What laws changed as to coloring in vape juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
I know some laws had to be imposed to do this...no coloring in the vape juices anymore.
Anyone have any details? I've noticed the vape juice 'Barley Legal' will slowly mellow to a pale yellow, and the flavor improves with it. 'Jimmy's Pink' is no longer pink....whaaw!
It doesn't take away from the yummy flavors, as all of Mom and Pop's juices are great, I was just wondering what happened? Can't they just leave our vape juice alone? I'm over 5 years into not having a cigarette because of the vaping movement!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I don't think any laws changed; I think market changed. People asked, "Why do we need or want artificial colorings in our juice?" Those colorings contribute nothing to the vape itself, and none of them are tested for safety when inhaled.

As for clear juice changing color over time, that's normal. It's the nicotine and flavorings interacting.

tallini82

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Virginia
Hi VaVaunt,
We at Mom and Pop agree with Rossum. There really is no reason for coloring to be in our E-Juice, so when ever we can go colorless we jump at the opportunity. We make sure though that we to not change the taste of our flavors when we change to a colorless flavoring. I don't believe there is a law against coloring's in E-Juice. I do love the idea though of suppliers self regulating to bring the best product they can to there customers.

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread