What mix of PG/VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acebeans

Jan 9, 2011
Morgantown, WV
I just got a new PV ordered about 5 mins ago. Now, I am looking at all the e-juices. I read up a bit on PG/VG and basically found out that VG provides more vapor and PG provides more throat hit. I am looking for a lot of vapor production but also the throat hit has to be there as well. I smoke full flavor Marlboro's so I am looking to get something that is comparable to that in TH.

Any suggestions?

I prefer the most VG as possible, because PG seems to irritate my throat in a bad way if I vape too much of it. I usually just go with the recommended ratios for the particular e-liquid. Depending on the particular liquid, 100% VG can still give you a great throat hit (Boba's Bounty, for example).

Besides throat hit and vapor production, PG liquid is typically "thin," while VG is typically "thick." This may be a concern if you are using clearomizers or tanks. A high PG ratio may cause leakage, or a high VG ratio may be too thick to seep toward the atomizer coil. I've never had a problem with this using cartomizers though.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
With my limited experience but immense lurking ability here, I think the higher the VG the more vapor you will get. Throat hit seems to come from the nicotine content but can also be influenced by certain flavors. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

yep nicotine content is the biggest influence for th, and vg for the vapor porduction. as to what ratio to use that depends on what type of a set up you ordered.

drip atty setup- and ratio will work from 100%pg-100%vg
cartomizer/clearomizer set up- generally 80pg/20vg is recommended(which is the best overall ratio imho) but higher vg can work but may not wick fast enough causing dry hits
with most tank setups- you wanna stick with 80/20 or 70/30 some use higher vg but i find it doesnt wick well for me

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
What are you going to be using (carto, tank, clearo, dripping)?

spooty is pretty much spot on with his post. You'll want to stick with a higher PG ratio since you'll get a bit more throat hit with it.

edit: How much do you currently smoke? If you're around a pack a day I'd recommend going with 18-24mg liquid.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I use a 50/50 mix Halo ejuice Prime15 24mg nic.It has plenty of TH,and vapor,plus it tastes awesome too.It is a really good tobaco flavor that does NOT have the harsh after taste.Now if you want that harsh tobaco taste Halo has Torgue56,which has a serious harsh tobaco taste,but it is not sickly harsh it is pleasant-TH,and vapor output.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
It's all a matter of individual choice.

I'd start with a higher percentage PG juice. It will deliver more of the snap, crackle and pop so beloved by carto users. Higher PG carries flavor better than higher VG. You can use less flavoring to make a tasty high PG juice. Less flavoring ingredients will extend the life of coils and carto filler.

Higher percentage VG will produce a little more vapor and will be easier to inhale. However, some say inhaling high % VG vapor leaves a heavy feeling their lungs.

I started with a high percentage PG juice. Later on I switched to something different, as shown in my signature.

Acebeans

Jan 9, 2011
Morgantown, WV
What are you going to be using (carto, tank, clearo, dripping)?

spooty is pretty much spot on with his post. You'll want to stick with a higher PG ratio since you'll get a bit more throat hit with it.

edit: How much do you currently smoke? If you're around a pack a day I'd recommend going with 18-24mg liquid.

Tank system.

Can someone recommend a good e-juice supplier that offers all the different ratios? I want to get some with higher PG and some with higher VG just to test a couple of them out. I am also trying to find RY4 in these different ratios.

Patchouli

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
From what I've heard from the vets on this forum 80/20 is a pretty good PG/VG ratio. On youtube, Shawn says that PG increases the TH and retains the flavor better while VG has more vapor production but dampens the flavor.

-edit- Just saw your last post (I should probably browse threads before replying -.-) On Lite Cig USA they recommended that you don't use any VG mixed solutions with a tank system because it doesn't wick very well. From what I've noticed from the juice I got from Copper Creek, VG increases the viscosity of the liquid and thus makes it harder for the atty to draw it from the tank. Perhaps a low resistance atty would help with this? Don't take my word for it though...still pretty new to this and doing as much research as I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread