what is flavor of ry4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I quite like it and that surprised me as Im a huge fan of sweet non tobacco vapes usually lol
There is a sweet undertone to it - maybe thats why I quite it? Its also described as 'nutty' though the ones Ive tried I didnt get nutty in there. It didn't scream tobacco at me either, but the only other 'tobacco' flavor I liked so far was DIYFlavorshacks Shack555 which tasted a bit cake-like (like cake mix before its cooked, if you know what i mean).
I do tend to go overboard with my sweet vaping though (vaping tv butter rum until Im swimmy headed..yeah...overboard..lol) so the RY4 is a bit of a nice break.

rfphill

Jan 20, 2010
Iowa
My first eCig was the eGo from Janty and with it I got RY-4 carts. I ordered a bottle 10mg RY-2 as well. I found myself gravitating towards the less sweet -2 and think it became the benchmark for flavor for me starting off. I didn't really want sweetness...

Now, as time goes on, I find myself wanting sweetness and I'm drifting towards the stronger -4.

What strikes me in my reading on this forum is that many of us want a replacement for our tobacco flavors when we first start out and then start drifting towards the exotic and sweet...

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Most everyone is ...

(color me confused) :confused:

Just in case I was the confusing one, let me rephrase. I think RY4 tastes like cotton candy.

Jan

lol.....It is so amazing how subjective our tastes are. I first thought of a caramel, toffee like flavor with a dash of something peppery. I can see how cotton candy would work, too. The mind and taste buds are amazing things.:)

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
lol.....It is so amazing how subjective our tastes are. I first thought of a caramel, toffee like flavor with a dash of something peppery. I can see how cotton candy would work, too. The mind and taste buds are amazing things.:)

RY4 was one of those flavors that I ordered when I made my first hardware order. I'd heard it described as caramel/vanilla ... which planted that for my mind to access when I actually tasted it. But then a friend tried it, and the smell of the vapor hit me just as she said she thought it tasted like cotton candy. I did a big 'ole Doh ... yep, that's exactly what it tastes like.

Senses are sooo subjective, aren't they?

Jan ;)

Edit to include: I attribute that peppery taste to nicotine.

Last edited:

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
[ No such thing as RY1, 2, or 3 though.
My best,
-VP

I've seen them somewhere but I don't remember which site it was. Basically, from what I've gathered, Ruyan (the original e cig company-I believe this is also heaven-gifts.com) had cartridges and apparently they had 4 different styles. Ruyan 4 was the most popular kind and Ruyan stopped making cartridges so everyone tried to duplicate the flavor ( I could be wrong about this, this is just what I've read so I wouldn't take my word as final say on this). I think RY4 has the most caramel undertones of the others. It was gross when I first tried it but now I love it. It's definately a flavor that has to grow on you when you're used to smoking Marlboro or Camel Light analogs.

You can still buy Ruyan carts (my all-time fave flavours). Heaven Gifts is not associated with Ruyan, though they used to be called Ruyan Direct (confusing). And yes, RY1, 2 and 3 are indeed flavours!! The RY flavours take some getting used to, but they are very complex, wonderful flavours indeed. I'm vaping RY1 right now. It's got a sort of nutty/molasses-like taste. Any 555 fan would probably love it. The RY4 is more caramelly, as others have said. My Freedom Smokes has all 4 RY flavours available.

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I hate threads that run amock. I thought we were discussing RY4 :mad:
Um yeah we all ARE - it just has a different flavor from almost ALL the vendors that sell it.
The so-called 'basic' is supposed to be tobacco + caramel + nuts with a hint of vanilla but I have YET to find one that matches that description in full. The ones I have tried have all been nice though, just not 'exactly like that'.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Yeah my bad!

I've been searching high and wide for the recipe, and low and behold everybody talks about it, says what it tastes like etc... nobody is posting (even on the threads titled "recipe") what's in it or an approximation.

I'm sorry I jumped on "cotton candy" I need a fix (tailpipe). CC might be the smell but not the taste. I'm a gourmet cook, If I know the base ingredients I can probably come close and, if ever I do, I WILL post my results (read recipe) and we can then refine it.:)

bhima

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Like a unicorns teardrops.

It's like this film director says.

In all seriousness, if you choose to buy some RY4 make sure you get 18mg or higher. I've tried from many reliable vendors and if you get anything lower than 18mg the flavor just dies. In fact, I can cut my 18mg ry4 (both ry4s purchased from the SAME company) with 50% pure VG and it still has way more flavor than the 11mg batch.

To me, the flavor of RY4 starts off with the hint of tobacco and caramel, then zings you with a citrus hit and finishes with a very mild pine flavor. Its by far still my favorite vape.

Last edited:

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I've just tried these flavors recently and wanted to discuss them, so here goes.

This is from a sampler pack. It contained 'Ruyan' and RY4. Starting with the Ruyan, it does have a nutty, smoky taste with a hint of caramel sweetness. Not bad. The RY4 at first tasted almost exactly the same, but now I'm getting a lot more of the sweetness and less of the nutty smoky taste (but it's still there). From what I gather, this 'Ruyan' is the original flavor, RY1.

Last edited:

LostInDaJungle

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
For me RY4 (Dekang) tastes like carmel and vanilla. However, I have tried several different RY4 recipes and no two are the same. Joye is harsher, more tobacco flavor, Dekang is fairly sweet, and some of the US made is VERY sweet.

My "main" vape is 2 drops chocolate with 1 drop of cappucino. I mix it up in a 10ml bottle and add 12 drops of vanilla when I reach the top. (So ~1/8 of a drop of vanilla.)

However, I also switch in the RY4 on occasion. I find if I keep vaping the same flavor all day, I stop tasting it. Much like I never really "tasted" a Camel Filter until I smoked someone else's cigs and noticed the difference.

For a robust tobacco flavor, I like French Pipe. (I switched to smoking a pipe a few years ago) My pipe tobacco was usually a Vanilla-Raspberry blend. So I take french pipe and add some vanilla and blackberry/blueberry flavor to it. Nice after a heavily flavored dinner. (Who can still taste RY4 after a nice goat curry?)

RY4 also makes a very nice "base" to add other flavors to. Some of the fruit flavors taste manky to me at full strength, so I mix them half-and-half with RY4.

IMHO, RY4 is an idea now... A tobacco flavor with carmel and vanilla. The actual execution of that idea is different for every juice maker. Your taste buds may vary, but when you read RY4, the maker is shooting for a tobacco flavor with carmel and vanilla.

Dawna

Apr 3, 2010
Ohio
Yes! My dad got some ry4, so I cleaned out the banana flavor I had on my atty and filled my cart. Yesterday was a tobacco craving day, and it totally satisfied. It was a mild mild tobacco flavor with a touch of vanilla. Kind of sweet like the little cigars, but not overly rich with flavor. It also seemed to last forever. That one cart(510 cart) lasted me nearly 4 hours, which is about 4 times longer than my food flavored carts last. It was just more "satisfying" than the food flavors that I want to eat but don't seem to give me the "fix".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread