What is the best and easiest way to clean an atomizer?

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Cartridges' started by GSHARQ, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GSHARQ

GSHARQ Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think my atomizer is becoming clogged. It's been increasingly more difficult to take a drag off my e-cig and tonight it was worse than ever. I had to suck really hard just to get the battery to glow at all.

What is the best and most convenient way to clean it? Should I just rinse it in some water? Should I boil it?

2. Zurd

Zurd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Best and easiest way is to throw it in the garbage and take a new one.

I'm quite cheap and I do recycle them as much as I can. I boil them for 1 minute, put in isopropanol alcohol 99% for like 2 hours, boil again for 1 minute, blow them really hard, quick dry burn to make sure they are not wet and good to go.

Unfortunately not all atomizer are made equal, some will perform good for 2 weeks, some for 2 days before I changed them.

3. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

do you have an auto battery set-up ????? you might be getting liquid down into the battery and plugging it up is so

4. FriedLiverAtack

FriedLiverAtack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I got the idea from a youtube video to use a ultra-sonic cleaner ($25). It works quite well I can see all the crude flow right off the atomizer. Nice thing about this method is you only need to use plain water. I use really hot water but I'm not sure even this is necessary.

5. pyro13g

pyro13g Senior Member ECF Veteran

^This. It's a coil that gets hot. A little spritz of distilled water, dry burn, and the crap comes right off. Just like deglazing a pan in the cooking world. Rinse the particulates out and done. I don't bother. I like the caramelized taste that a well used coil offers.

6. Nikkita6

Nikkita6 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

If I am cleaning after using light to medium flavors, then I simply rinse them thoroughly with very hot water and blow out from the top/suck them out from the bottom (sometimes a blow just isn't enough :p ) ... If I am cleaning after using strong flavors, then I will soak it in alcohol for about an hour, then repeat the above hot water wash and blow. Thus far is works like a charm.

Now this stuff about chuckin atties after two weeks is a no-no for me. I will not chuck an atty until it will not perform even after cleaning, and so far my oldest atty is two months old and still performing great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.