would think the taste would be different from dripping (maybe stronger, better or worse) than using a tank. Is this the case?

It also seems like a huge pain in the neck having to constantly drip juice versus just filling a tank then vaping. Maybe I'm just too lazy to do this method. :lol:

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
This pic/diagram was a great way to explain this. I also had no idea what peeps meant by "dripping" to taste flavors better/see if they liked a particular flavor. Thx for the info!

I can see trying out new flavors this way w/out filling a tank BUT I would think the taste would be different from dripping (maybe stronger, better or worse) than using a tank. Is this the case?

It also seems like a huge pain in the neck having to constantly drip juice versus just filling a tank then vaping. Maybe I'm just too lazy to do this method. :lol:

I KNOW I'm too lazy. And yes, from what I hear, it will probably taste better. That would probably spoil you and you may not like your liquids from any tank device forever after. I'm not dripping either ;)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
They still sell cartridges with an eGo kit. At least they did a year ago. That was my first kit. I used them for a month and was still smoking. Once I got my Nova, I was done with cigs. Much better set-up. :)

I didn't have a problem with them, I just wanted something that held more liquid.

numba1quiter

Jan 7, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm just suprised the OP managed to vape 8 months with a T2 and no idea what a drip tip is?

OP here. Like I said in my previous post, there are people who work in vape shops for a living who don't know what a drip tip is. I know somebody who owns a juice company who doesn't know what a drip tip is. I know many people who have vaped for far longer than myself who don't know what a drip tip is.

It is easy to lose perspective when you become passionate about something. Firstly, you end up thinking what you know to be common knowledge when in fact you have a very unique perspective on things. Secondly, you begin to perceive counter-intuitive concepts that you have become intimately familiar with to be straight forward, and it becomes difficult to explain them to people who don't have the same frame of reference as you do. This happens to professors all the time. They get so used to dealing with specific complex ideas that they essentially lose the ability to discuss them with somebody who doesn't deal with them all day long.

Personally, vaping was just a way to quit smoking. I haven't had a cigarette for 8 months now. I've cut my nicotine down from 24mg juices to 0. Mission accomplished. This isn't a passion of my life and in fact the only reason that I asked about a drip tip was due to shear curiosity. I'm not planning on trying drip vaping; if anything this was just a history lesson.

numba1quiter

Jan 7, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm not surprised at all. If you look at his post count you can tell that the OP doesn't frequent the message board.

And on top of that, most of my time on ECF has been on Electronic Cigarette News->Media and General News alerting people to bad news articles filled with phony science demonizing e-cigs. I'm woefully ignorant of all the e-cig gear out there, and I don't think that' s a problem. I have what I have and it works. It never crosses my mind to get anything else and I really have no desire to. There's a point of diminishing returns when it comes to further investment in vaping. Enthusiasts might really really enjoy vaping with the latest greatest thing. For myself, it's just money that I could have spent somewhere else.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Personally, vaping was just a way to quit smoking. I haven't had a cigarette for 8 months now. I've cut my nicotine down from 24mg juices to 0. Mission accomplished. This isn't a passion of my life and in fact the only reason that I asked about a drip tip was due to shear curiosity. I'm not planning on trying drip vaping; if anything this was just a history lesson.

Envy you, then again I don't know you (as in how heavy your smoking habit was) but maybe you could document (new thread) this taper you accomplished. I know it's all anecdotal but maybe it'll help some folks out there who have similar history as you. In anycase, sorry for hijacking your thread. And a BIG congrats is in order.

FYI, I was 2-3 packs a day for like 22 years give or take. I'm 11-months in, and can't go under 24mg without nic fits. Currently vaping 30mg. Look, I'd rather not have any crutches in life but at this stage in the game, it's about damage control.

RHP

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
So if I pull the stuffing out of a cartomizer, I can just drip a few drops of liquid in there (avoiding the center hole), put a drip tip on to avoid splattering my mouth, and vape it? Liquid won't run out of the bottom into my battery if there's no stuffing in there?

If it's that simple, why are special "dripping atomizers" available? They seem to cost much more than a cartomizer.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So if I pull the stuffing out of a cartomizer, I can just drip a few drops of liquid in there (avoiding the center hole), put a drip tip on to avoid splattering my mouth, and vape it? Liquid won't run out of the bottom into my battery if there's no stuffing in there?

If it's that simple, why are special "dripping atomizers" available? They seem to cost much more than a cartomizer.

The heating coil and two wires (+ & -) are in the filler or batting. It would be near impossible to remove the filler without damaging the fragile electrical parts of the cartomizer. Additionally, there's a "sock" that surrounds the heating coil separating the filler from the coil that would be difficult to remove.

Above is an image of a naked carto, with metal tube, filler, and sock removed. Beside it is the inside of a drip atomizer.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa

You can't just pull the polyfil out of a cartomizer and turn it into an atomizer. A cartomizer will hold more drops than an atomizer because of the polyfil, the stuff they were talking about earlier were the oldschool atty/cartridge combos.

I just think of a drip tip like a mouthpiece nowadays. Shorter it is, the closer you are to the heating element so the warmer the vape may be. I like longer ones, gives me a cooler vape and less odds I get juice in my mouth.

Try a short or mini cartomizer, see how you like it. I always have some laying around. Same size as an atty, so holds less juice but doesn't take as long to prime, plus inexpensive. The cost of holding more juice is that you never get the taste out of ere if you swap juices, like going from a NET to a citrus flavor. Where as a atty, you just rinse it, blow it out, and you're good to go with little to no flavor mixing.

ETA: Dang, Baditude beat me to it again. Hey weren't ya supposed to take a break, like to sleep or something? :)

RHP

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It depends on which cartomizer. I've read some 808 users who remove the filler and use the carto to drip. Maybe it's just horizontal coils cartos? I'm not sure.

But, most cartos would be destroyed if you pulled out the filler. If you want to try it, it might be a good idea to ask around for people who do it and know which cartos it works with. Like I said, I've only heard of it from 808 users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread