What is happening to V4L?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
If you were a supplier would you want to come on here to listen to all the crap? I wouldn't. I have been with V4L since I started vapeing. I tried several suppliers but couldn't get it All in one plae untill I switched to 808 and V4L. Yes I miss all the great people but as you get past the learning curve and settle in, you just don't need the daily check ins. I just don't see all the problems I guess.
I have seen the fish all swim from one supplier to another, trashing the last one as soon as the new one appears. From New gear to mods to new types of cartos and tanks to pipes and mini cig types. I just stay with what works for me..good luck hunting for what works for you. Stop the trash talk it makes it hard to come in here.:(

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
A lot of the crap that gets talked on here though Ms. Mary Kay is from the utter lack of communication from V4L. The daily check ins were never for the hardware support, but the social. I can't say how many times in the past coming on here or V4L's forum and just chatting with my fellow vapers would give me a second thought to going back to cigarettes..... That's what we're missing.

Last edited:

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
It is interesting that all the major vendors respond to problems with their products that are brought up on the forums. They are appreciative for the feedback and know that fixing it will increase their credibility and sales. This guy just misleads and ignores any input. It's great if that works for you but I've spent too much with this company to put up with it and hoping to prevent any new vapors from going down this road. These are solely my thoughts and opinion on the subject. YMMV (haven't used that acronym in ages) Enjoy the day!:2cool:

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I will continue to share my thoughts when I feel the need, thanks though.
ANY business, especially a smaller business, needs communication and socializing
with the customers to help it flourish.
But maybe my prior thoughts were wrong, I don't know I'm right. Maybe they're
going to come out with a new platform geared to getting it together again. I stay
loyal to about 3 companies, and have been that way for probably 18 months of
my 2 year vaping history. Those companies are friendly, communicate, and have
reliable products that work well for me.
Been a business owner (radio stations, general construction with the other half),
for 30 years now? I think my opinion on a company I did business with is a
credible one.
To each their own. Good luck everyone.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I am wondering if more and more customers are going to local B+M's. and getting their socializing and help there? I have noticed that the few other suppliers I visit on this forum are also getting less traffic and posts. The others I visit do have input from the owners of the business though. I very rarely purchase from V4L anymore. When I think about the price of a Zeus and the price of an IStick and the capabilities of each, the IStick wins. Sorry V4L, just being honest...

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
A lot of the other vendor forums were always dead zones save when new product was released. This place was (key word was) different. Even when V4L didn't put out new product it was busy and all sorts of info was shared (even veiled non-v4l items were discussed). B&M's have hurt it some, but the main thing that killed this forum was a situation that should have never escalated to the point it did (ending with one of the most helpful and talkative people getting banned), then the utter lack of interest of V4L itself to keep this place enticing for anyone to talk. Since BHam sir was banned from getting on here by V4L not ecf, no one from the company filled his shoes. The onus is on V4L. They could have stepped in on issue one, and goes without saying on issue 2....

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Yes they did Ms. Eleanor. He was told by someone higher up he was to stay away from the forums, facebook, etc. He still works for them, but you won't see him here. I was still "with" the company at the time this ban came down which is how I know.... There's a lot I could say due to the fact I was private contractor without a NDA, but out of respect have kept my mouth shut on 99% of it.... Will leave it at that...

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
It really is a shame, as I'm pretty heavily invested into the V4l 'ecosystem' at this point. I have several Vapor Zeus batteries, Smileomizers, even a Variable Voltage Vapor Zeus -- all with 808D threading, of course... :|

After shopping exclusively at V4L for almost a year, I've branched out to far superior e-liquid suppliers (superior in both flavor / quality and pricing). Next step is to find a new source for batteries, as the Vapor Zeus' consistent 5v battery overpowers and scorches / burns many of my new, premium e-liquids (primarily the sweeter / dessert vapes). I now only use my Zeus' for select juices (mainly tobaccos from V4L), and the rest can only be enjoyed out of the VV device -- which is unfortunate, as the VV battery leaves quite a bit to be desired in terms of performance and reliability.

There are more than a few things that irk me about the way V4L chooses to operate their business, and it kinda bums me out considering how highly I've thought of them for so long...

Last edited:

bigjr

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
See this is my point here everyone is talking sure some dislike V4L some of us love them but it was all of us that made the forum. My hard ware works for me it still looks and feels like something I can understand I see people vaping things and devices that are just baffling to me. One more point id like to make since when did our devices have to look like a dam steam engine? I see videos of people thinking its SO cool to fill a whole room with vaper! Guys did the same thing with there diesel engines HAD to make tons of Black smoke to be COOL now epa has regulated diesels so much there junk. If these cool new devices keep this crap up we will all be right back outside with the smokers we left behind! Ok ill put away my soap box now thanks for listening. Oh and enjoyed reading the posts here thanks for the likes to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread