Status
Not open for further replies.

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
I see this term everywhere. Everyone has premium juice. Is it premium ingredients? Mixed in premium equipment with premium man-hands? Does it give my tongue a premium flavor massage?

But seriously... with only 4 ingredients (sometimes 3), how much of a range in quality could there *actually* be in known compounds? Sounds a little bit like hype marketing to me.

Oh hi, I'm new here.

@Kodak has it right. Just DIY. You can make your own premium juice for very little money. I started a few months ago and it is absolutely the way to go. There is a little investment up front, but once you get the hang of it and the recipes you want, you can truly make your own "premium" juice for pennies. Check out the DIY section of the forum for recipes and tips.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Completely agree with DIY. I tried it during my early days of vaping with 'less than stellar' results. After finding some great people here and doing a bit of research I now DIY all of my juice. Some are rather complex, using 6-8 different flavorings... and it costs me about $15 to make a quart sized mason jar full of juice... here, I'll do the math for ya... that's 32 X 30mL bottles. Yeah... that's about $0.47 per bottle... or just under $0.02 per mL

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
I got tired of paying those prices for what some say are premium. Premium in my book is just a title nothing more nothing less. I make my own juice and some of my liquid has 6 flavorings so I guess that is my premium. I will sell you some of my premium juice for 1,999 for 15 ml as it is premium juice after all and I'll even make a fancy label if you want..LOL!!

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
Completely agree with DIY. I tried it during my early days of vaping with 'less than stellar' results. After finding some great people here and doing a bit of research I now DIY all of my juice. Some are rather complex, using 6-8 different flavorings... and it costs me about $15 to make a quart sized mason jar full of juice... here, I'll do the math for ya... that's 32 X 30mL bottles. Yeah... that's about $0.47 per bottle... or just under $0.02 per mL

What is this "math" that you speak of I went to Mississippi public schools? Does this have anything to do with football?

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
I got tired of paying those prices for what some say are premium. Premium in my book is just a title nothing more nothing less. I make my own juice and some of my liquid has 6 flavorings so I guess that is my premium. I will sell you some of my premium juice for 1,999 for 15 ml as it is premium juice after all and I'll even make a fancy label if you want..LOL!!

Okay @Kodak; @ibndevilish; how does one get started doing this. (I am not trying to hijack this conversation.) I think a good lesson or so would be wonderful, such as cost, materials, and apps for help would be wonderful.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Okay @Kodak; @ibndevilish; how does one get started doing this. (I am not trying to hijack this conversation.) I think a good lesson or so would be wonderful, such as cost, materials, and apps for help would be wonderful.

Well for me I just started reading in here about what the basics I would need. Read up on safety and joined some DIY places on Facebook and looked for the right folks to ask questions. It is actually very simple to make your own stuff. Just go under the thread for DIY and you will find a bunch of helpful stuff. I do my shopping at a few trusted places. Look at the recipe page and see if any of those recipes catch your fancy and order the flavorings, pg and vg and nicotine. I only use 60mg nic and dilute it for 3mg. I personally don't feel safe with 100mg nicotine as accidents happen and I have a Olde English bulldogge that can't stay out of my kitchen and I'm affraid of the what if's and then I have my 13 year old gabbing at me so I figure I'm safer with less potent nic. Now the cost is not bad, but that also depends on how many flavorings you want and where you buy everything. I use syringes to measure and you can get those dirt cheap on ebay, tractor trailer supply also has them and are cheap. The only thing I can say is read,read and read everything you can. Google is your best friend for finding recipes also.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
What is this "math" that you speak of I went to Mississippi public schools? Does this have anything to do with football?

LOL! I went to those same schools! And yet, somehow I still managed to get out with the ability to function in everyday society... well, sorta... :D

Reactions: Denvap0r

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.

NudeNicotine is a good site to start at. Gallon of VG for 28 bucks. You can also grab your nicotine from them too. I go with the 48mg/mL, because I don't need a particularly high quantity of nicotine in my e-liquid. You can pick higher if you wanna.

For flavorings there are a lot of choices. TFA and Wizard Labs are popular. There's also Hangsen (I don't like 'em) and a few other popular ones. Flavor West, Capella.. I suggest sticking to the bigger ones/the ones that offer the most comprehensive information on their ingredients.

The DIY section is a wealth of information, but there's also ...................., which is awesome. I just recently learned about it, and they basically have a bible on flavorings/flavors that can be made, and they go out of the way to tell you if a flavoring has diketones in it (I care a lot about that information.)

ETA: ..Uhhh... Apparently that site is not allowed on ECF..? I wonder why, it's a great site. Any mods wanna clarify? Not gonna circumvent the URL block, but uhh if you search "E Liquid Recipes" on Google, it's the first hit.

expressvapor

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 6, 2015
www.expresscrate.com

Holy moly. That's some serious math. So basically I'm paying for knowledge and labor. Maybe not worth $1 per ml, but worth something!

Reactions: Kaezziel

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
NudeNicotine is a good site to start at. Gallon of VG for 28 bucks. You can also grab your nicotine from them too. I go with the 48mg/mL, because I don't need a particularly high quantity of nicotine in my e-liquid. You can pick higher if you wanna.

For flavorings there are a lot of choices. TFA and Wizard Labs are popular. There's also Hangsen (I don't like 'em) and a few other popular ones. Flavor West, Capella.. I suggest sticking to the bigger ones/the ones that offer the most comprehensive information on their ingredients.

The DIY section is a wealth of information, but there's also ...................., which is awesome. I just recently learned about it, and they basically have a bible on flavorings/flavors that can be made, and they go out of the way to tell you if a flavoring has diketones in it (I care a lot about that information.)

ETA: ..Uhhh... Apparently that site is not allowed on ECF..? I wonder why, it's a great site. Any mods wanna clarify? Not gonna circumvent the URL block, but uhh if you search "E Liquid Recipes" on Google, it's the first hit.

I like this site. Thanks for the information.

Denvap0r

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Colorado
DIY is great. My little tidbit of advice is to start simple. Order some flavorings that you know you'll like and some 10ml bottles for small batches. Once you have a recipe you like go for the larger batches. Then go for for the ones that @Kaezziel mixes in mason jars.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Don't mistake:
It takes a dedicated, serious and knowledgeable and experienced flavor chef, or flavorologist to concoct an astounding vape.

While 95% of 'premium juice' is no more than marketing, on the general popularity of either the mixer, or the patronage directed towards said tiny bottle of short lived juice.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Holy moly. That's some serious math. So basically I'm paying for knowledge and labor. Maybe not worth $1 per ml, but worth something!

I dont mind paying for the labor. But I'm interested kaezziel only comes up with .02 cents a ml..Damn I thought mine was cheap with Flavour Art flavoring at $1.70 to $2.00 for 30 ml was cheap, but I guess it depends on what flavoring company you like better. If I made as much juice as Kaezziel made it would cost me $40.00 but that is still cheaper than buying

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I dont mind paying for the labor. But I'm interested kaezziel only comes up with .02 cents a ml..Damn I thought mine was cheap with Flavour Art flavoring at $1.70 to $2.00 for 30 ml was cheap, but I guess it depends on what flavoring company you like better. If I made as much juice as Kaezziel made it would cost me $40.00 but that is still cheaper than buying

Yeah, I save quite a bit by buying in bulk. I buy vg and nic by the gallon, and TFA flavorings in 16oz bottles. I haven't tried Flavour Art or Capella's yet, so I don't know how that cost analysis would come out...

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Yeah, I save quite a bit by buying in bulk. I buy vg and nic by the gallon, and TFA flavorings in 16oz bottles. I haven't tried Flavour Art or Capella's yet, so I don't know how that cost analysis would come out...

Well Flaavour Art is a bit more expensive compared to TFA or flavor West. But the flavors are great and you use way less. I use some of capellas also but still prefer Flavour Art. They are doing all kinds of testing also. So it cost a bit more but I like them. I just ordered Cap yogurt and going to give that a whirl :) As for bulk I don't by gallons as it would take me forever to even use it. And only buy 250 ml bottles of nic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread