What Is The Realistic Lifespan of a Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magman007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sarasota, FL
I just killed mine. And it was all my fault. I had the v2.5 rattle board issue, from dropping it multiple times through out its lifespan. As a bandaid, I wedged a small piece of cardboard up there to keep the board from rattling. I dropped it this morning and dislodged the cardboard. Reaching up in there with needle nose pliers to re adjust the cardboard I ripped the button out on accident, and apparently ripped one of the wires coverings out. after that point I proceeded to pop off the top cap to see if I could re soldier the wire. I can, but at this point, with the button being ripped out, its going back to provape for some much needed love.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
The economic lifespan is probably dictated by the life of the board. That board costs $75 (including return shipping) to replace, where a new P2.5 blem can be had for $89 in many styles. So a board replacement is not really economical, especially on an older unit that might have other wear issues? Unless the tube was special or unusual and hard to replace, possibly at the blem price or whatever.

Reactions: jwbnyc

magman007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Thats a very good point. I am still going to send it in for the board replacement, and they have agreed to do a p3 top cap as it is already off of the tube. While my 2.5 is in rough shape, i love it for the patina it has picked up over the year and a half of abuse I have thrown at it, I'd rather have a reliable back up to my newly acquired p3, or vape the p2.5 forward to the wife and not worry about aesthetics all over again. plus, this thing has been with me for over a year and a half day in and day out. it would mentally tax me to throw it in a drawer and just buy a replacement.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Had this 2.5 for over 18 months now. Not a mark on it !.

One thing i have noticed though is that if i use it with the led turned off the low battery indicator will start flashing prematurely. I have read quite a few posts on ECF where people have mentioned this premature low battery indicator problem, but it only happens to mine when the led is turned off. It works perfectly otherwise. When i first noticed this problem i did everything to rectify it. Cleaned it with isopropyl, contacts, threads, batteries and all. Didn't make any difference. I actually think there is nothing wrong with my Provari, i just think that's what happens with the led turned off, so i keep it on now.

Last edited:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Jwbnyc,

As long as you maintain it at leat once a month you should not have any issues,
Cleaning the inside threads of the tube, cleaning the threads on your battery cap and top connections, the Provari can last. I still have my V1 and works flawlessly still.
I'd like to second that emotion...
Once a week I clean our P3's (used to be our V2's). By clean, I use 99% IPA to clean the inside contact pin, all battery contacts to include batteries that were used and charger contacts. Brasso and 99% IPA to clean outside firing pin. Once a month, I clean ALL threading (tube including extensions, battery cap, top cap) with 99% IPA followed by a microfiber cloth. I then recoat tube and battery cap with NOALOX. I know the NOALOX is no longer recommended but I bought 4 oz of the stuff when we were still using our V2's and, whether or not it has a effect, it's sure not hurting it. Brand new 18650 Samsung 25R's last me 2 daze. 3 year old AW's last me all day. Well, at least a Kabuki full...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread