What I've been up to... My Magnum mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I started tinkering around with a magnum-style mod last night. I've reached a certain point, but I'm really having an issue mounting the connection in the lens. Just not working for me.

I replaced the rear switch with a momentary switch from Radio Shack.

Any advice on alternative connectors? Looking to use 901 atomizer and carts.

DSCF0403.jpg

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

Last edited:

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
See my signature line for a video on the tire valve connector - There are lots of comments in the thread also of what works and what didn't.

Looking good - I like the case!

If you got some Printed circuit bord material laying around you can make nice replacements to the lens and you can also solder to it. You can buy it a Rat Shack un etched double sided stuff - Just use you lens as a template rough cut out and use a belt sander to work your way to your lines and you will get a perfect fit. (If you need a press fit)
I have als been using these now and they work pretty good.

You can get them at most well stocked hardware stores - just add Duct tape to the inside to take up a little space and the fit "tight" they are tubing plugs

Attachments

• tubig plug.jpg
    tubig plug.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Last edited:

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
Would love to see more pictures of the switch housing, as I would like to make one like that. That thing looks really clean!

I cut my pvc for my battery housing, and I'll be stripping a cord here in a second for my wiring.

I should have more pictures coming up.

I'm still a little iffy on the wiring, but I'm going to let it rip.

Glad you like it.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
Well, the Detonator is up and chugging right along.

Nice, big puffs of vapor each and every time.

Thanks to everyone that helped out! This certainly isn't the last one I'll do, and, if I can find more torches like this, I'll pump out at least a couple more Detonators.

I've still got some cleaning up to do with it, but I wanted to show everyone what it's looking like.

DSCF0409.jpg

DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0411.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread