What is the best right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptr13

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
I've been vaping forever. I've been happily puffing away on a Provari p3 for a few years now and just learned that Provape threw in the towel. It's a good time to figure out what's next, but I have been completely removed from what's happening in vaping for a while now, so I could use some pointer, thoughts, etc.

I really don't want a thread where I get a hundred personal preferences.

My question is, what is out there, that is generally accepted by the community as "the best". I don't think people really argued that Provaris, at one time, were the cadillac of e-cigs.

I don't sub-ohm. I vape 1.8 ohm @ around 10 watts.
I prefer replaceable 18650 batteries and not built in
Must must must have good safety features built in.

Other than that...I want to hear about it please. Don't even care about price point if it's good.

So, what is everyone pretty much agreeing on as the best, or comparable to Provape, in terms of quality.

Thanks so much.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I don't think there is a clear cut consensus any more, like back in the Provari days.
For your vaping style, maybe hang on to the P3!
The DNA's are Very good boards! All thou they are put into a number of varying quality mods.
Good advise today is to find an American made mod with a DNA chip.
Not as easy as it sounds any more, most every thing is made in China now :(

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I've been vaping forever. I've been happily puffing away on a Provari p3 for a few years now and just learned that Provape threw in the towel.

Thanks so much.
I havent been keeping up much with vaping news, but this about ProVape made my heart hurt.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm kinda in the same position. Dependency, longevity and reliability are big factors for me. I don't care about much else. QC suffers in most mods. Hexohm, Reo's are exceptions. I'd like to stay under a $100 but I'd rather have one never-die mod vs handfuls of figgity, temperamental, frustrating dead ones.

I've got a couple of Sigelei Zmax's still working perfectly 3 yrs now. Hard to find anymore. Budget mods Pico and VTC mini's seem to be holding up but it's not very often folks talk about mods after they've been out for 6 months, even less for a year or more outside of provari.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DoubleDZA

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I have always bought Provari's. my daily vape is my Procyon. Gives me the best of both worlds, that classic Provari tube along with that reliability and safety. Quite a loss to the industry.

I also have the Yihi SX Mini Q Mini. It's a great size, removable dual 18650 batteries, 200 Watts, all metal with great paint job, nice safe solid quality device.
I am also looking at the Dicodes Dani Box. I have been reading and hearing really good things about it, engineered and built with high quality and safety, apparently similar following to the type of following Provari had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I don't think there is a clear cut consensus any more, like back in the Provari days.
For your vaping style, maybe hang on to the P3!
The DNA's are Very good boards! All thou they are put into a number of varying quality mods.
Good advise today is to find an American made mod with a DNA chip.
Not as easy as it sounds any more, most every thing is made in China now :(

+1

Reactions: Steamer861

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I own 12 Provaris and personally love them for my wife and I when we vape at 12-13w. If I was only going to vape at that wattage forever, I would just stick to Provaris. Still available used in the Classifieds or new from many online retailers. They are reliable and durable enough to keep for the future IMO.

I also like some of the higher wattage (150-220w) stuff coming out of China for subohm, but the OP wouldn't need that unless a 2 battery mod was of interest for longer life.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm kinda in the same position. Dependency, longevity and reliability are big factors for me. I don't care about much else. QC suffers in most mods. Hexohm, Reo's are exceptions. I'd like to stay under a $100 but I'd rather have one never-die mod vs handfuls of figgity, temperamental, frustrating dead ones.

I've got a couple of Sigelei Zmax's still working perfectly 3 yrs now. Hard to find anymore. Budget mods Pico and VTC mini's seem to be holding up but it's not very often folks talk about mods after they've been out for 6 months, even less for a year or more outside of provari.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I still love my Picos and EVic VTWO Minis! They are awesome! I highly recommend them. If you want something small and great, you should look at the Lost Vape Epetite DNA60. It's my favorite mod.

Reactions: aikanae1

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Short answer to that question is nothing. There is no best mod. Each person has what they consider the best, but that's all personal opinion.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would partially disagree. There are some objective aspects of a mod that can be considered to make it better if compared to others such as the chipset, safety features, materials, overall quality, etc.

But I do agree that someone can buy a high-end mod, spend lots of money on it, and still don't like the experience he gets from using it, so I do think that personal preferences are to be taken into consideration when buying equipment.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Dicodes has had an excellent reputation for a few years. If I were EU based, I'd have joined that fan base for something to vape along side my ProVape collection. For a higher end device, I simply preferred USA repair, should it be needed.

It seems to me that there have been some huge fan bases for the yihi boards and the evolv DNA boards for the past couple of years. Sometimes the debates are "battles" on which is best. :rolleyes: Much these days is about the "board", the "solid feel", then the design and quality of internal build. I believe all regulate well in the 10 watt range, though not necessarily 7 or lower.

From my limited experience they both perform well, and provide decent vapes and I have no concerns about their quality or built in safety precautions.

The availablity of solid devices is not limited these days and the prices vary greatly. There are other good performing "chips" and "boards" as well, enough that I couldn't begin to recommend.

I'm hoping some others join in who have more experience with the vast amount of mid to higher range devices on the market today.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1

cptr13

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
I havent been keeping up much with vaping news, but this about ProVape made my heart hurt.
Yes, me too. I was shocked. I figured (as everyone did) that the regs, as they stand will to a degree be the death of the industry. However, at this point, I would lay money that the date will be moved up, or removed, and it will be much more feasible to stay in business (though still expensive I'm sure). There's a piece of me that's holding out hope they'll return. However, maybe there's a piece of me that's still holding out hope that Santa is real too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread