What is going on with all these Box Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I felt kinda odd about them too, but it intrigued me how short they are, compared to tube mods. I started with a really small one, an iStick30 -- and loved it immediately. Since then, I've bought another iStick30, and 3 CoolFire IVs, because even though the coolfires are a little bigger and a good bit heavier, they fit my hand so perfectly! They're by far my most favorite mod ever, topped with an Achilles RDA.

My sigelei Zmax now fills in for maintenance duty -- dry-burning coils, measuring ohms, all the little chores I need a mod for. It's still a great mod, and would certainly be excellent backup if all my boxes died or had dead batteries -- though at 2000ish mAh, they last a while! -- but I just love the way the boxes feel, and for 2 of my CF4s, the way they look: (this is the whole box mod family, but you'll see which 2 CFs I mean)

View attachment 497707

Andria

I like my istick40tc.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I would care more for them if the atties fit inside the box. Even 18650 tube mods are too big for my liking.

You mean like this:

ms-spheroid_01-500x500.jpg

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
You mean like this:

I have a clone of one of those. Actually, I have two as I ordered the Ministick too, but received another Microstick. Due to stock levels and return shipping, etc, it made no sense returning it. So, the second one was free. Unfortunately they both have some threading issues with the few atties I have in that size. Either way, for me that is the form factor that appeal to me the most. Will probably get the xvostick crxess linked. It's just that China seems a bit behind due to holidays, and I don't want to delay my own vacation waiting for gear.

Last edited:

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
Hi all! I am curious to way so many vapors are now using Box Mods. I can't give you any kind of honest reason why I don't care for them. My main reason is I don't like the way they look. I may be all wrong
and missing out on something good.

It appears to me that they will soon out sell even mods.

I am a female and like sleek nice looking e-cigs. Either that or I must be a drag queen.:p
Though a tube mod feels more familiar;) , I simply have better grib on my box mods. I made the switch relatively late though. For a long time my sigelei 20w served me well and before that an evic was my daily vape.
Also haven't found a decent TC tube mod yet.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    IMHO:
    • Battery capacity - a mod can only be so long and still be practical
    • Button placement - going to a 'box' like format opens up more placement options
    • Screen size and placement - we've seen, front, side, bottom and top - unheard of in a tube mod
    • With topper and drip tip box mods don't even remotely look like a vibrator and nipple

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2010
    Just west of Cool, Texas
    mvp 2.0 and defender 36 watt. not sure if the defender qualifies as a box mod it's a bit rounded but does the job definitely not a tube mod though.
    The Cool Fire IV is my favorite to carry around, not completely a box shape but it is considered one. I have preferred boxes to tubes ever since I passed the cigalike stage 5 years ago.

XRaptureX

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2015
    Over 4500 mah.
    Solid brass.
    Hits like a hammer.

Oh I had to comment on this! That thing is bad .... What is it? Where can I buy one? How much? Pffft. Who am I kidding? I don't care how much it costs. I must have it!

Is that Jessica Rabbit on there? Seriously? I've got some serious mod envy going on here.

End of Line.

XRaptureX

ECF Veteran
    Oct 10, 2015

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    All right, I have to ask. I'm tired of basking in my own ignorance. What the heck is a squonker?

Don't we all, sir. Don't we all.

Hahahaha. Nice.

A squonker is a reverse dripper. The atty has a hole through the 510 pin. When the wick starts to dry squeeze the bottle. It pushes juice up into the atty so you dont have to stop and drip all the time.

Reactions: XRaptureX

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    Oh I had to comment on this! That thing is bad .... What is it? Where can I buy one? How much? Pffft. Who am I kidding? I don't care how much it costs. I must have it!

Is that Jessica Rabbit on there? Seriously? I've got some serious mod envy going on here.

End of Line.
    Lol
    It's a brass Cherry Bomber (clone).
    Lol they come in Brass, Copper, and Aluminum.

Reactions: XRaptureX
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread