what kind of nicotine is in ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
All nicotine used in vaping is extracted l-nicotine, not synthesized. Synthesized is prohibitively expensive, Spazmelda is correct, as in at least 100x for a 50:50 mix of l-nic and d-nic, which would be less bioactive than pure l-nic. Synthesized l-nic is much more costly than this. Hard to make only one form. Vaping nic is all extracted l-nic, since that's all plants make.

N rustica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Just wanna know what spirit of tobacco flavor and nicotine I am using.

Good luck with that. I find it interesting that the nicotine and flavoring we vape could come from a different genus of tobacco grown on opposite sides of the world. The Chinese e-liquids could perhaps have a higher integrity in that regard compared to a more expensive American or UK brand.

Does RTS Vapes also source tobacco flavorings from North Carolina?

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
RTS uses US Virginia Organic according to there site and to Todd

He says all the tobacco used there is US grown.

In a few weeks I may give making some flavor with some American Spirit tobacco a try.

Most tobacco used as far as I can find out is Nicotina Virginum.
May be some other , but that seems to be the one most used , in my short research.

I used to grow Nicotina Rustica for ceremonial use. The Hopi version of Nictina Rustica is much milder than that from the Carolinas.
The Hopi varity is a nice mild smoke, N. Carolina variety nicotina Rustic is muuuuccch stronger.
The seeds that come from those two varieties are somewhat different regardless of where you grow it. Same Nictina Rustica, but a different strain.

Thanks

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
An important factor to be aware of is the purity of the Nicotine.
The European classification Ph Eur (European Pharmacopoeia) requires a purity of 99.8%.
The USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) requires the same.
That is often (but wrongly) referred to as 'Pharma Grade' Nicotine, which is not a technical classification.
There are not many suppliers/manufacturers of 99.8% purity Nicotine and you will
find that Eliquid suppliers using it will probably be getting it from the same few sources
that supply into the Pharmaceutical industry for NRT products such as patches and gums.

The term organic has different interpretations and does not guarantee that the Tobacco was
grown organically. This is confirmed on the Wizard Labs website which is currently closed for
maintenance. The notice below is displayed on their front page:

In addition, it has been brought to our attention that some of the chemical definitions used for our extractions from natural plant matter are being misunderstood to mean certified organically grown products. We apologize for any confusion this has caused and view any misunderstanding as a failure on our part to properly communicate. In order to avoid further confusion we will also be using this downtime to revise some of our product descriptions to omit the use of the scientific term, organic.

If you like reading, here's one report on the Tobacco industry in India, the figures are interesting!

Nicotine and its Derivatives from Tobacco Waste.

Best wishes

John

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
John
Thanks

I am more interested in the tobacco that is used for flavor.
What kind, grown where ...
The nic is also nice to know.

is it extracted from green, air cured , flue cured, ...
There are the questions I have been asking.

organic, for me has little value. Especially since the standards were lowered so larger companies could compete in the "Organic Market"
if its carbon based, then it is organic. what was used on it or in the ground well is another matter.

Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread