U.S.
11368195.jpg

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Electronic cigarettes are also called personal vapor devices. They vaporize a liquid that usually contains nicotine.
They can help you quit smoking since they can provide nicotine without smoke.

Read some of the posts in the New Member's section here, that will give you a better idea of what they are.

7 years smoke free thanks to vaping (using e-cigarettes.)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Five years smoke free here!

I was a 35 year cigarette smoker. Tried the nicotine gum/lozenges/patches numerous times without any success over the years. Tried a disposable e-cigarette out of curiosity; wasn't that great but I could tell the concept would hold a lot of promise. I got online and did a lot of research (including this website).

Within a week of doing both smoking and vaping, I was able to wean myself away from the smokes entirely. In hindsight, I would strongly suggest that you avoid the cigarette-looking "cigalikes" and go with either an eGo battery setup or what's called a "mod". You'll thank me later. ;)

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper.
Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.
You can find some other helpful articles in my blog; see the link below in my sig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread