What is the best tank system for a vv mod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I agree with my fellow San Antonan I use Smok 4.5 Ohm I get em at https://www.ecigcharleston.com/one-page-checkout.asp 199 shipping and if you order before midnight tonight get 20% off with the code HAPPY
Why 4.5 ohm? because you have a VV device why not use something you can turn the power up on.

Thanks boss!
He may want 2.0-3.00 ohm consider he's getting an itaste mvp I believe and they can only go to 5.0.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
I tried a carto tank for a bit.
I never got the hole size correct and eventually gave up on em.

A couple of months ago I figured I'd try a Vivi Nova. Now they're all I use.
I have 4 of them. One for my all day vape, and two with flavors to change things up. Then another as a spare.

So far after 2 months I have yet to wear out an atomizer head and never had a leak. I just clean them every couple of tanks or when changing flavors.

If you haven't tried one you really should. At <$15 for a tank with 3 atomizer heads, it's kinda hard to beat!

BTW- I've had to reevaluate my opinion on flavors I currently have. They're all cleaner tasting than they were with cartos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
I have been vaping for over three years. For the price and quality nothing beats the new vivi nova's. The flavor is like dripping, they don't leak and the heads last a long time for a cheap price and even cheaper if you rebuild.

Now of course you could spend a boatload of money and possibly convince yourself that it's better.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
And I'm just the opposite! Tried the carto tanks, liked them, but heard all these great things about the Vivi's, ordered one, then ordered another while waiting for the first from China. I can't stand it! It either mutes the flavors or leaves me with a burnt taste! I've got a tobacco/peanut butter blend I love, can't taste the peanut butter at all in it! Loaded another atty in it and tried grape, tasted great at first, then the burnt flavor took over, now it tastes like burnt ....! I've still got one coming that I'm not even going to open, it's going up for sale the day it shows!
But some people just love them! They are simple, they are nice, I really like the design and the concept, it's just not for me.
Best thing I can tell you, get one of each type, try them and see what YOU like! You may agree with the above, you may agree with me, but you don't know! So much about vaping is subjective it's hard to say what is going to work from one person to the next!

xplumberx

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2012
So. Cal
This is a post with repeated info.. one juice may taste great in a carto then you put it in a genesis and it tastes like crap so you put it in a GUS or other rebuildable and its not good either. It is a damn crap shoot IMO... just like wrapping coils.. I just rebuilt my GUS Aiolos for the 50th time using the same wick and 32 awg kanthal (like always) wrapped it a bit looser and my OHM's are 2.8 when normally they are 2.0 or so.. no biggie I just turned my voltage up to 4.8 -5.0 ( I vape warm).. It is all personal taste and preference IMO. Some juices taste better in a ViVi Nova, others do not and taste burnt to me.. I also drip while at home and the same thing happens.. juice I do not normally like taste good and my favorites not so good. Find something that works for you. If you hate replacing cartos in a tank than give a ViVi Nova a try...

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
This is a post with repeated info.. one juice may taste great in a carto then you put it in a genesis and it tastes like crap so you put it in a GUS or other rebuildable and its not good either. It is a damn crap shoot IMO... just like wrapping coils.. I just rebuilt my GUS Aiolos for the 50th time using the same wick and 32 awg kanthal (like always) wrapped it a bit looser and my OHM's are 2.8 when normally they are 2.0 or so.. no biggie I just turned my voltage up to 4.8 -5.0 ( I vape warm).. It is all personal taste and preference IMO. Some juices taste better in a ViVi Nova, others do not and taste burnt to me.. I also drip while at home and the same thing happens.. juice I do not normally like taste good and my favorites not so good. Find something that works for you. If you hate replacing cartos in a tank than give a ViVi Nova a try...

And you and I are on the same page! I'm not saying the Vivi's suck, they just don't work for me!

xplumberx

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2012
So. Cal
ViVi's do get a thumbs up for the beginner.. but filling a carto and a tank is not to hard... For someone just getting their feet wet a ViVi is a great recommendation.. if you are anything like I am you will soon be looking for that DREAM VAPE... big cloud of vapor and great taste.. and when you find that you will search for more of a cloud and better taste... IT NEVER ENDS... But I love this hobby and I plan to keep up the search for that majestic vape! It's out there I just know it! LOL... I will say this.. I have not puffed on hit off a stinky since I started vaping.... but as for the wallet.. it is still suffering..

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The vivi's have been just ok for me. I recommend them occassionally for newbies just because they are easier than a cartotank. Some flavors are fine. In fact I'm vaping some Virgin Vapors Root Beer Float in one now. But there are other flavors that are so muted I can detect no flavor at all.

Keep your eye on the root beer, some of them are tank killers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread