1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

What is the best and easiest way to clean an atomizer?

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Cartridges' started by GSHARQ, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GSHARQ

GSHARQ Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think my atomizer is becoming clogged. It's been increasingly more difficult to take a drag off my e-cig and tonight it was worse than ever. I had to suck really hard just to get the battery to glow at all.

What is the best and most convenient way to clean it? Should I just rinse it in some water? Should I boil it?

2. Zurd

Zurd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Best and easiest way is to throw it in the garbage and take a new one.

I'm quite cheap and I do recycle them as much as I can. I boil them for 1 minute, put in isopropanol alcohol 99% for like 2 hours, boil again for 1 minute, blow them really hard, quick dry burn to make sure they are not wet and good to go.

Unfortunately not all atomizer are made equal, some will perform good for 2 weeks, some for 2 days before I changed them.

3. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

do you have an auto battery set-up ????? you might be getting liquid down into the battery and plugging it up is so

4. FriedLiverAtack

FriedLiverAtack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I got the idea from a youtube video to use a ultra-sonic cleaner ($25). It works quite well I can see all the crude flow right off the atomizer. Nice thing about this method is you only need to use plain water. I use really hot water but I'm not sure even this is necessary.

5. pyro13g

pyro13g Senior Member ECF Veteran

^This. It's a coil that gets hot. A little spritz of distilled water, dry burn, and the crap comes right off. Just like deglazing a pan in the cooking world. Rinse the particulates out and done. I don't bother. I like the caramelized taste that a well used coil offers.

6. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

If I am cleaning after using light to medium flavors, then I simply rinse them thoroughly with very hot water and blow out from the top/suck them out from the bottom (sometimes a blow just isn't enough :p ) ... If I am cleaning after using strong flavors, then I will soak it in alcohol for about an hour, then repeat the above hot water wash and blow. Thus far is works like a charm.

Now this stuff about chuckin atties after two weeks is a no-no for me. I will not chuck an atty until it will not perform even after cleaning, and so far my oldest atty is two months old and still performing great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.