What, is wrapped around the coils, in a carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracker75

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Washington State
Ok, wierd Q, but inside a carto there is poly fill, but there is a slightly different product/material wrapped around the coil itself. Is it also poly fill? Just different? It seems to be more of a "sheet good", more like fabric than a fluffy filler.

To answer "why?", in my search to make the egrip cs-head, perform more like a carto (and less like a clearo), I removed a layer of wicking material from the head (dense, thick, fabric-like stuff), and replaced it with the stuff ats wrapped around the coil from a (new) carto I took apart. It seems more porous, and wicks more to my liking.

I'd rather not pillage a new carto for material every time I want to put in a new cs-head, so what is it? And where can I buy it?

Thanks in advance,

Lori2014

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Hi, Cracker

I can't answer your question, but I can offer a couple of suggestions. First, you can get Boge cartos at 5 for a buck from

99 Cent Store

if you do have to cannibalize to get what you want.

Second, if you can post a pic or two, including a close-uo, of the material, with as much description as possible, some who know fabrics may be able to make suggestions. Search on "fabric burn tests" and you may be able to determine the material's composition.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
70 views, and no suggestions? Is this the "have you tried the search feature?" moment? I have.

It does appear that the outer wrap on the cs-head, actually consists of two layers of material, so I have tried simply removing one of them, to get better wicking without cannibalizing another carto......just yet....

those 70 views are likely other people who also want the answer ... that's why I clicked this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread