What is the next level after a kayfun? Looking for tank where flavor is the priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey family, been vaping a decade now but still learning everyday. I never quite bought into the sub ohm trend much. Airflow to me decreases the flavor completely. IMO the least airflow the better. Anyways ...

What is a good tank for flavor other than a kayfun. I only have one kayfun that was 20 bucks from fast tech and it's on its last legs. I willing to buy more than one tank but what should I try that is similar to or better than a kayfun? Flavor is most important to me .

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NCCTC

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey family, been vaping a decade now but still learning everyday. I never quite bought into the sub ohm trend much. Airflow to me decreases the flavor completely. IMO the least airflow the better. Anyways ...

What is a good tank for flavor other than a kayfun. I only have one kayfun that was 20 bucks from fast tech and it's on its last legs. I willing to buy more than one tank but what should I try that is similar to or better than a kayfun? Flavor is most important to me .

Thank you

I just recently upgraded to build my own coils so I have been trying out a few tanks too.

The serpent mini is a single easy to build rta with good flavor. Also Augvape's Boreas RTA has hit a home run for me. It a big tank so I am using it on a G-Priv but well worth a shot. The flavor is great and I get huge clouds(tho clouds were unintended).
Boreas RTA by Augvape

:)

Reactions: 57chilicat

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Any of the Taifun family is good. After I got tired of Kayfuns and wanted something different I went the Taifun route. Since the I have been primarily using my Stms, wich probably would not interest you. But I did enjoy the Taifuns for a couple years, have not tried the newer versions as I only got up to the GT2s.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
How does a Kayfun end up on its last legs?? You can buy replacement parts for just everything on it.

That's what my question is too. Other than a cracked center tank section, I can't see any of the other parts of a Kayfun Lite just 'wearing out' ... And all the various parts are available from Fasttech cheap.

BTW ... I have bought a bunch of various RTA's in the past, but keep coming back to the good ol' Kayfun Lite-Plus V2.

3 years now as a mouth to lung vaper ... and, still cigarette free !

Great 'tootle puffer' tank :)

inGxPyG.jpg

Reactions: jwbnyc

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Serpent Mini (with a KF5 airflow constrictor) is probably my favorite currently. I find the wicking to be finicky, but when I get it right, the flavor is right up there with the KF3 Mini, which is the best flavor tank I've tried so far (which excludes the really pricey stuff). The third tank in my current line-up is the Augvape Merlin Mini. Using it with the single-coil deck and the medium airflow constrictor (2mm?) and I get really good flavor with it, too. Super easy to coil and wick, but the top cap / top fill set up is a PITA. I would enthusiastically recommend any of these.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Tanks like the Merlin mini and Serpent mini with their airflow restricted will give you a decent mtl expereine with decent flavor. Also take a look at the Squape series. The Squape R is quite nice in that category if you can find it or a quality clone. The Squape Dream with a single coil deck is also an option, although with greater airflow.

sqonker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2015

Thank you

I don't normally do tanks but I recently received a kabuki tank and I have been very impressed with the flavor. It's a mtl tank.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jingles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread