Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Even broken Provaris are worth money ... I would buy broken Provaris ... easy to make new again :)

Sent via iPhone
Haha, yeah, I've bought a few that needed some TLC myself, good as new now ;)

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
Haven't been on the forums in ages... Glad to see the provari fights are still going on lol. It's a good mod with good support. They do break, they aren't indestructible and like anything you get the occasional lemon here and there. The good news is they are in the US and can usually be repaired. Provari has went from innovative to bland as time as marched forward. They was one of the early quality VV devices on the market. They really did up the bar early on and what people expected out of a mod. Something changed when we started to get into VW devices. Provari took their sweet time in adopting and adding wattage to the device. Some people accredited this to them wanting to do it "right". Which may have been true, but really everyone expected it sooner. I believe this expectation was set by them coming out with the VV device so early on. So now we have devices that are offering power in the triple digits for wattage and now even temperature control. The Provari is still limited to a max 20w and VV mode. Now as long as you don't plan to go sub-ohm 20w is more than enough power. Once you hit the sub-ohm world the Provari is going to perform poorly compared to much cheaper chinese models. You just can't take full advantage of a sub-ohm build or tank with that power level. Also temperature control is becoming a reality for vapers. Provari doesn't even have a solution for this as of yet. They probably won't for awhile if they take as long as they did with wattage. The Provari is ultimately a boring mod. It's like your grandma's vape. They don't even bother with trying to clone it as they do other mods.

Now if you are looking for a reliable workhorse vape that doesn't require more than 20w of power, want the security of awesome support behind the mod, and lack any interest in temperature control. Then you would be very hard pressed to find another mod that would serve you better. It's just that many of the advantages it did have are fading, and in some sense is falling behind.

I've tried the provari and to me it's just another vape to me. I personally would rather have the ability to have more power and TC for the new stuff coming out and that is already out. All the physics of vaping are the same with it. It's not magic...

Reactions: VaPreis

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
My first ProVari has safely made it to Prague and back 6 times. It has survived being dropped on cobblestones, forgotten in a taxi- the driver is a vaper and brought it back to the hotel when he found it, the rain, TSA, a security swab and inspection at AMS, a fight at a club- took the tank off first, random ladies trying it out, rolls off of bar tops, having a drink spilled on it... I know I can take it, and only it 6992 km away, without a backup and it won't let me down. It always fires, except when I have had 30 beers and I put a battery in backwards. It is antiqued, the paint has worn thin, there is a chip in the top cap and bottom cap, but it still works and works every time...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Haven't been on the forums in ages... Glad to see the provari fights are still going on lol. It's a good mod with good support. They do break, they aren't indestructible and like anything you get the occasional lemon here and there. The good news is they are in the US and can usually be repaired. Provari has went from innovative to bland as time as marched forward. They was one of the early quality VV devices on the market. They really did up the bar early on and what people expected out of a mod. Something changed when we started to get into VW devices. Provari took their sweet time in adopting and adding wattage to the device. Some people accredited this to them wanting to do it "right". Which may have been true, but really everyone expected it sooner. I believe this expectation was set by them coming out with the VV device so early on. So now we have devices that are offering power in the triple digits for wattage and now even temperature control. The Provari is still limited to a max 20w and VV mode. Now as long as you don't plan to go sub-ohm 20w is more than enough power. Once you hit the sub-ohm world the Provari is going to perform poorly compared to much cheaper chinese models. You just can't take full advantage of a sub-ohm build or tank with that power level. Also temperature control is becoming a reality for vapers. Provari doesn't even have a solution for this as of yet. They probably won't for awhile if they take as long as they did with wattage. The Provari is ultimately a boring mod. It's like your grandma's vape. They don't even bother with trying to clone it as they do other mods.

Now if you are looking for a reliable workhorse vape that doesn't require more than 20w of power, want the security of awesome support behind the mod, and lack any interest in temperature control. Then you would be very hard pressed to find another mod that would serve you better. It's just that many of the advantages it did have are fading, and in some sense is falling behind.

I've tried the provari and to me it's just another vape to me. I personally would rather have the ability to have more power and TC for the new stuff coming out and that is already out. All the physics of vaping are the same with it. It's not magic...

Luke, I am your grandma. Now give me back my mod.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
FhSmOA4.gif

Stating opinions is fine, and great, and a big part of the reason we're here.

Attacking other members on their opinions or choices is absolutely not ever even close to being appropriate here. Ever.

This is the only warning. This "mine is better than yours" crap has to stop.

Why do you hate bunnies?

I will admit that this one warrants watching:

Cute Animated GIF

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Trolling
Status
Not open for further replies.