What kind of SERIES 18650 Box Mod Do Y'all Recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
Not trying to sound like a jerk here, but before anyone says anything, I'm aware of the safety risks involved in a series box mod. I will be use 35 amp Samsung (green) batteries and do NOT plan on building below a .3. With that being said, what is a good quality series box mod that you guys enjoy?

Thanks in advance!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
If you are looking for small form factor the Cloupor GT 80 is a contender.
Angel cigs has them at around $48.00

I've had mine for 2-3 weeks been vaping at around 50-60 Watts, used the TC feature and been a happy camper.

My one gripe is that the door is loose/rattly but I found an easy solution.

Have had no problems going down to .15Ohm TC Coil and am now vaping on the .25Ohm Dual SS Coil.
Combined with the Uwell Crown and you will be a happy camper. Dual Batteries last me over 24 hours.

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Cloudmaker dna 200 with the battery sled to do dual 18650
Could do that. But the first run (which is full, any orders now will be on the second run) won't be out til the end of the month, and then we need to wait for the second run to start production. But with the dual 18650 sled the DNA 200 is a 133w chip. And their DNA 200 Whiteout comes stock with their LiPo so the sled would be a few extra bucks.
JoyBo Designs released a teaser of his new DNA200 mod, the Reuleaux. It's a triple 18650 box in series, so no need to worry about low mah LiPo's. But I have a feeling that's a bit a ways away too.
@RebornLincoln06 Are you looking for a series Mech box? Or a Regulated box?
For a mech box check out a HexOhm v2.1. As for regulated/chipped I'd suggest a Boxer SX350J or Boxer DNA200. They're a bit pricey but they're quality mods.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Could do that. But the first run (which is full, any orders now will be on the second run) won't be out til the end of the month, and then we need to wait for the second run to start production. But with the dual 18650 sled the DNA 200 is a 133w chip. And their DNA 200 Whiteout comes stock with their LiPo so the sled would be a few extra bucks.
JoyBo Designs released a teaser of his new DNA200 mod, the Reuleaux. It's a triple 18650 box in series, so no need to worry about low mah LiPo's. But I have a feeling that's a bit a ways away too.
For a mech box check out a HexOhm v2.1. As for regulated/chipped I'd suggest a Boxer SX350J or Boxer DNA200. They're a bit pricey but they're quality mods.
HexOhm is a regulated box btw. Nothing mechanical about it.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Most peoples daily vapes will be below 133w for sure

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
HexOhm is a regulated box btw. Nothing mechanical about it.
They have a mech box listed as well. And mosfet regulation is a lot different than chip regulation. So I'd consider it more mech than regulated. They also have a completely mechanical version.
Most peoples daily vapes will be below 133w for sure
Yeah no doubt, I was just stating the fact. I've been following up with CloudMaker for a while. I planned on preordering one back in August. Their first run release date was intended to be mid September originally, but it keeps getting pushed back. Chinese holidays, tooling issues, lack of parts, etc. It seems like they're on track now, but who knows what could happen.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Tom Ford post: 16675374 said:
They have a mech box listed as well. And mosfet regulation is a lot different than chip regulation. So I'd consider it more mech than regulated. They also have a completely mechanical version.

Yeah no doubt, I was just stating the fact. I've been following up with CloudMaker for a while. I planned on preordering one back in August. Their first run release date was intended to be mid September originally, but it keeps getting pushed back. Chinese holidays, tooling issues, lack of parts, etc. It seems like they're on track now, but who knows what could happen.
I've never seen a mechanical hexohm, got a link?

I thought the v2.1 was the designation for the regulated one, but it seems they use that for both regulated and unregulated, so I was incorrect in thinking that.

The regulated one is nothing like a mechanical, its a regulated box mod with an OKL2-T/20-W12 chip.

The unregulated series version, still nothing like a mechanical, is just that a unregulated series box mod. Which is what the OP was interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread