What is your fav Battery wrap/Easiest/Best Wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
So it was time for the lot of batteries that i have, still good but needed new wraps. I bought a colorful assortment of wraps so i could color code married pairs rather than having to rely on the ol pull pairs out put to the left next set that charges gets put to the right of the ones on the left and always grab new from the left.

Problem is the different colors shrink differently, and some of them really suck at shrinking leaving an odd lip protruding from the flat bottom side while the top positive is usually neat and clean.

Maybe i am rewraping wrong.

Cant wait to hear all the advice.

Damage to the wraps came from a previous mod that batteries went in from the bottom into snug sized cavity for the batteries in cylinders. smok tc 200r or something like that, no longer in use.

EDIT: just dawned on me while 18650 is pretty standard for MOST it isnt the only. So i am refering to 18650's but why not help those who use others also just be sure to specify. Thanks!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've only bought wraps from Kidney Puncher and they were all fine. Slow heating helps form the shape and control how it shrinks. I use a 1500 watt hair dryer and start out with it a foot away, moving it back and forth. I move in slowly and watch when it starts to shrink and stay at that point for a few seconds and then move in to finish the job. Mine were all pressed flat with a crease on each side when I received them. I guess they do that at the factory to get more in a box. Slow heat helps them fully conform to the battery shape as they shrink.

Some mod or charger contacts can split the ends if the spring exerts too much pressure as the battery is pulled out. To prevent tearing I roll the battery up slightly with a finger and then push the battery towards the negative end to get it off the positive contact, then rotate it up and out.

I like the iStick Pico battery design that uses a screw cap like a flashlight. Smok Koopor Plus 200 has a nice battery sled with springs that are easier than some to press back for removal.

Last edited:

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I use a hair dryer, and it takes a long time to get it hot enough to get the wraps i have to shrink. I have debated using a hot plate and briefly pushin down just to fix the curl out onthe negative side. So far it doesnt really do anything. Also just lookin for methods others use. Can never have too many tools in the toolbox.

Biggest reason i even worry about the curls on the negative side is because it would be easier to tear as it isnt flush to the battery like it is on the positive side.

Reactions: puffon

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I've had that happen on the bottom neg side.
What I do is heat it up, then quickly press it down on a flat surface.
Usually takes care of it.
I do the same. The only issue I ever have is the negative side and pushing just after hearing works every time IME.

I bought a heat gun for just over $20 at Home Depot or Canadian Tire and it works much better than a hair dryer.

My wraps are all cheapies from
fasttech in different colours and some of the Iron Man ones. All work fine.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I just use a 10 bucks hair dryer I got from Walmart. I also put a little bit of stick glue on the insulator ring so it doesn't go flying when I'm using the hair dryer.
Fasttech and many other vendors sell stick on insulator rings. I think I paid $2 for 100. Work amazing and are available in black or white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread