Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Kinda have to watch the term "tank". Here, it means a "carto tank"... although "tank" seems to be bleeding over as a generic term for any juice reservoir or container... as you'll see when you visit the tanks and clearos sub forums. The term "glassomizer" to describe a fancy clearo, which is what a PT technically is... never seem to have caught fire.

The PT, if we're talking glassomizer type clearomizers, is about the best (or, at least the most popular) there is. The Davide and Vivi Nova are close on it's heals. I hear the new Kanger unitank is suppose to be pretty good.

I use carto tanks... so beyond the above, can't help you. :)

cdsaint66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Goodfield, IL
State O Flux already covered some of the different tank types, but my favorite is the carto tank. Specifically IBTanked and Phiniac tanks. They're a little time onsuming on the set up, but very low maintenance after that until it's time to swap cartomizers. I enjoy the flavor production and ease of use.

As far as clearomizers go though, the protank is the best I've tried.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
State O Flux already covered some of the different tank types, but my favorite is the carto tank. Specifically IBTanked and Phiniac tanks. I enjoy the flavor production and ease of use.
Yep. Now that 3V (Ray) has shut his doors, IBT is the automatic go-to tank maker for me. Hard to beat the quality and price.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IBTanked pyrex cartotanks. Twelve of them. IBTanked.com

IBTanked has four tank diameters (15, 19, 22, 25mm) and three tank lengths (halfling, standard, and XL) to fit any size ego or mod. Choice of stainless steel or anodized aluminum end caps. Option to customize your glass tube with hand-painted designs.

IBTanked just earned Official ECF Supplier Forum status today! :party: IBTanked :toast:

IBTanked-2.jpg IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked25mmsb.jpg IBTanked Rio carnival tank.jpg

I actually prefer the Innokin iClear 30 clearotanks over the Kanger Protanks. Dual coils and 16 wicks.

Last edited:

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I like my mini protank 2 so far, it's great on my ego twist. I just carry my juice with me if I'm out or refill before I go somewhere so I don't run low. I tried a couple of tanks from Totally wicked and the protank preforms much better. The coils seems easy to rebuild, I haven't done one yet. I don't mean to thread hijack, but what's the best coil set up for these tanks? I plan on doing a 6 wrap on 2mm silica with 32 gauge kanthal.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Pyrex/borosilicate glass carto tanks, Phiniac & IBtanked are what I use. (3 Phiniac, 1 IBT)
Thick strong glass (as sturdy as glass can be), excellent consistent Th, flavor & vapor production, about as leak free as vaping gets IMO, easy to use & maintain.
Varying sizes, shapes, styles, colors, decoration can be personalized (etched, painted, frosted designs).

Last edited:

duby1622

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
United States
You're right, there are alot of great tanks out there. All have their ups and downs. For me, this has turned into a hobby rather quickly. I have bought quite a few tanks (think i am up to 15 when the vapemail gets here), to try to figure out which ones i like the best. What i found, is that i like all of them for different reasons, and right now they are all in the rotation.

Clearomizers:
Top coil:
2 iClear16: Came with my MVP 2.0.
2 VivaNovas: Came with the Smoktech VMax

These give a warmer vape because it has a top coil. I use these with flavors i want warmer, which is mostly tobacco flavors (more like an analog), and some desserts like cinnamon roll, etc to get that hot out of the oven touch to them.

Bottom Coil Clearomizers:
1 Protank
3 Protank II
1 Mini Protank II

These I use for simplicity. Easy to clean, easy to change flavors, easy to fill. The flavors are a little muted, but that is the price you pay for convienence. Also a little muting can be a good thing with really intense menthol/fire and ice type flavors.

Carto tanks:
2 IBTanked
3 ValleyViewVapes.

LOVE the flavor of the carto over a clearo, but reserved for my favorite flavors/ADVs since the carto hold quite a bit of liquid, making it harder to change flavors.

Favorite top coil: Iclear16
Favorite Bottom Coil: Protank II
Favorite Carto tank: IBTanked

Last edited:

808Vizzle

Oct 13, 2013
Hawaii
The iclear 30 is a great clearo. It brings out the flavor in juices and able to use higher watts for a better vape. Moved over to the protank 2 due to the convenience of rebuilding and found it better. After rebuilding it to a 1.5 ohm firing it at 7.8 watts it has the same flavor taste as the iclear but even more warmer vape. Placed my iclear on the side as back up or until someone figures a way to rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread