What is happening to V4L?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambolover808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
Apollo Beach, FL, USA
I went through the process of placing an order today and I swear that it gets more painful every time. I buy in larger quantities so I only need to order once every month or two or three. The ever growing list of my peev's at the present moment include; I no longer receive promo emails (family or otherwise), the mailing list link in the sticky is broken, the coupon code sticky is dead as is the v4l.com forum and the facebook page and the twitter account. The v4l.com website is different and more messy (in my opinion) every time I go there (like some kid with an obsession with squarespace can't leave it alone). I liked V4L. I want to continue liking V4L. Am I watching a death spiral? Cue Mondair to say "Don't worry, their going to get it straightened out", and the latest supplier associate to say "PM me your email and I'll force it through" My last order number was 100720618, you can find my email address there. Please fix this company. I don't want to find a different supplier. Thanks!

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    I feel your pain :( and I'm not sure that Morandir would say that they are gonna get it straightened out, anymore. I think we are watching a death spiral; Rocco and Morandir both predicted it a while back. I hope they are wrong cuz V4L has some juice flavors I can't seem to find anywhere else, and if they go under I hope they give us advance warning so that we can stock up.

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2012
    Philly
    vaporreporter.wordpress.com
    I hear the frustration and wish there was something to say. Steve comes around for a few weeks and spouts off about family and that they care then goes MIA. Reminds me of the friend or family member that shows up sporadically to eat your food, drink your booze, borrows money and then vanishes just as quickly. Enjoy the day!:2cool:

Reactions: Stegle

plantlvr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2009
    Northern California
    So sad, I have been with V4L it seems forever. This used to be such a fun and informative forum, it's just sad now. I am looking into other gear as the Zeus and tank cartos just aren't as good as they used to be. I already have my 'go to' for juice, and am very happy with that choice. Hate the fact that I'm going to have to go to a manual instead of auto and all my 808 gear will probably be replaced with 510. Oh well, such is life, the only thing you can count on it seems is change.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Very true Ms. Plantlvr. V4L has seemingly forgotten what made them so successful in the past- Customer loyalty. A loyalty that was bought with transparency, communication, and a feeling of being family by those who did business with them.

I got banned from their own forum for pointing out the then newly visible cracks in the foundation to them almost a year ago.... The problems could have been fixed a year ago.... Instead they continued down the path and we see where it is now. The people I feel bad for are the customers who have spent their hard earned money to a business that seems to have checked out for lack of a better term..... The vaping world has changed, if you can't be fluid with the times you're doomed to failure....

Reactions: Flavio

poobear

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2010
    IN
    I left V4L long before they could leave me, but still it's just sad as hell to see what has become of the place (and this forum in particular).

So many great people, fun times, great learning back in 2011-2012 . . . .

I miss so many of you!

I'm the same way, I miss all the people that was in here, great times the jokes, don't know where everyone has gone, but would love to see everyone again, if u see anyone tell them I miss them a lot just like morandir he is very smart on this stuff, I just hate starting over on anything, new products yes I can see but just miss all.

bigjr

ECF Veteran
    Apr 6, 2009
    Illinois
    Im still confused I get all my stuff from V4L I haven't had that much trouble sure the smilenizer thing sucked for a while but seems much better now. I got a couple bad Zeus battery's but for the most part they have been rock solid. Im to old and lazy to try to figure out the new crap I use what works for me and am pretty happy. As for Steve being here well geeez If I got my .... handed to me on a daily basis on this social media thing yeah I would quit looking to. Im just going to guess but to me allot of whining poisoned the well for most of us. Course that's just my opinion there's enough negative BS on a daily basis I think this place could be great again but it would have to start with us to make it fun again.

Reactions: oO_Gab727_Oo

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Im still confused I get all my stuff from V4L I haven't had that much trouble sure the smilenizer thing sucked for a while but seems much better now. I got a couple bad Zeus battery's but for the most part they have been rock solid. Im to old and lazy to try to figure out the new crap I use what works for me and am pretty happy. As for Steve being here well geeez If I got my .... handed to me on a daily basis on this social media thing yeah I would quit looking to. Im just going to guess but to me allot of whining poisoned the well for most of us. Course that's just my opinion there's enough negative BS on a daily basis I think this place could be great again but it would have to start with us to make it fun again.

I highly, highly doubt "all that" has anything to do with it. I just checked out the product line and at the high end you have single eGo class battery kits for as much as $85.00. On the low end - disposable cigarettes. And in "less than popular" 808D threading to boot. If the place insists on selling dinosaur technology that even Joyetech is divorcing itself from at this point in a much larger product line with a huge consumer base... the place is putting it's own writing on the wall.

Product development in the e-cig industry rivals the exponential development in the early PC market. If you just sit there only selling minor variations on 5 year old hardware themes you get run over and flattened. Don't be blaming the "us" in this game for V4L's lack of interest in their customers. They may not have all that many to be bothered being interested in them at this point. This sure wouldn't be the first time a supplier on ECF sat still in the marketplace, only to go silent as business dwindled and then simply disappear. One way or the other the business revolves around the customer database. Don't have the business model to attract new customers and then go silent with the existing customers = eventually no customers to speak of at all.

:2c:

madglee

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, blast it, I just came on here to find out about their new V-Kit, and how it compares to the Zeus. I loved the Zeus and smileomizers when they worked, but the performance has been so shoddy that vaping has become more expensive than smoking analogs.

Have you guys found a better vape, overall, than the Zeus? Something about the draw and hit has kept me coming back, despite how ridiculous and expensive that habit has become.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
    I'm not sure if I agree with you. A no-brainer starter kit for the price of a carton of smokes most places isn't overcharging. I probably "overpaid" for my first starter kit, but it worked, it was simple to use, I didn't have to go to a university to learn how to use it. '5 year old' technology' in one person's eyes is still modern - and preferable - in others.

I haven't shopped at V4L for maybe 2-3 years now, but I get regular emails from them, and I appreciate being kept on the mailing list. I just placed an order for some new auto 808d batts and figured I'd try their newfangled cartomizers (when did we start buying cartomizers in ohms anyway?) I think it was 6 bucks/batt and 8 bucks/pack of carts - all on sale. And Gabe gave me a free shipping coupon. (thanks, Gabe!) That's about a month's supply for me. Plug and play works.

Most of the tanks nowadays seem a step backward, fluctuating tank pressure as much a pain with glassos as it was with syringe tankos. I think it's good that there are 400+ brands of post-and-ground rebuildable and blast-proof dripomizers. But after 3 years of catering to the drippers and watt chasers, where's the blastproof attnys? People didn't look beyond the 401/510/808/901 because the atomizers were crap, well, maybe the 510s were, but it was mostly batt life and delivery systems that needed improving. Flashlight mods solved the batt problem but it seems the atomizer turned hard-left and dripping for flavor morphed into cloud chasing. Back to V4L carts - which operate just fine regardless of air pressure and which deliver nicotine first and clouds second. Or did, we'll see how the 'new' ones fare.

Is the markup at the hobby store any less than at an e-cig store? I think the mistake some other stores are making is they are leaving in the dust the tried and true low watt group, and the novice, uneducated, and ever-growing potential user of the middle-aged variety, looking for the plug and play they saw on TV and not looking for an education in physics. Some stores try to outdo each other selling overpowered smoke machines to a very small hobby crowd - a crowd that really has little to do with smoking cessation or harm reduction, imo, and a crowd that for the most part encourage each other not to support forum suppliers but a Chinese website or three. Is 'e-cig store' even an appropriate term for those stores dedicated to the watt-chasing hobbyist? If not, how can their momentary success be compared to those that are e-cig stores and that do maintain their identity?

I don't know too many old folks who want to fog out the tv with two breaths - or fiddle with teensy little coils and teensy little silicon threads and such. Needle nose bottles are already enough of a pain. Give me a battery, give me a cart or two, give me a shiny pcc and I'll call it a satisfied day.

mcol

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 5, 2013
    Missouri
    I left V4L after a short stint with them, over a year ago. Last I knew this forum
    was removed for non payment so I never checked it again. Anyway, I left
    because the quality kept going down, the prices kept going up, and employees
    were leaving quickly. They barely are posting on Facebook and most of the
    time don't answer anyone's questions (not that I've asked any). Lately they've
    been posting big clearance sales so I thought they were selling out inventory.
    I would not hesitate to start looking elsewhere for a supplier at this point.
    No one is manning the fort on any forum they have. Hi everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread