Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
This isn't really to start a major threat. I just have to make my 5 posts so I can reply and question elsewhere on other threads.
All you have to do is go out an welcome a few new members. Then wait for the servers to update (at :25 past the hour) and you will be free to post elsewhere.

Reactions: Izan

dannyboy42670

Jul 7, 2014
Boston
I agree, however I disagree with some things you said.

Firstly, I agree that there is absolutely no need for getting a new mod every minute. For the longest time I had just the Panzer Mechanical mod (clone) with a Patriot RDA (clone) (Over a year and a half). it vaped great, even though all my friends had Sigeli 100's and the like. Despite the fact of being a totally cloned setup, the vape quality of sublime. :) Then I made the plunge on a Sigelei 100Watt plus, until I lost it.

Then for the summer, picked up the M80 plus, however it only lasted the summer and broke last week, so now I was forced to by the Snow wolf.

There is no need to keep buying new mods while the mods you own perfectly fit your vaping needs, but you are forgetting that vaping has become a hobby for many, and when you think about it, of course the majority of super active users on here that may push for the latest and greatest hardware will be on here BECAUSE they are hobbiest vapers.

So when you see many users ranting and raving about their newest setup, remember that they are most likely in the hobbiest class of vapors.

As far as you and I go buddy, I agree that once we have a satisfying setup, their is no need to jump the gun and waste money on new mods. :)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

With that being said, I am very confused as to how you cannot find a VW/VV device that suites your needs? Even older, reliable mods like the Sigelei 100 or 150 watt offers a sturdy design, 2 day battery life (Wattage and Ohm depending) and an exceptional vape.

What type of vaper are you? I am sure I can find an affordable setup for you that will not break the bank but will not lack the perforance you need. :)

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud
Meh if your happy im happy. I used a lot of egos. Carried a few around for a while. Some lasted a couple of months.....most did not. So it was actually cheaper to get a mod, for me. Ymmv obviously.

Authentic koopor mini 60w temp control....35 bux.

I find it odd you poor mouth about dropping a hundie on a setup when according to you, you spent that every third day on the stinkies.

Oh and a battery should be in the 5-8 federal reserve note range.

Last edited:
Reactions: dannyboy42670

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I agree, however I disagree with some things you said.

Firstly, I agree that there is absolutely no need for getting a new mod every minute. For the longest time I had just the Panzer Mechanical mod (clone) with a Patriot RDA (clone) (Over a year and a half). it vaped great, even though all my friends had Sigeli 100's and the like. Despite the fact of being a totally cloned setup, the vape quality of sublime. :) Then I made the plunge on a Sigelei 100Watt plus, until I lost it.

Then for the summer, picked up the M80 plus, however it only lasted the summer and broke last week, so now I was forced to by the Snow wolf.

There is no need to keep buying new mods while the mods you own perfectly fit your vaping needs, but you are forgetting that vaping has become a hobby for many, and when you think about it, of course the majority of super active users on here that may push for the latest and greatest hardware will be on here BECAUSE they are hobbiest vapers.

So when you see many users ranting and raving about their newest setup, remember that they are most likely in the hobbiest class of vapors.

As far as you and I go buddy, I agree that once we have a satisfying setup, their is no need to jump the gun and waste money on new mods. :)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

With that being said, I am very confused as to how you cannot find a VW/VV device that suites your needs? Even older, reliable mods like the Sigelei 100 or 150 watt offers a sturdy design, 2 day battery life (Wattage and Ohm depending) and an exceptional vape.

What type of vaper are you? I am sure I can find an affordable setup for you that will not break the bank but will not lack the perforance you need. :)

Excellent post brother :)

Reactions: dannyboy42670

smokender

Jul 7, 2015
    Ontario Canada
    Although quitting is a huge deal for most of us, I was under the impression that was indeed a vaping forum. Talking about experiences, equipment, costs etc. Showing off our stuff. Of course there is amazing support here on the personal side, but where else can we go to talk about such matters?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    Well there are many reasons you see the "Upgrade" or "the Next Step Up" comments. Mind you, if you are comfortable with where you are and what you have, here let me buy ya beer, props to you. Most of us have been going along long enough we've just about hit every curb there is out there right now to get to a comfortable spot for ourselves. Myself included, between a beginner setup to more advance blow your socks off units, most times on a simple regulated mod with a tank cruising about in the 7 to 12 watts range most of the day, later in the evening after work 30watts on mech or dual battery box with an RDA, later in the evening back on one of my daily cruisers in the 7 to 8 watts range to just relax until bed after dinner.

This industry is so relative, it boils down to what each individual end user what is required or needed, but...

1) We see so many times new members or new but have been vaping a while and not getting satisfaction from their devices due to manufacturer QC, item availability, or the device is not performing to what that user needs
    2) A lot of these newer devices the past 18months especially are more refined, have a wider range of customizing and output, their flexibility is a big factor of reasoning behind suggestions being given
    3) We see so many posts, "Oh, I got this, been doing this XX amount of months, but wanting more, or I seen my buddy just fog out a room, or WOW my buddy's device has better flavor than mine, what gives man...how can mine do what that is doing..."

There are other things I see as well when looking at these posts, but there in lies the nature of the beast "Shinyitis", we see, we buy, we go wow, see new member asking for advice of upgrading their experience, we share out suggestions.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Well there are many reasons you see the "Upgrade" or "the Next Step Up" comments. Mind you, if you are comfortable with where you are and what you have, here let me buy ya beer, props to you. Most of us have been going along long enough we've just about hit every curb there is out there right now to get to a comfortable spot for ourselves. Myself included, between a beginner setup to more advance blow your socks off units, most times on a simple regulated mod with a tank cruising about in the 7 to 12 watts range most of the day, later in the evening after work 30watts on mech or dual battery box with an RDA, later in the evening back on one of my daily cruisers in the 7 to 8 watts range to just relax until bed after dinner.

This industry is so relative, it boils down to what each individual end user what is required or needed, but...

1) We see so many times new members or new but have been vaping a while and not getting satisfaction from their devices due to manufacturer QC, item availability, or the device is not performing to what that user needs
    2) A lot of these newer devices the past 18months especially are more refined, have a wider range of customizing and output, their flexibility is a big factor of reasoning behind suggestions being given
    3) We see so many posts, "Oh, I got this, been doing this XX amount of months, but wanting more, or I seen my buddy just fog out a room, or WOW my buddy's device has better flavor than mine, what gives man...how can mine do what that is doing..."

There are other things I see as well when looking at these posts, but there in lies the nature of the beast "Shinyitis", we see, we buy, we go wow, see new member asking for advice of upgrading their experience, we share out suggestions.

^^^ Another excellent post

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    For some people, everything is a competition. Who has the coolest mod, who blows the biggest clouds etc. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm happy with my iSticks and Nautilus minis. Have been for quite awhile. I drip on a cheapo Igo S on a homemade passthrough when I'm home. Love the flavor it gives me.

I like buying new stuff but I try to purchase wisely. I see a lot of things that I would like to buy but then ask myself "Do I really need that?". Usually the answer is "No".

I think there are all types here. It's just that the alpha types are more vocal.

stacia719

Aug 21, 2015
    I'm pretty new to vaping but my story might be interesting. I started out with a "high end" Hana Modz that was what, $250 before the V4 came out? That was donated to me by a mod collector, long story and it isn't important. I kinda think he gave it over cause it reads ohms off by a lot sometimes which pushes unnecessary voltage. My first tank was a Nano, then Arctic. A lot of boring details but I didn't know what I was doing. But I QUIT smoking and wasn't going back so I've done a ton of research and watched a bunch of YouTube videos, etc. ONLY to figure out that I was using an outdated (for then tanks i have) DNA 30 and needed to put out 25+ watts, which kills my battery, I got SO frustrated and recently ended up upgrading (technology wise, kinda) to a $35 iStick 50W. I would've been fine with the Hana I started on if not for the sub tanks I have, vaping at 0.5 and wanting better battery life. I've been plugged in at a bar passthrough vaping like 5 too many times. The level of comfort I have now with a battery that'll last all day putting out 30W is perfect. I feel no need to change anything right now.

Except I do want a Freemax Starre pretty bad.

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2012
    East TN
    Heres my view on it. Originally I started out with one of those crappy Lex12 Staple kits and it did me alright for that little bit. Soon after I upgraded to a VV (variable voltage) Spinner V2 and that held me over fine. a guy at work made me a killer deal on a Vamo V5 and a Kecig K100+ and ended up buying those and selling the Spinner. However the Vamo ended up messing up it couldn't be repaired. The day it stopped working I ended up picking up my Eleaf TC40W box (got a bit of a deal on it) from a local vape shop. Needless to say though. The more you put in for your equipment the better off. Me personally the flavor from the Eleaf box I have now is worlds better then the Lex12 I had originally started out with. It is literately a NIGHT & DAY difference.

VCross

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    Yucaipa, California
    Honestly, for my first year of vaping I just stuck with an ego pen and tank kit and I just popped in new coils as needed and never worried about getting something "better" but I always struggled with the cravings even when vaping on 18-24mg. Then I joined the forums and read how getting a more satisfying vape will help kill the urges so I did a bit of research and bought a decent box mod and sub-ohm tank that I thought would suit my needs. Ended up getting exactly what I wanted (an M80+ and a Subtank Mini) and never had a craving afterwords. Then I realized my box mod was too big and bulky to just put in my pocket and carry around all day so I got myself a nice little stealth vape setup so I could vape on the go. Outside of that I don't really have any intention of buying anything expensive, authentic or not but I am curious how the vape is different on a TC mod so I might buy an Istick TC40W for myself to test out later. So as far as being one of those guys who has to have the newest, biggest, bestest mods. I'm not one of those. I'm just looking for something that will keep me off the stinkies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    This isn't really to start a major threat. I just have to make my 5 posts so I can reply and question elsewhere on other threads.

But here is my question. What really is the point in upgrading to the expensive mods? Everyone on the forum and everywhere else keeps throwing around words like "upgrade" and "next step". They act like if you have been vaping for more than 2 months then you HAVE TO upgrade your gear like life is some competition for who has the best mod, or it world like some RPG where you have to keep going to the next better thing or you're just not going to make it. Ok if you are into the competition stuff to see who can puff the biggest cloud. Fine that's what you're into and I can see how you might want to stay on top of what stuff works better for that.

But for me it isn't about being a fanboy of "authentic" equipment, or being some sort of loyal stooge to the local vaping community hanging out in the vapor shop talking about the latest piece of pointless metal that I just dropped 300 bucks on and pretending that it works any better than the one I got a week ago for 275. I got into this because e-juice is cheaper than buying 3 packs of smokes a day at 9 bucks a pack. So I'm certainly not going to spend 300 dollars, 200 dollars or even 100 dollars on something just to puff vapor. I don't even like the idea of spending 40-50. So why does everyone seem to think that if you're not keeping up with what the next guy has then you;re just not a serious vaper. That's like saying that if you're not spending 200 a week on cigarettes then you're not a serious smoker. And if you really want to be serious you need to "upgrade" to fine cogniac dipped hand rolled cuban cigars for 150 dollars a piece. Or maybe get into artisan limited run pipe tobacco for 1500 dollars an ounce and smoke it in a 250,000 dollar anteaque ivory and 24 karat gold pipe.
    Let's get real. If my ego type battery and cheap single coil plastic atomizer satisfies me, then that's my business. I'm getting sick of asking a decent battery that lasts longer than 4 hours on a charge, and having people point me toward a 40-60 dollar box that doesn't support any of my other stuff to go with it, so I'll end up having to get a whole new setup and still pay 100 bucks I can't afford. As for the mods. the only advantage I see is that the battery is removable, so when it fails to hold a charge I just get another battery. But then I still have to buy the expensive charger, and expensive spare batteries. Yes for me 30 bucks for a battery charger and 30 bucks a pop for batteries is way too expensive. I got in this to save money. Not spend the same amount of money on toys to play with. Especially when you have the "authentic" fanboys on one side telling you that if you buy anything but an authentic you will regret it when it breaks in a week. Or that some tiny issue like the button rattling because it doesn't fit as snug is just such a major game ender for buying the cheap knock off. And then on the other side of the equation people saying the clones are just as good if not sometimes better. In the end I don't know who to believe and I don't have thousands of dollars to buy one of everything and compare on my own. Besides that all the vapor shops around here are two categories. Authentic only and you can't get anything less than 100 bucks. And the ejuice cost 15 bucks for the cheapest stuff, and only goes up from there for a little 10ml bottle that will last me about a week.
    Or the generic smoke shop type places that don't sell anything but the clone knockoffs and sure they are less than the authentics but still 2 to 3 times what you can buy it online for. And their ejuice stinks, tastes bad, and still costs anywhere from 7-10 dollars for a 15ml bottle. If I listen to the people online and only buy the most expensive stuff cause it "supports the little guy" then I would be spending more than what I spent on cigarettes.
    I hate to sound self centered but I got into this to help myself. Screw the little guy, and screw supporting america when america won't support itself. 95% of everything we buy here is made in china anyway all the american companies outsource to china. No matter what you do china gets a slice of the pie somehow. The only difference is that instead of directly supporting a chinese company you are supporting a greedy american company that outsorces all it's manufacturing to china so that it can put the markup into it's own pocket and charge you twice as much for the same chinese made stuff.
    As far as this rant goes I have been looking for a variable voltage battery at a reasonable price without buying a clone and I can't do it. I have searched the web and ebay and amazon and everywhere else for weeks and all I am finding are clones. Even the ones claiming to be authentic turn out to be clones when you really look into it. Vision's own website has pictures for what is different from the clone to the original, and then when you click on their own products the pictures show the same white lettering and miss spaced voltage markings. Their own pictures look exactly like the pictures of the clones and don't even look like their picture of what the original should look like on their how to tell the difference page.
    From what I can tell the only differences between the originals and the clones are tiny little nit picky things like what color the letters should be, or this dial marker is a little higher up on the battery. All the reviews I seen of the originals have the same issues as the clones and aren't made any better at all.

Lets stop being fanboys here and talk about what is important. Not smoking death sticks AKA cigarettes, and start giving people encentive to not smoke them. If I knew I would be spending hundreds of dollars just to get a vaping setup I would have just bought a couple cartons of smokes and called it a day. At least with those I don't have to hear a bunch of stuff about "clones vs authentics", and "vaping on the next level" like everyone who's into this just got into it so they could blow the biggest cloud, or brag about how expensive their toys are. I just want a cheaper healthier way to get my nicotine fix. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Are you...........Dennis Leary...........?

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
    All I want are simple glass tanks, with a tight draw, that I can tootle puff any e liquid in without worrying if they're going to melt, and a power source that can safely handle 5 - 12 watts without getting hot or exploding.

Didn't know this made me an elitist. :D

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    All I want are simple glass tanks, with a tight draw, that I can tootle puff any e liquid in without worrying if they're going to melt, and a power source that can safely handle 5 - 12 watts without getting hot or exploding.

Didn't know this made me an elitist. :D
    Hey if we do not follow the crowd we must be elitists.

Reactions: MaxwellPink

Nightly_Paradox

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2012
    East TN
    Outside of that I don't really have any intention of buying anything expensive, authentic or not but I am curious how the vape is different on a TC mod so I might buy an Istick TC40W for myself to test out later. So as far as being one of those guys who has to have the newest, biggest, bestest mods. I'm not one of those. I'm just looking for something that will keep me off the stinkies.

The TC40W is a good device for the money I haven't had any complaints from it at all.

Mine is a silver TC40W with a Nautilus stainless tank and a wide mouth stainless tip

Attachments

• IMG_20150822_103850.jpg
      716.5 KB · Views: 13

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    You know, most everything we buy is disposable. OK, maybe a Provari or Reo will last many years, but all of the internal battery devices will eventually die. Replaceable batteries eventually die. Coils burn out, wicks gunk up, liquid vaporizes, buttons go bad, computer chips fail. This "hobby" is similar to smoking it that regard.

My mantra has always been to keep it simple and keep it cheap. Also, if I can't replace the battery and rebuild the coil, I won't even consider buying it (the FDA is the cause of that).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread