what is with all the garbage posts from wwb3774 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
It is usually cleaned up within an hour or two when that happens.
Report one of the posts to give admins an alert.
I just click on the spammer's avatar to present some options and choose ignore user.
Then click new posts and poof! they're all gone.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Smart, Mowgli. I've seen those crazy posts before, but I guess it's just like the "this is a fraud number block" button on my cellphone. Those tricksters do seem to love switching up their phone numbers, though. Sigh. I remember a day when I answered the phone, I was pretty sure who would be on the other line.

My favorite spam was the "we want to improve your credit scam." One bored day, I told the lady up front I wasn't giving her ANY information and spent my lunch break speaking with her in the courtyard and smoking, and she gave an awesome spiel for about 45 minutes (I am just a poor lady in retirement, I love helping people with the credit card companies, they are such *crooks*) and she really thought she sucked me in, until she asked for my credit cards again, and I said, "Wait, what? I thought I told you I never give scammers my credit card numbers!" Click. The bad news on that is they call me now, periodically, since I guess they log phonecall time, LOL, they think they will catch me Next Time.

The Microsoft has detected threats to your computer guy calls me a lot. I let him talk for a minute, then explain we have all mackintosh products (untrue), it's usually my personal goal to get spammers to hang up on *me.*

It is sad though, we live in a zipcode with a lot of retirees, who may not understand some of these scams and they are clearly successful enough to keep going with their, ah, business....

The police always push really hard during their annual drive, and it's *really hard* to turn those guys down politely, they always have the *nicest sounding* policeman on the phone, but hey, I pay my taxes....

Anna

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Finally someone that speaks out about it XD it's been like that for weeks ! Almost every night i check at like 1am there's either 1 or multiple koreans making multiple threads with random stuff in it..... I wonder if they even think we understand.... It's kinda pointless imo but yeah i report and move on next morning they're usually all gone anyway,but it is annoying when i have to skip like 3 pages to find the real threads XD

Reactions: stols001

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Smart, Mowgli. I've seen those crazy posts before, but I guess it's just like the "this is a fraud number block" button on my cellphone. Those tricksters do seem to love switching up their phone numbers, though. Sigh. I remember a day when I answered the phone, I was pretty sure who would be on the other line.

My favorite spam was the "we want to improve your credit scam." One bored day, I told the lady up front I wasn't giving her ANY information and spent my lunch break speaking with her in the courtyard and smoking, and she gave an awesome spiel for about 45 minutes (I am just a poor lady in retirement, I love helping people with the credit card companies, they are such *crooks*) and she really thought she sucked me in, until she asked for my credit cards again, and I said, "Wait, what? I thought I told you I never give scammers my credit card numbers!" Click. The bad news on that is they call me now, periodically, since I guess they log phonecall time, LOL, they think they will catch me Next Time.

The Microsoft has detected threats to your computer guy calls me a lot. I let him talk for a minute, then explain we have all mackintosh products (untrue), it's usually my personal goal to get spammers to hang up on *me.*

It is sad though, we live in a zipcode with a lot of retirees, who may not understand some of these scams and they are clearly successful enough to keep going with their, ah, business....

The police always push really hard during their annual drive, and it's *really hard* to turn those guys down politely, they always have the *nicest sounding* policeman on the phone, but hey, I pay my taxes....

Anna

I hate telemarketer calls. I did the stay for free if you see our presentation. It was a nice place and I had no intention of ever buying into it. But now they periodically call me. And every time I tell them I am on the other line and if they hold, I will get back. So I put them on hold and I continue to do what I do until the line drops.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The Prince Of Nigeria had his helper contact me at least 20 times.
It was done by operator assistance because he's deaf, poor chap.
Typing to a service that translates it into English words, oh my!
Poor fella used to call every night for about a month and he never did get to send me that check for $10,000 for my troubles to load a truckload of bicycles for him.
True story.
Good times :toast:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Prince Of Nigeria had his helper contact me at least 20 times.
It was done by operator assistance because he's deaf, poor chap.
Typing to a service that translates it into English words, oh my!
Poor fella used to call every night for about a month and he never did get to send me that check for $10,000 for my troubles to load a truckload of bicycles for him.
True story.
Good times :toast:
zombomeme29082017173847.jpg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Moved this to Site Feedback and Help where it belongs.

Yep, those Korean spammers are sneaky people getting around the filters.
The few that do get through are nothing compared to what gets blocked !

Sorry but staff does have to sleep sometimes, as much as we try to be here 24/7 it just isn't possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread